ADVERTISEMENT

Covid is treatable

There's never been any successful treatment for these type of viruses. At best, we have supportive care. If there was some magic elixir for a coronavirus, it would have been developed and marketed like crazy long before COVID19. Instead we all suffer through viral colds 2-4x a year.

Then what makes you think we could develop a persistent vaccine any better than we do for influenza?

I haven't had a viral cold since sometime in 2019 and the only thing that changed is I wore a mask in public (indoors) during cold/flu season. And I have a 5 year old who was in preschool during that time! Seems to me that masks work, but is it practical to wear them just to keep the common cold from affecting me?

There are two key factors that you are dismissing:

1) You are being more careful because of the risks of COVID vs. ordinary life
2) The amount of colds (and flu) in transmission are markedly lower because of all safety measures, including lockdowns, distancing, etc., not just masking

Reactions: mcmurtry66
There's never been any successful treatment for these type of viruses. At best, we have supportive care. If there was some magic elixir for a coronavirus, it would have been developed and marketed like crazy long before COVID19. Instead we all suffer through viral colds 2-4x a year.
My nurse practitioner told me during the start of this that’s there’s never been a treatment for a virus. She said all we’ve ever done is treat the symptoms until our body fights it off.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Probably. Or at the very least their doctor is a country quack.
After getting more sick every day, they’re well and back among the living. They believe ivermectin helped them get well. You nor I know if it did or not.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My nurse practitioner told me during the start of this that’s there’s never been a treatment for a virus. She said all we’ve ever done is treat the symptoms until our body fights it off.
So what does she think monoclonal antibodies do? Remdesivir?

I told you before, you either misheard/misunderstood her, or she's an idiot.

Reactions: outside shooter
We have antiviral drugs. We can't cure viruses, but we do have ways of treating them. You probably misunderstood her, or she misunderstood your question.

Reactions: billyhillui
Can you explain why democrats want no treatment for this damn virus? It’s a freakin sin for anyone to try to figure out how to treat.

I’ve had the vaccine. It’s not stopping Covid. My sis and brother in law are vaxed and they got Covid a few weeks ago.
CDC, WHO, FDA, ect., ect... none of the medical experts/organizations/gov. agencies ever said the vaccines stop Covid. Are you actually serious? They help you & yours, whether you get Covid or not. Do you know what a 'carrier' is? You can be a carrier, & not even know it/have any noticeable symptoms, but still spread the Covid/virus.

We have antiviral drugs. We can't cure viruses, but we do have ways of treating them. You probably misunderstood her, or she misunderstood your question.
Yes, some of these viruses mutate so fast, our doctors, genetic engineers & scientists have a hard time keeping up with them. The average hospital is full of some of these viruses. That's why if you get an infection, they must be careful which antibiotics they treat you with. Some infections build up defensive mutations/resistances to our antibiotics so fast, we can hardly treat them.

Three of the dirtiest/most virus/disease infested places:

1. Hospitals

2. Schools

3. Airports

..., venture forth at your own risk.

Last edited:
Remind me again what they are then? And the reason behind the subterfuge?
5nx703.jpg

I probably misunderstood. I took what she said to mean, we can treat cough, fever, aches, etc. but can’t cure virus with meds.

• Haha
I probably misunderstood. I took what she said to mean, we can treat cough, fever, aches, etc. but can’t cure virus with meds.
We can't cure any virus completely. Every virus you've ever had is probably still in your body somewhere. But we do have meds that can attack viruses directly. Won't cure them, but will help treat them. That's how people survive with hepatitis and HIV.

You don't cure viruses, they mutate too fast. You build up your antibodies/resistances/immunities as much as possible.

I don't expect you to understand this, but good health is more simple than most realize, it's the actual doing what you know is best, which is the hard part.

Here are your 3 main keys to good health

1. Eat right/healthy
2. Exercise properly/enough
3. Sleep adequately/correctly/enough, but not too much, & sleep the correct way, & @ the correct times.

Do these 3 things properly, & your immune system will thrive (more).

Do those 3, & the rest comes natural.

Btw, beware of the 'pill pushing doctors', who try to tell/sell you a pill will cure your ills. Pills & operations should be among your last resorts for better health.

Last edited:
We can't cure any virus completely. Every virus you've ever had is probably still in your body somewhere. But we do have meds that can attack viruses directly. Won't cure them, but will help treat them. That's how people survive with hepatitis and HIV.
Do you have an opinion why docs are pretty much telling Covid patients to stay home and wait it out and go to the ER if they get bad?

You don't cure viruses, they mutate too fast. You build up your antibodies/resistances/immunities as much as possible.

I don't expect you to understand this, but good health is more simple than most realize, it's the actual doing what you know is best, which is the hard part.

1. Eat right/healthy
3. Sleep adequately/correctly/enough, but not too much, & sleep the correct way, & @ the correct times.

Yea, I am a rube that doesn’t know anything.

Several years ago when I was diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic syncope. I had 8-10 trips to the ER with blood pressure low and about half of the visits I was unconscious. I had couple cardiologists and a neurologist. The neurologist constantly told me I didn’t eat right, sleep right, work right and exercise right. He told me not to fall asleep on couch watching TV and go to bed to sleep. It’s been 7/8 years since an occurrence. The biggest thing I did was stop drinking diet Mountain Dew from the time I got out of bed to getting back in bed at night. Now I do only a couple a day and drink water all day.

I do not. I didn't know that's what docs were doing, and I don't have the knowledge to judge what doctors might advise, anyway.
Seems like waiting too long with this has led to several deaths that I aware of.

I am not a doc either. Just my observation in my community and amongst friends in other areas.

Reactions: Lucy01
Yea, I am a rube that doesn’t know anything.

Several years ago when I was diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic syncope. I had 8-10 trips to the ER with blood pressure low and about half of the visits I was unconscious. I had couple cardiologists and a neurologist. The neurologist constantly told me I didn’t eat right, sleep right, work right and exercise right. He told me not to fall asleep on couch watching TV and go to bed to sleep. It’s been 7/8 years since an occurrence. The biggest thing I did was stop drinking diet Mountain Dew from the time I got out of bed to getting back in bed at night. Now I do only a couple a day and drink water all day.
I'm going to help you even more:

I've never had a cavity in my life. Because I was born with immune system problems & a chronic heart condition, I either ate healthy, or quickly learned not doing so could be deadly for me. The soft drinks will slowly kill you. The man made/processed sugars in them, will rot your teeth, damage your immune system, & make you feel like hell.

First, eating & drinking responsibly/right/healthy is hard, but so is surviving. I have had 2 heart attacks & a stroke, & Covid nearly killed me twice in 2020.

Here's what most American men need to watch out for, in what they eat & drink:

1. Too much salt (sodium) in their diet/foods & drinks (especially if you have high pressure, as I have had all my life, & been taking Rxs for since 18).

2. Too much processed sugar(s) in their diet/foods & drinks

3. Too much bad cholesterol/LDL cholesterol in diet/foods you eat & drink

4. Too much starch(y) foods in your diet (including but not limited to bread, rice, potatoes, noodles of any kind), ect., ect...

Yes, checking all the foods & drinks you put in your mouth is a lot of trouble, but so is living sometimes, especially as you get older/sicker.

Btw, drink lemon water. Slice up a lemon, & put in your water. It's healthier.

..., & if you can avoid gluten in your food & drink (which can be hard to do sometimes), do it.

'You are what you eat'

'You are your own best doctor'

'The more you know'/'Knowledge is power'

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
They lie dormant, until you/your immune system is weak(ened)/in a weakened state. Then they attack you/your immune system. I didn't know I had chicken pox as a child, until a couple of months ago. I will always have the long hauler Covid symptoms.

I was just getting slightly better from sever Covid symptoms about 2 months ago, when my immune system started to fail me. I would get the purple, tingly toes, swollen brain, & swollen & very red mid/waist section. Then other parts of my body started turning red, & I was hot all over, & my skin would itch. I first thought it was all part of my Covid symptoms, but the redness soon covered my entire body, & I would get hot & itchy all over.

I googled shingles, because I remember my doctor asking me if I had my shingles shots. I hadn't. I was having a shingles attack, which lasted for about 2 months, while Covid was still severely effecting me. About 3 weeks ago, I finally got over the shingles, I think? I still heat up, & parts of me turn red, but the healthier I eat, exercise & sleep, the less the symptoms seem to be. A strong immune system is the key to Covid, shingles & good health/long life.

You have no data to support that the mask is "the only thing that changed". Your immune system, among a million other things, change daily. The mask is just one infinitesimal variable in an infinite universe of change.
Rub some dirt on it.
The irony in this post is as thick as the snot in your nose.

• Haha
I'm going to help you even more:

I've never had a cavity in my life. Because I was born with immune system problems & a chronic heart condition, I either ate healthy, or quickly learned not doing so could be deadly for me. The soft drinks will slowly kill you. The man made/processed sugars in them, will rot your teeth, damage your immune system, & make you feel like hell.

First, eating & drinking responsibly/right/healthy is hard, but so is surviving. I have had 2 heart attacks & a stroke, & Covid nearly killed me twice in 2020.

Here's what most American men need to watch out for, in what they eat & drink:

1. Too much salt (sodium) in their diet/foods & drinks (especially if you have high pressure, as I have had all my life, & been taking Rxs for since 18).

2. Too much processed sugar(s) in their diet/foods & drinks

3. Too much bad cholesterol/LDL cholesterol in diet/foods you eat & drink

4. Too much starch(y) foods in your diet (including but not limited to bread, rice, potatoes, noodles of any kind), ect., ect...

Yes, checking all the foods & drinks you put in your mouth is a lot of trouble, but so is living sometimes, especially as you get older/sicker.

Btw, drink lemon water. Slice up a lemon, & put in your water. It's healthier.

..., & if you can avoid gluten in your food & drink (which can be hard to do sometimes), do it.

'You are what you eat'

'You are your own best doctor'

'The more you know'/'Knowledge is power'
Thanks good info.

About a year ago my girlfriend got me doing the lemon water. I slice a whole lemon every morning and put it in my yeti mug with water and ice. I refill a couple times a day.

i wished I watched closer all the other items you mentioned.

Thanks good info.

About a year ago my girlfriend got me doing the lemon water. I slice a whole lemon every morning and put it in my yeti mug with water and ice. I refill a couple times a day.

i wished I watched closer all the other items you mentioned.
You can believe this as well (as God is my witness). I have never voted for a (D) in my life, & never plan to. My family ancestry is Southern Baptists (from western NC., & northeastern GA), going back several hundred years, & preachers for hundreds of years. I learned at age 10 to eat right, or I would die. Like you, I learned the hard way. I often got sick/very sick, sometimes several times, before learning what to do, & not to do/eat/drink.

'You are your own best doctor', for only you, truly know how (good or bad) you feel'

A few other things that are good for your immune system

1. Watermelon

2. Berries, especially blueberries

3. Honey

Garlic/onions

eat & drink foods/drinks high in antioxidants

Eat less starchy foods, if possible/necessary (starchy foods like bread/potatoes/rice/noodles/crackers tend to put weight on you easily, & take longer to lose this weight).

Instead of eating crackers, I put Cheerios on my soup, chili, stew & other foods most use crackers for. Cheerios are low in salt/sodium, processed sugar(s) & bad cholesterol, & high in fiber & added nutrients. Eat brown rice, instead of white rice, if you eat rice. Eat wheat or multigrain bread, instead of white bread. Don't eat any white buns (if you can avoid it?), eat wheat or multigrain buns, if possible.

Beware of gluten, & foods/drinks which contain gluten. As you get older, it can irritate & sometimes inflame the lining/cilia of your inner digestive organs. Some people handle gluten better than others, As a rule, the older/& or sicker you get, the more gluten is likely to effect you in a negative way.

Maureen Solomon has written several good nutrition books. If possible, eat fewer processed foods & drinks, & more fruits & vegetables (fresh if possible). If you must cook them, slow steam them. Try to avoid fried foods, if possible.

If you eat foods, eat these first:

1. Fresh (as in fruits, vegetables & meats)

2. Frozen (but still read label for sodium, added sugars & fat/bad cholesterol contents)

3. Canned or packaged foods (if possible read the label for nutrient contents, good & bad, sodium & added sugars mostly) should be (usually) avoided, if possible. They tend to contain more/too much sodium, added/bad sugars & bad/LDL cholesterols.

I worked at Wonder Bread for 8 years, & I know what goes into the things they produce. Usually, with many 'packaged foods', (especially meats) producers tend to put in too much salt/sodium (& often too much processed sugar). Two reasons, taste & shelf life.

Both processed sugar(s) & salt/sodium are used as 'flavor enhancers' & 'preservatives' (they make products packed/packaged with them last longer (before spoiling/having to be thrown away) & taste better.

Often, if something really tastes good/great (especially meats, packaged or cooked in restaurants or stores) they usually put too much salt on/in it. If it's in a can, always check the sodium content(s).

You know what they say about bad cooks & salt. And it's basically true. More salt can make the bad taste a lot better/make a bad cook, a good one.

If you're going to eat fast food, I've found these the most nutritious, so far as I know (on average):

1. Subway

2. McDonalds

3.Wendy's? (I think?)

Three worst (I think?):

White Castle

Arby's

Taco Bell/Steak & Shake (?)

EAT NO PORK/SWINE. This is something the Bible, Torah & Koran all agree on. It has too much sodium & (bad) cholesterol.

Last edited:

1. Eat right/healthy

Do these 3 things properly, & your immune system will thrive (more).

Btw, beware of the 'pill pushing doctors', who try to tell/sell you a pill will cure your ills. Pills & operations should be among your last resorts for better health.
For more than a year now, the experts preached to us about masks, distancing, hand washing, and now vaccines. Conspicuously missing from all of this was healthy habits as you mentioned. The first line of defense to COVID is a robust and healthy immune system. Nary a word about how to accomplish that.

You can believe this as well (as God is my witness). I have never voted for a (D) in my life, & never plan to. My family ancestry is Southern Baptists (from western NC., & northeastern GA), going back several hundred years, & preachers for hundreds of years. I learned at age 10 to eat right, or I would die. Like you, I learned the hard way. I often got sick/very sick, sometimes several times, before learning what to do, & not to do/eat/drink.

'You are your own best doctor', for only you, truly know how (good or bad) you feel'

A few other things that are good for your immune system

1. Watermelon

2. Berries, especially blueberries

3. Honey

Garlic/onions

eat & drink foods/drinks high in antioxidants

Eat less starchy foods, if possible/necessary (starchy foods like bread/potatoes/rice/noodles/crackers tend to put weight on you easily, & take longer to lose this weight).

Instead of eating crackers, I put Cheerios on my soup, chili, stew & other foods most use crackers for. Cheerios are low in salt/sodium, processed sugar(s) & bad cholesterol, & high in fiber & added nutrients. Eat brown rice, instead of white rice, if you eat rice. Eat wheat or multigrain bread, instead of white bread. Don't eat any white buns (if you can avoid it?), eat wheat or multigrain buns, if possible.

Beware of gluten, & foods/drinks which contain gluten. As you get older, it can irritate & sometimes inflame the lining/cilia of your inner digestive organs. Some people handle gluten better than others, As a rule, the older/& or sicker you get, the more gluten is likely to effect you in a negative way.

Maureen Solomon has written several good nutrition books. If possible, eat fewer processed foods & drinks, & more fruits & vegetables (fresh if possible). If you must cook them, slow steam them. Try to avoid fried foods, if possible.

If you eat foods, eat these first:

1. Fresh (as in fruits, vegetables & meats)

2. Frozen (but still read label for sodium, added sugars & fat/bad cholesterol contents)

3. Canned or packaged foods (if possible read the label for nutrient contents, good & bad, sodium & added sugars mostly) should be (usually) avoided, if possible. They tend to contain more/too much sodium, added/bad sugars & bad/LDL cholesterols.

I worked at Wonder Bread for 8 years, & I know what goes into the things they produce. Usually, with many 'packaged foods', (especially meats) producers tend to put in too much salt/sodium (& often too much processed sugar). Two reasons, taste & shelf life.

Both processed sugar(s) & salt/sodium are used as 'flavor enhancers' & 'preservatives' (they make products packed/packaged with them last longer (before spoiling/having to be thrown away) & taste better.

Often, if something really tastes good/great (especially meats, packaged or cooked in restaurants or stores) they usually put too much salt on/in it. If it's in a can, always check the sodium content(s).

You know what they say about bad cooks & salt. And it's basically true. More salt can make the bad taste a lot better/make a bad cook, a good one.

If you're going to eat fast food, I've found these the most nutritious, so far as I know (on average):

1. Subway

2. McDonalds

3.Wendy's? (I think?)

Three worst (I think?):

White Castle

Arby's

Taco Bell/Steak & Shake (?)

Eating well and exercising are great. But one's genetics pretty much trumps everything. I've had alcoholic and lifelong smokers in my family that lived into their 90s, while ingesting a salt mine daily. I've also known others that lived lives incredibly clean yet still battled health issues, just from bad luck.

Obesity is the biggest issue in this country. I've seen some incredibly unhealthy people live a long time, but the one thing they never got was fat.

Yes, some of these viruses mutate so fast, our doctors, genetic engineers & scientists have a hard time keeping up with them. The average hospital is full of some of these viruses. That's why if you get an infection, they must be careful which antibiotics they treat you with. Some viruses build up defensive mutations/resistances to our antibiotics so fast, we can hardly treat them.

Three of the dirtiest/most virus/disease infested places:

1. Hospitals

2. Schools

3. Airports

..., venture forth at your own risk.
You might want to look up "treating virus with antibiotics". Antibiotics aren't utilized against a virus.

You might want to look up "treating virus with antibiotics". Antibiotics aren't utilized against a virus.

Yeah.... funny, thought for a minute this wasn't just another clown, until I read that. Not a good start for billy ho.

AdmiredCarefreeJoey-max-1mb.gif

Then what makes you think we could develop a persistent vaccine any better than we do for influenza?

We will never have a vaccine to eliminate this, just like other coronavirus. The difference is this a novel virus that we didn't grow up with as kids, so our immune system is starting from 0.

Most kids get colds like crazy when they are little.... I'm sure you've experienced this. Their immune system learns, and then when we get exposed to the same (mutated) virus as adults we don't get sick at all, or only mildly.

Either via vaccine or natural exposure, we will all get COVID antibodies. It's inevitable. Vaccines are just boosting us up, like we were babies being first exposed to the ugly world of virus.

As a society, we've got to move on. The vaccines are available. Those that refuse have made their choice.

Eating well and exercising are great. But one's genetics pretty much trumps everything. I've had alcoholic and lifelong smokers in my family that lived into their 90s, while ingesting a salt mine daily. I've also known others that lived lives incredibly clean yet still battled health issues, just from bad luck.

Obesity is the biggest issue in this country. I've seen some incredibly unhealthy people live a long time, but the one thing they never got was fat.
"Eating well and exercising ... " This statement couldn't have been more false. Genetics/ancestry plays a part, but much, much smaller than the one you claim it does.

For more than a year now, the experts preached to us about masks, distancing, hand washing, and now vaccines. Conspicuously missing from all of this was healthy habits as you mentioned. The first line of defense to COVID is a robust and healthy immune system. Nary a word about how to accomplish that.
But some people (young or old) are born with/develop serious health problems, & need extra protection. Long before I was vaccinated for Covid-19, I had Covid-19. The vaccine helped lessen my symptoms associated with Covid-19. I was born with immune system problems (which I will have all my life), & congenital heart problems, which I will have all my life (unless I get a valve in my heart replaced, then you have the chance for infection).

Do as you wish, but most people healthy or not so healthy, usually do better when vaccinated.

We will never have a vaccine to eliminate this, just like other coronavirus. The difference is this a novel virus that we didn't grow up with as kids, so our immune system is starting from 0.

Most kids get colds like crazy when they are little.... I'm sure you've experienced this. Their immune system learns, and then when we get exposed to the same (mutated) virus as adults we don't get sick at all, or only mildly.

Either via vaccine or natural exposure, we will all get COVID antibodies. It's inevitable. Vaccines are just boosting us up, like we were babies being first exposed to the ugly world of virus.

As a society, we've got to move on. The vaccines are available. Those that refuse have made their choice.
Wrong, this virus was genetically engineered & manipulated/altered, intentionally in a lab. It has certain traits unique to & of itself, from all previous Corona viruses. That is why we are still having trouble treating it, & why we still have a lot to learn about it. It has been intentionally, genetically engineered to spread faster than other Corona viruses, & do more damage once inside of you.

You/we wouldn't most likely see these traits (at these levels), if it had come only from the 'wet market' some claim. It was engineered by the Wuhan lab specifically to spread fast, & kill many. The Chinese gov./lab specifically engineered this virus as a biological weapon. It is working great, as such.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: outside shooter

Spot on

You can beat this virus if you get to a doctor early, a combination of Z-pac, ivermectin, Monoclonal antibodies, Regeneron. It works, you feel better in three days with no aches and pains.

You can beat this virus if you get to a doctor early, a combination of Z-pac, ivermectin, Monoclonal antibodies, Regeneron. It works, you feel better in three days with no aches and pains.
Thank you Donald Trump. What, no Clorox & dewormer?

Btw, Trump tried that, & nearly died from the virus.

:O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT