ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Experience

I don't know how to add this, but I wanted to mention that the man who died whose funeral I went to, his widow survived Covid, but she still had supplemental oxygen and a SO2 monitor on her finger at the funeral.

I'm reconnecting with their son, whom I grew up with, and I'll find out more, but my guess is they were not vaccinated, since it seems like long odds that they'd both have a very bad breakthrough infection at the same time.
Poor woman. Just awful. You'd think the more vulnerable groups would recognize the enhanced risk and get vaccinated. My stoker's cuz is unvaccinated. Lives in GA.

Poor woman. Just awful. My stoker's cuz is unvaccinated. Lives in GA
She was at peace. This is awful to think about, but she was actually happy he passed. Not because she wanted him to die, but because he was in so much pain. She said his lungs basically turned to concrete and he was suffering horribly. For her, it was a blessing he got to move on from that.

Really tragic stuff. For the past two weeks, I was working under the assumption he was just old. I didn't realize it was Covid that got him. To make matters worse, it was a double funeral. His mom died a week after he did. They had already delayed his funeral (I assume so as not to have it on 9/11), so they did hers the same day. Really sad stuff. Family members were going up to the podium in pairs so they could read each others' remarks because they were breaking down doing it alone.

Oh, and his daughter was my first ever client after I opened my office. She still owes me $150, but I didn't bring it up. ;)

She was at peace. This is awful to think about, but she was actually happy he passed. Not because she wanted him to die, but because he was in so much pain. She said his lungs basically turned to concrete and he was suffering horribly. For her, it was a blessing he got to move on from that.

Really tragic stuff. For the past two weeks, I was working under the assumption he was just old. I didn't realize it was Covid that got him. To make matters worse, it was a double funeral. His mom died a week after he did. They had already delayed his funeral (I assume so as not to have it on 9/11), so they did hers the same day. Really sad stuff. Family members were going up to the podium in pairs so they could read each others' remarks because they were breaking down doing it alone.

Oh, and his daughter was my first ever client after I opened my office. She still owes me $150, but I didn't bring it up. ;)
Damn that's brutal!!! Sadly I trust there are a lot of stories like that.

Too funny re the bill. Law's a funny thing. If your buddy came over and paved your driveway you'd never think of not paying but law - it's all so often "a favor"

Too funny re the bill. Law's a funny thing. If your buddy came over and paved your driveway you'd never think of not paying but law - it's all so often "a favor"
I ran into the same thing back in the day fixing computers. They didn't think I actually did anything. I started documenting every keystroke.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I ran into the same thing back in the day fixing computers. They didn't think I actually did anything. I started documenting every keystroke.
Oh I'm sure. I'll buy ya a beer - that should leave us square after the five hours I hover over computer

Damn that's brutal!!! Sadly I trust there are a lot of stories like that.

It was a double favor. I was helping her out with what she needed, and she was helping me out by giving my practice an honest-to-goodness client. Doesn't matter. I don't care about the money.

It's just so tragic to see this happen from something so preventable. At least when my dad died, we knew there was nothing to be done. He outlived all expectations using new experimental treatments. We all got extra years with him that fate didn't want us to have.

Doesn't seem that way with Terry. He apparently made the wrong choice and boom, that's what happens. It's just really tough to hear his family say they were happy he passed because living was so horrible.

I'm sure Covid isn't the only case where that happens. Various forms of dementia, locked-in syndrome, apparent brain death, etc. But still, it's rough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT