ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching!

They gave up a 19 point lead. Came back? Some fans are just ignorant. Lucky to get this one.

And some people are just malcontent and filled with self inflicted misery.
latest

And you only have a few weeks left to post here, because IU is making the tournament.
Why do you post here, since it’s never to actually talk about basketball? Had they lost, you would’ve run away for several days, as is your tradition. Either talk about the great win or go away. You add nothing.

It is a nice win , but calling it a comeback is not accurate.
Who is? We had posters earlier in the season calling one of our wins a comeback win because the other team had an 11-13 point lead in the first half (don't recall exactly). That was dumb. Of course it wasn't a comeback win, and neither was this one. It was a good win by a team that knuckled down on defense after missing several inside shots and getting down by six in the second half. That was the key to this game. Defense led to offense.

Reactions: MrBing and Sassy61
And they won. Is the game about getting and giving away big leads or winning?

Will there be an taint and asterisk on the record? As in W.... BUT .. gave away a big lead?

What will PSU's record say .. Erased big lead?
Read the context of the original post moron, they had a big lead, gave it away, came back. Nice win.

While getting very good shots, but missing them. However, basketball teams never lose a good lead and come back to win. Never! Except when they do.
Huh, all i know is that it was a good win. I am very happy. But to give credit only to a comeback isn't accurate - all i was responding to.

Huh, all i know is that it was a good win. I am very happy. But to give credit only to a comeback isn't accurate - all i was responding to.
He didn't call it a comeback win. He accurately said we came from behind to win. That's a factual statement. Everyone should stop with the snark. I will if others will . . .

Reactions: MrBing
I didn’t see much wrong with our coaching in this game. PSU came back because Stevens is really freaking good and Dread had a spurt.

I didn’t see much wrong with our coaching in this game. PSU came back because Stevens is really freaking good and Dread had a spurt.

Also, a big thing was that after calling a really tight game in the first half, the refs eased up on the foul calls at the beginning of the second half (went back to calling it really tight the last 12 min or so), and PSU players were taking advantage of it, and IUs players were caught off guard.

overall, I think the refs were calling it both ways evenly, they just didn’t call it consistently over the course of the game.

Also, a big thing was that after calling a really tight game in the first half, the refs eased up on the foul calls at the beginning of the second half (went back to calling it really tight the last 12 min or so), and PSU players were taking advantage of it, and IUs players were caught off guard.

overall, I think the refs were calling it both ways evenly, they just didn’t call it consistently over the course of the game.

Also, I’d actually prefer refs call a tight game, but it can be a shock to the system (like today) when players are just used to getting away with more contact.

Everybody back away from the ledge and take a breath. Watching the first half, I had the feeling that things wouldn't be as easy in the second half. Not because it was us, but because very few teams take that kind of lead over a top 10 team and hold it or extend it in the 2nd Half.

Penn State got the lead based upon what they did, not what we didn't do. We still played tough Defense and they hit shots. We played decent Offense and got a lot of shots we wanted, but they didn't drop.

The thing I liked about this game was the fact that we played with intensity and effort throughout the game, and didn't fold when Penn State took the Lead.

The better question is: When does Penn State's AD fire Chambers?
I've always liked Chambers. He has an excuse today . . . Myreon Jones was out with an illness. And winning on the road in the BiG ain't easy . . . .

If you're just trolling, nice work . . . I took the bait. ;)

I've always liked Chambers. He has an excuse today . . . Myreon Jones was out with an illness. And winning on the road in the BiG ain't easy . . . .

If you're just trolling, nice work . . . I took the bait. ;)

Oh, yeah. The troll line was way out. Chambers has done a fine job at Penn State. Tough work at such a football-oriented place. Much like Allen at IU, in the opposite direction.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Oh, yeah. The troll line was way out. Chambers has done a fine job at Penn State. Tough work at such a football-oriented place. Much like Allen at IU, in the opposite direction.
I should just assume you're trolling, based on your work over on the WC . . . . ;)

We all knew a Penn State run was coming but 24- 2 run that was crazy. Archie has to make more adjustments so this won't happen in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT