ADVERTISEMENT

Covid is treatable

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
I am sure this is a quack. He probably doesn’t line up with Fauci’s crowd.

Reactions: dr.jb
Totally amazed that you are not just unfortunate collateral damage from friendly cesscooler fire by now. Haven't you heard, wear your damn mask.

Google his name and read a few things. You may not like it and the results may not support your post, but it’s there waiting for you.

Godspeed.
Can you explain why democrats want no treatment for this damn virus? It’s a freakin sin for anyone to try to figure out how to treat.

I’ve had the vaccine. It’s not stopping Covid. My sis and brother in law are vaxed and they got Covid a few weeks ago.

Can you explain why democrats want no treatment for this damn virus? It’s a freakin sin for anyone to try to figure out how to treat.

I’ve had the vaccine. It’s not stopping Covid. My sis and brother in law are vaxed and they got Covid a few weeks ago.
WTF are you talking about? Nobody wants to deny treatment for people with Covid. Pushing for higher vaccination rates will decrease the number of people who need treatment, but the ones who do get sick should and will still be treated.

Did you even look at the guy in your OP? Baylor is even getting a restraining order against him. Seems like a total nutjob.

Secondly, how bad did they get COVID a few weeks ago? It's clear the vaccine efficacy is waning as it relates to full prevention (still much better than nothing if you don't have natural immunity), but it's ability to prevent severe disease remains quite robust.

WTF are you talking about? Nobody wants to deny treatment for people with Covid. Pushing for higher vaccination rates will decrease the number of people who need treatment, but the ones who do get sick should and will still be treated.

I didn't click on his video, but I was assuming he was referring to the concept of HHS' rationing of monoclonal antibodies, which has created some distrust of the government. It's unclear to me if any of that is warranted (haven't seen/read enough substance)

Did you even look at the guy in your OP? Baylor is even getting a restraining order against him. Seems like a total nutjob.

Secondly, how bad did they get COVID a few weeks ago? It's clear the vaccine efficacy is waning as it relates to full prevention (still much better than nothing if you don't have natural immunity), but it's ability to prevent severe disease remains quite robust.
Mild symptoms.

I know 5 people in the last 5 weeks who were quite ill at home and got ivermectin prescription. All had remarkable improvement in 24-48 hours and swear by the drug. I suppose they’re all orange man followers and idiots.

This guy may be a quack. My point is why are doctors just telling people to stay at home and quarantine. Why the hell are we waiting until people are deathly ill. Then an ambulance picks them up and off to the ER and then to a ventilator? Why don’t we treat people from the start?

Reactions: Lucy01
This guy may be a quack. My point is why are doctors just telling people to stay at home and quarantine. Why the hell are we waiting until people are deathly ill. Then an ambulance picks them up and off to the ER and then to a ventilator? Why don’t we treat people from the start?
That’s a valid question. During the first months of covid, people were treated with Remdesivir, which stopped the progression of covid. It seems some patients are given drugs for treatment while others are told to come back if you get worse. It also wouldn’t surprise me if patients are given whatever drug they request since the scientists are still learning as they go, trying to get control while a tested, approved drug is developed to arrest the virus.

Reactions: stollcpa

bcf8b50c9931eb139418185ecc96f418--rubber-duck-so-funny.jpg

It's been the damn Democrats that have taken this war against a virus seriously, some say too seriously, from the get go. Why on earth do you believe that Democrats don't want a treatment? That's 100% false.

We don't want goose chases and conspiracy rumors bubbling up from social media gossip groups.

Each 'remedy' takes a tremendous amount of energy to prove or disprove, and most (from zinc to hydroxychloroquine to whatever) has been disproved, wasting valuable time and energy.

There has been one miracle cure that has been tried and tested as the current most effective....the vax, but the same forces that are pushing miracle cures are pushing that the vax is bad.

The internet has given the local gossip and local remedies a national stage. That should be a good thing to have an apparatus that can communicate to massive amounts of people but unfortunately it's allowed for mis information to run rampant.

Personal example. My grandfather was deaf in one ear (he had one of those old school hearing aids that would feedback and grandpa wouldn't notice). When asked how he went deaf, turns out he had a bad ear infection and instead of going to a doctor, my grandmother was told that boiling hot water would treat it. So she poured boiling hot water in his ear.

Today that is the internet but instead of a farm girl in Oakland City, it's reaching millions of people and becoming 'truth'.

Except the Biden Admin. They’d seemingly like to deny treatment to those with Covid in Florida.

To prove a point and all.

Isn't Ivermectin for bacterial infections rather than viral? I know a veterinarian friend of mine said he might recommend this drug to you if you had a parasite infection but fails to see how it would have much of an effect on virial infection like Covid. It works great if you are suffering from scabies.

The vaccine is working as intended, though clearly some of them (Pfizer) are less successful in stopping breakthrough infections with the Delta variant. My wife had covid, as did a number of vaxxed teachers at our youngest's pre- school. But it's on par with a mild cold. And I never got it at all, or at least no symptoms of anything.

I'm not sure why there is a need for "treatments" for such a thing.

The vaccine is working as intended, though clearly some of them (Pfizer) are less successful in stopping breakthrough infections with the Delta variant. My wife had covid, as did a number of vaxxed teachers at our youngest's pre- school. But it's on par with a mild cold. And I never got it at all, or at least no symptoms of anything.

I'm not sure why there is a need for "treatments" for such a thing.
I guess something similar could be said about the vaccine. What’s the death rate?

Money, money,money....money
Exactly. There are multiples of billions of dollars being made in manufacturing and selling the vaccines. Almost all of it government money. That doesn’t make the vaccines bad, but it does show how our country works. I’ve had two MD’s directly tell me that the government has miserably failed with treatment research and therapeutics for outpatients. Every time a treatment is tried and mentioned by those in the field, the experts smack it down because said experts have funded no studies. There are no studies because, while the experts were making a nice living designing and studying new more potent viruses with things like gain of function research, again using government money, and arguing that such research is necessary to keep the world safe,, nobody was designing and testing new antidotes or treatments.

Exactly. There are multiples of billions of dollars being made in manufacturing and selling the vaccines. Almost all of it government money. That doesn’t make the vaccines bad, but it does show how our country works. I’ve had two MD’s directly tell me that the government has miserably failed with treatment research and therapeutics for outpatients. Every time a treatment is tried and mentioned by those in the field, the experts smack it down because said experts have funded no studies. There are no studies because, while the experts were making a nice living designing and studying new more potent viruses with things like gain of function research, again using government money, and arguing that such research is necessary to keep the world safe,, nobody was designing and testing new antidotes or treatments.
If you're going to fund something, seems to me prevention rather than treatment would give you the best bang for your buck.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
There are studies happening now on Ivermectin. There were/are studies on Hydroxychloroquine. There are studies on steroids (they work).

Reactions: largemouth
different people react differently to the virus

different people react differently to the vaccines

different people react differently to different treatments

shockingly nature

science, medicine and government do not know why

shockingly normal

Then why the emphasis on vaccines?
The issue of prevention (vaccine) vs treatment (monoclonal antibody) is a reflection (to a great extent ) of the political divide. For some people the notion that treatment (injection of emergency use authorization only, experimental drugs at a cost of $2000/ per treatment dose) is preferable to a preventative measure vaccine (injected experimental emergency use initially but full authorization of 1 with second being imminent FREE widely available medicine) essentially boils down to mainly political calculations.. Claim to be worried about the possible long term side effects of the new vaccine, but don't express the same fear of being injected with the equally new and experimental monoclonal therapies and possible long term side effects? Hypocrisy and Bunk!!

There are a couple of psychological factors at play as well. Getting vaccinated against a disease you claim doesn't exist is a bridge too far. If you maintain it's not serious, then it's hard to admit you need to protect yourself. If a treatment exists, then you can take your chance on not getting an "experimental vaccine", and even if you do get sick you can then rely on an "experimental treatment". Hey it worked for Trump, right?

Hayes does a great job of exploring this reality. I wonder how many folks who are anti-vax (but pro-mono) try and base their opposition on the newness and experimental nature of the vax without realizing that the mono treatment shares those very same characteristics? Discussion of that issue begins at about the 8 min mark, but the opening discussion of the Breitbart article that claims "libs" are using reverse psychology to trick right wingers into NOT getting vaccinated is pretty fascinating...

The tepid "support" for the vaccine of Governors like DeSantis and Reeves is on full display. DeSantis is afraid of alienating the anti-vax element of his base, but has no problem pushing mono treatments which those same people heartily approve of. Reeves can't even tell people to get vaccinated, but urges them to "ask their doctor".

But Kemp goes even a step further to downplay the effectiveness of the vaccine, and defer to people who "have concerns" and need time to "do their research. Presumably he means in their home labs? Then he goes even more full moron by criticizing the effectiveness of a vaccine (and mandate) for a vaccine that doesn't exist. This is the lunacy we're dealing with...

Isn't Ivermectin for bacterial infections rather than viral?
Parasites are not bacteria. It's for larval worms of many different varieties.

That's not to say that a compound that does one thing can't do another, like aspirin relieves pain and thins your blood.

Ivermectin actually has some effects on COVID in cell culture. In a test tube, if you will. We call it in vitro. It just doesn't work in the controlled clinical trials in people at the doses tested, or even in animal models (in vivo).

Vaccination gives you a shit-ton of neutralizing antibodies, produced by your body, that then continues to produce them for months, then remembers how to produce them, maybe years at at least some level, through T cell memory.

Antibody therapies directly inject a shit-ton of neutralizing antibodies. You body does not make them, doesn't learn to make them, doesn't establish a memory to produce them. They are gone in weeks. It is a transient effect, but it can be a rescue, since the antibodies are there all of a sudden, whereas if you had been vaccinated, it would take a few weeks.

But with some planning, some intelligence, and thinking over the long haul, it's like comparing free gas tank fill-ups for an entire year (or more) to a one-time free gas tank fill-up.

Neither is "bad" but one is a lot more substantial.

What is odd is people claiming "I am not trusting the vaccine" because (supposedly) "I don't know what's in it" and at the same time "trusting the antibody therapy" as if they do know more about what is in IT.

The issue of prevention (vaccine) vs treatment (monoclonal antibody) is a reflection (to a great extent ) of the political divide. For some people the notion that treatment (injection of emergency use authorization only, experimental drugs at a cost of $2000/ per treatment dose) is preferable to a preventative measure vaccine (injected experimental emergency use initially but full authorization of 1 with second being imminent FREE widely available medicine) essentially boils down to mainly political calculations.. Claim to be worried about the possible long term side effects of the new vaccine, but don't express the same fear of being injected with the equally new and experimental monoclonal therapies and possible long term side effects? Hypocrisy and Bunk!!

There are a couple of psychological factors at play as well. Getting vaccinated against a disease you claim doesn't exist is a bridge too far. If you maintain it's not serious, then it's hard to admit you need to protect yourself. If a treatment exists, then you can take your chance on not getting an "experimental vaccine", and even if you do get sick you can then rely on an "experimental treatment". Hey it worked for Trump, right?

Hayes does a great job of exploring this reality. I wonder how many folks who are anti-vax (but pro-mono) try and base their opposition on the newness and experimental nature of the vax without realizing that the mono treatment shares those very same characteristics? Discussion of that issue begins at about the 8 min mark, but the opening discussion of the Breitbart article that claims "libs" are using reverse psychology to trick right wingers into NOT getting vaccinated is pretty fascinating...

The tepid "support" for the vaccine of Governors like DeSantis and Reeves is on full display. DeSantis is afraid of alienating the anti-vax element of his base, but has no problem pushing mono treatments which those same people heartily approve of. Reeves can't even tell people to get vaccinated, but urges them to "ask their doctor".

But Kemp goes even a step further to downplay the effectiveness of the vaccine, and defer to people who "have concerns" and need time to "do their research. Presumably he means in their home labs? Then he goes even more full moron by criticizing the effectiveness of a vaccine (and mandate) for a vaccine that doesn't exist. This is the lunacy we're dealing with...

lol. Kemp calls the vaccine safe and effective within the first 5 seconds of that video. DeSantis was practically sending in SWAT teams to hunt down and jab the elderly when the vax was first released. Your characterization of them as anti-vax, or having tepid support is a concoction of your own imagination and the wing nut sites you prescribe to.

Pushing for education vs. mandates makes all the sense in the world in my mind. It's human nature that people don't like being told what to do, even if it's good for them.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

Kemp telling anti-vaxxers to 'do their own research' is maddening. Mostly because their research consists of getting online and agreeing with some crackpot conspiracy theory about Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci creating COVID in a Wuhan lab as step one in their global mind control scheme.

I wish people like Kemp would tell people hesitant to get the vaccine to go to the CDC website or talk with their doctor. Acknowledge their skepticism as legitimate if you want, but don't tell them to 'do their research', because they don't know what research is. Point them to experts to get their legitimate questions answered.

Your argument for universal acceptance of delayed and untimely perceived scientific truth is noble, but “wind piss.”

Covid was politicized from Day 1, when folks said millions would die because Trump did not issue a travel ban quick enough. Science - hell, even just the pursuit of truth - was the first Covid death.

Would a travel ban 2 weeks earlier have made any difference at all? Of course not. A month earlier? Of course not. The first day Fauci probably told Trump ”oops, looks like the US helped fund some research that let a souped-up virus out of a lab.?” Nope, not even then.

But even university-educated and otherwise (allegedly) intelligent people were prepared to believe DNA-deep that a virus spreading was (or was not) a function of who was the American President, not millions of years of viral science. They were willing to believe ANYTHING based on politics, not science or medicine - POLITICS.

Because bitching about your political opponent - and especially getting your sycophants to do so on the 24 hour news cycle and internet - is more important to vote whores than life itself. EVERYTHING is used for political gain FIRST. Even a pandemic. Even a school shooting. Even a response to a terror attack on 9/11. (“Did you see how Bush just sat there in that first grade class while more people died?” The fires weren’t even out and the politics were faster than the TV signals.)

So in January 2020, Covid became Trump vs. anti-Trump, raised to level of life and death.

If Trump had been FOR a December ban, Pelosi and hers would have been against it.
Trump played it down. Pelosi played it up.
Trump played it up. Pelosi played it down.
When Trump touted a rapid vaccine effort, his opponents said they’d never take a Trump-rushed vaccine, and pro-Trump folks said it would save us. Now the tables are turned and the most ardent anti-Trump folks are pro-vaccine and the most ardent pro-Trump folks are against it.

Truth is for historians to write.

I don't get the allegations that Democrats are standing in the way of treatments.

First, there are treatments and protocols. They have been developed and proven by the global medical community. Neither Democrats nor Republicans played any role in that.

The issue for many of these medicines is there is no organization investing the resources for FDA approval based on the economics. That's a policy issue for either Democrats or Republicans (hopefully both together) to address.

Your argument for universal acceptance of delayed and untimely perceived scientific truth is noble, but “wind piss.”

Covid was politicized from Day 1, when folks said millions would die because Trump did not issue a travel ban quick enough. Science - hell, even just the pursuit of truth - was the first Covid death.

Would a travel ban 2 weeks earlier have made any difference at all? Of course not. A month earlier? Of course not. The first day Fauci probably told Trump ”oops, looks like the US helped fund some research that let a souped-up virus out of a lab.?” Nope, not even then.

But even university-educated and otherwise (allegedly) intelligent people were prepared to believe DNA-deep that a virus spreading was (or was not) a function of who was the American President, not millions of years of viral science. They were willing to believe ANYTHING based on politics, not science or medicine - POLITICS.

Because bitching about your political opponent - and especially getting your sycophants to do so on the 24 hour news cycle and internet - is more important to vote whores than life itself. EVERYTHING is used for political gain FIRST. Even a pandemic. Even a school shooting. Even a response to a terror attack on 9/11. (“Did you see how Bush just sat there in that first grade class while more people died?” The fires weren’t even out and the politics were faster than the TV signals.)

So in January 2020, Covid became Trump vs. anti-Trump, raised to level of life and death.

If Trump had been FOR a December ban, Pelosi and hers would have been against it.
Trump played it down. Pelosi played it up.
Trump played it up. Pelosi played it down.
When Trump touted a rapid vaccine effort, his opponents said they’d never take a Trump-rushed vaccine, and pro-Trump folks said it would save us. Now the tables are turned and the most ardent anti-Trump folks are pro-vaccine and the most ardent pro-Trump folks are against it.

Truth is for historians to write.
The Winning historians, that is....

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
If you're going to fund something, seems to me prevention rather than treatment would give you the best bang for your buck.

Only to the extent that prevention provides good results. As the vaccine effectiveness wanes, it becomes a less attractive investment, in financial and human terms.

There's never been any successful treatment for these type of viruses. At best, we have supportive care. If there was some magic elixir for a coronavirus, it would have been developed and marketed like crazy long before COVID19. Instead we all suffer through viral colds 2-4x a year.

There's never been any successful treatment for these type of viruses. At best, we have supportive care. If there was some magic elixir for a coronavirus, it would have been developed and marketed like crazy long before COVID19. Instead we all suffer through viral colds 2-4x a year.

That reminds me of a problem with many of the "treatments". In the Beverly Hillbillys, it was discovered that Granny had a secret potion to cure a common cold. A lot of doctors came to see what it was. She showed them and said, "just have the patient drink this daily and they will be cured in 7-10 days".

I haven't had a viral cold since sometime in 2019 and the only thing that changed is I wore a mask in public (indoors) during cold/flu season. And I have a 5 year old who was in preschool during that time! Seems to me that masks work, but is it practical to wear them just to keep the common cold from affecting me?

I haven't had a viral cold since sometime in 2019 and the only thing that changed is I wore a mask in public (indoors) during cold/flu season. And I have a 5 year old who was in preschool during that time! Seems to me that masks work, but is it practical to wear them just to keep the common cold from affecting me?
You have no data to support that the mask is "the only thing that changed". Your immune system, among a million other things, change daily. The mask is just one infinitesimal variable in an infinite universe of change.
Rub some dirt on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT