ADVERTISEMENT

corner 3s

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
I watch a lot of NBA, seems like they shoot more from the corner than anywhere else, and hit a high percentage. you don't see it as often in college games. wonder why that is.

It’s a foot closer in the corners in the NBA.
22-3 vs 23-9
NCAA is only 22-1, so there’s room to fit it in everywhere..
Edit: I played at the old coliseum with the 25-foot thee point line & that was not as easy from straight out or the wings. I’m sure the corners were a little shorter.

Last edited:
22-3 vs 23-9
Edit: I played at the old coliseum with the 25-foot thee point line & that was not as easy from straight out or the wings. I’m sure the corners were a little shorter.
didn't realize that. makes sense. to me it would be distracting being so close to out of bounds not a lot of room in the corners

Yeah, if you wear a size 12 or bigger you risk stepping on the line. I see at least one of those calls per game.

Reactions: ulrey
I watch a lot of NBA, seems like they shoot more from the corner than anywhere else, and hit a high percentage. you don't see it as often in college games. wonder why that is.
didn't realize that. makes sense. to me it would be distracting being so close to out of bounds not a lot of room in the corners
Especially when you’re a drunk

22-3 vs 23-9
I hate the nba but i know they shoot a ton of threes so my question is why is woodson not recruiting three point shooters. I thought he was an nba guy.

I hate the nba but i know they shoot a ton of threes so my question is why is woodson not recruiting three point shooters. I thought he was an nba guy.
Because he got fired from the nba for not letting them shoot more threes!

Jk, but the nba changed a lot after his last stint as a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT