ADVERTISEMENT

Credit where credit is due

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
I thought Beth Mowins was terrific on last nights Broncos-Chargers broadcast. I had listened to her do second tier college games for years and never paid a lot of attention. But with the NFL broadcast, she was a star. Her description would have been great for radio, it made TV that much better. Her play-by-play descriptive skills were an obvious improvement over many former players who bring their personal views and experience to the story. She was all about painting a verbal picture of the game. Admittedly, I didn't watch all of it, switched between the Broncos and the Rockies who are surprisingly in the middle of the playoff hunt.

Along those lines, I think Suzyn Waldman is way above terrific as the color commentator for the Yankees radio broadcasts. She actually has a lot of color to add to the play-by-play which is very good also. If you have access to the Yankee radio feed, you ought to catch her commentary. She does her homework, is very knowledgeable about baseball, and knows the backstories not only of Yankee players, but of the other team also.

Many people hold the opinion that women must be outstanding in many professions in order to do the job of an average male. These two individuals prove that rule.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT