ADVERTISEMENT

Conwell and Dre Davis

Funny, but if you listen to Todd Leary on the post game shows, he says Galloway has a fundamental flaw in his shooting stroke that he could fix in 1 session. Cav, can you figure out some legal way to get Todd and Trey together over the summer? What happens if they both just want to go shoot some hoops at an outdoor court somewhere?

I think Leary offered to help the coaching staff and can't due to NCAA rules, but if I was Woody, I'd at least listen to the guy, he is doing it professionally now and knows shooting.
Galloway’s dad is a coach. You’d think he could figure it out.

Can't wait until he's gone. Most overated player in IU history.

He's the most adorable player in IU history, per my mother, sister and nieces.

But "overrated"? I don't recall him being rated all that high and I don't remember anybody here hyping him all that much.

He's a glue player. An effort guy. He just happens to have a below avg shot, is all. I think he's nice off the bench.

• Sad
Reactions: Willdog7 and T.M.P.
Galloway’s dad is a coach. You’d think he could figure it out.
Yeah, I have my doubts for that reason. You'd think somewhere along the line, whether there or in 4 years at IU, they'd have worked on and improved his shooting, which is exactly why I feel like he's never gonna be a knockdown guy, but still a valuable player. If I were Woodson though, I'd still be having someone talk with Leery and see what it is he thinks he sees. He was quite confident and is doing that as a business now.

Reneau just averaged 15.4/6/2.7 as a sophomore starting next to a lottery pick big man. Absolutely insane to think he should come off the bench.
We had 19 total wins and didn't make the tournament this past season with Ware and Reneau. Of course that record is not exclusively on them, but I expect Woodson is going to do whatever it takes to make the team better. If we actually get Ballo, we might very well play lineups with only him the floor as a big if we have guards and wings that can score and defend.

IU has waited 4 years for Galloway to improve 3s and free throws. Why would he suddenly become better if he hasn't done it for 4 years?
Fife did. Fife was the last person you wanted shooting 3s until his senior year. Doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. Go watch our home game against Illinois from the 01-02 season. I know it’s on YouTube. 17 3s in that game, not to mention Newton’s posterizing dunk on Lucas Johnson. One of the top dunks, if not the top dunk, in IU history. Even better than Pritchard’s put back dunk on Minnesota. Ewing Jr had a monster slam @Wisconsin one year. Even made the Wisconsin bench react.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Fife did. Fife was the last person you wanted shooting 3s until his senior year. Doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. Go watch our home game against Illinois from the 01-02 season. I know it’s on YouTube. 17 3s in that game, not to mention Newton’s posterizing dunk on Lucas Johnson. One of the top dunks, if not the top dunk, in IU history. Even better than Pritchard’s put back dunk on Minnesota. Ewing Jr had a monster slam @Wisconsin one year. Even made the Wisconsin bench react.
Newton’s Law!

The ball movement and Jeff’s cut for the And 1 slam was awesome. That game was a hint of what was to come from that team.

Marco’s dunk is the wildest reaction I’ve ever seen but it was just a normal breakaway dunk.

You are setting up to be able to tell everyone "I told you so" if next season goes well BUT what will your tune be if next season is another clustef***? Will you call for him to be fired?

What is the absolute minimum result for next season that will keep you on Woodson's side?
Why does he or anyone have to pick a side? Seems dumb ..

Why does he or anyone have to pick a side? Seems dumb ..
Maybe for you.
It would seem most are in the fire or keep camp. In my opinion, Woodson needs to go.
He is in the keep camp now and I wanted to know what his expectations are and what will cross over into the fire camp. Simple.

Maybe for you.
It would seem most are in the fire or keep camp. In my opinion, Woodson needs to go.
He is in the keep camp now and I wanted to know what his expectations are and what will cross over into the fire camp. Simple.
You're taking him camping?

Weirdo ...

• Haha
Reactions: Al Bino
One of, if not my favorite, definitely top 5, post-RMK regular season IU games. Those first few Illini teams Self inherited from Kruger were loaded with depth and talent. Yet, IU had their number at the BTT the season before in ‘01, as the 1 seed and eventual NCAA 1 seed also, IU beat them in a great game at the UC I was at. “Haston with the block” to end it. Then in ‘02, when they came back to IU, between the 3 point barrage and Newt dunk on Johnson, was just about a perfect game. The IU flag was up that day at my place in Chicago!!

Last edited:
One of, if not my favorite, definitely top 5, post-RMK regular season IU games. Those first few Illini teams Self inherited from Kruger were loaded with depth and talent. Yet, IU had their number at the BTT the season before in ‘01, as the 1 seed and eventual NCAA 1 seed also, IU beat them in a great game at the UC I was at. “Haston with the block” to end it. Then in ‘02, when they came back to IU, between the 3 point barrage and Newt dunk on Johnson, was just about a perfect game. The IU flag was up that day at my place in Chicago!!
Fife's situation was a strange one, and this is just my opinion. Even though he threatened to leave the day RMK was fired, I think he actually developed his offensive game much better afterwards. I always felt he looked almost 'scared' to shoot it while playing for RMK. He seemed to play much looser afterwards, especially the 2001-2002 season. His 3pt numbers...attempts, makes, %s, all skyrocketed after RMK left. Of course this can also be attributed, at least in part, to the departures of Guyton and M Lewis, so now guys like Cov and Fife saw more pt and more opportunities. But Fife's 3pt shooting % his first two seasons were under 25% with less than 40 attempts each season. In 2001-2002 he shot nearly 50% on 138 attempts. That is an impressive improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT