ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper committed!

I agree on the top end. We would just have to bank on our reserves being better than their reserves and I just do not see that happening.

You would need PSU and IU to match OSU's top end and then have better reserves.

What a crazy thought...good topic.
Theoretically, you'd have the starters from two teams though.

Theoretically, you'd have the starters from two teams though.
True but if you just have more of our combined topline guys that are not equal to their top line guys...does it really matter?

You need the Jimmy's and the Joe's and just like 76 pointed out a little while ago in another thread...the OSU lines are sooooo talented and our teams combined cannot match them there.

We can out scheme them but we all know that PU players cannot learn schemes well so we lose the value of having those players anyways (j/k:).

Reactions: BoilerN
Assuming we would take the best 85 players based on filling the positions, we should be competitive. OSU probably still has the talent advantage (at least on the top end). We could give them a run for their money.
IU alone gave them more than a run for their money just last year. Pick up a few needs from the PU roster and add some depth and good things happen.

Purdue had a higher completion percentage, passing TD percentage, and more passing yards per game last year. Bell had the most average receiving yards per game in the big ten and the most TD's in the big ten last year. He did the latter on less games than everyone else.

So outside of maybe winning a couple more games, how has iu passing game been far stronger and how would it better prep him for the NFL? I guess that's where I'm confused.
Brohm is a really good offensive coach and Bell catches anything he can see. Still really wish he was at IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT