ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches poll has IU at

Before Sunday, IU had the longest active streak of Power-5 schools to not be ranked in the poll. Purdue, last ranked in 2007, now holds that title.
It used to be that they only ranked the top 20. They switched to top 25 in 1989. I checked to see if the last time we were ranked was in the top 20, but it wasn’t. ;)

Reactions: vesuvius13
If we are indeed the 24-25th best team in the country then we need to back that up by playing that way the rest of the season...solid play, dont beat yourself...play clean...give it your all...

Nothing to it...vbg

Congrat team...not a big follower or believer in polls, but it is G-R-E-A-T! for the program...

If we are indeed the 24-25th best team in the country then we need to back that up by playing that way the rest of the season...solid play, dont beat yourself...play clean...give it your all...

Nothing to it...vbg

Congrat team...not a big follower or believer in polls, but it is G-R-E-A-T! for the program...
I am putting you on ignore. Even your compliments are loaded with digs.

Best season in decades and you still...whatever.

TomT

The seven teams Indiana has beaten have a combined record of 17-49. None of the teams have a winning record. Indiana lost to OSU 9-0 and MSU 4-5. I'm glad we're ranked in the top 25, but at the same time, I do not believe the program has been turned around by CTA. When we start beating teams with winning records, I will get excited. Lets beat PSU or Michigan (or both).
Go away.

Really liked this post of yours earlier this year.
I had no idea that Nebraska, Northwestern and Maryland would be as bad as they are.... and they are bad. We have not beaten a team with a winning record this season and one of our two loses is to a team with a losing record. We've managed to win four games in the BTN by beating the two worst teams in each of the conference divisions.

I had no idea that Nebraska, Northwestern and Maryland would be as bad as they are.... and they are bad. We have not beaten a team with a winning record this season and one of our two loses is to a team with a losing record. We've managed to win four games in the BTN by beating the two worst teams in each of the conference divisions.

Go back to GBI!

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
You beat who is on your schedule. Something we haven’t done for 25 years. Remember losses to SIU and UConn?

Go away.

SP+ uses advanced analytics and data, and is an opponent-adjusted measure of efficiency. IU is 19th nationally in this week's SP+ rankings. (Purdue, by the way, is 59th).

Those who vote in the Associated Press poll are sportswriters and broadcasters. We're 24th in this week's AP poll.

The voters in the Coaches Poll are head coaches at Division 1 FBS schools. The coaches have us 25th this week.

Your argument in an earlier post that IU's record this season doesn't reflect a turnaround is absurd. The metrics, the writers, and the coaches all recognize that IU is a very good team. Your bias and/or lack of understanding prevents you from doing so.

You beat who is on your schedule. Something we haven’t done for 25 years. Remember losses to SIU and UConn?

Go away.
I agree, you beat who is on your schedule. Our schedule has been favorable and we have won the have games we should have won. This is certainly to CTA's credit. Now we need to beat a team we are not supposed to beat. Penn State? Michigan?

Isn’t it nice how moving up in the conference changes your perception? Everyone thinks we should be 7-2 because the teams we played have poor records. Well, not too long ago IU was mired in the bottom of the big ten and playing the role of this years Rutgers and Maryland teams. Even with this year’s schedule, IU of not too long ago would be struggling at 4-5.

We’ve turned the corner and it’s a wonderful thing. It’ll be a lot more enjoyable if people stop moving the goal posts and take this year for what it’s worth. Stop and smell the roses ;)

(Now we just have to win out and get to the rose bowl)

SP+ uses advanced analytics and data, and is an opponent-adjusted measure of efficiency. IU is 19th nationally in this week's SP+ rankings. (Purdue, by the way, is 59th).

Those who vote in the Associated Press poll are sportswriters and broadcasters. We're 24th in this week's AP poll.

The voters in the Coaches Poll are head coaches at Division 1 FBS schools. The coaches have us 25th this week.

Your argument in an earlier post that IU's record this season doesn't reflect a turnaround is absurd. The metrics, the writers, and the coaches all recognize that IU is a very good team. Your bias and/or lack of understanding prevents you from doing so.
You are correct to this extent, IU has historically been one of the worst football programs in Division I football. I know, I have followed the program for nearly 50 years. This year's team's performance, at this point in the season, is better than many (in fact, most) of the preceding IU football teams and certainly an improvement over the last two seasons. The season is not over yet. IU's performance against Penn state (8-1) and Michigan (7-2) will determine whether a corner has been turned. Both are "good" to "very good" football teams based upon their records. Let's look at those rankings in two weeks. Hopefully, IU will beat one or both any still be ranked.

Reactions: midwolfe
Nebraska has a losing record because IU beat them.

You are correct to this extent, IU has historically been one of the worst football programs in Division I football. I know, I have followed the program for nearly 50 years. This year's team's performance, at this point in the season, is better than many (in fact, most) of the preceding IU football teams and certainly an improvement over the last two seasons. The season is not over yet. IU's performance against Penn state (8-1) and Michigan (7-2) will determine whether a corner has been turned. Both are "good" to "very good" football teams based upon their records. Let's look at those rankings in two weeks. Hopefully, IU will beat one or both any still be ranked.
It’s shocking to me that someone who claims to be a fan as long as you have can’t enjoy one of the best seasons in program history because we “only” beaten all the teams we should have beaten. You aren’t going to live forever, man. Drop the chest pounding about “expectations” or “standards” or whatever and just have fun with it.

Can't argue with facts. But looking at the glass as half full, seven of our opponents losses were to the improving Indiana Hoosiers.

CTA: If you don't believe then I don't want you around us.

Go somewhere else and 'keep it real'.

CTA: If you don't believe then I don't want you around us.

Go somewhere else and 'keep it real'.
I really don't care want you think. But, I support your right to think it.
It’s shocking to me that someone who claims to be a fan as long as you have can’t enjoy one of the best seasons in program history because we “only” beaten all the teams we should have beaten. You aren’t going to live forever, man. Drop the chest pounding about “expectations” or “standards” or whatever and just have fun with it.
You make a very good point. I'm just frustrated that we can't seem to beat any of the "Big Dogs". I want IU to be able to have a good shot at beating Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State and, especially, Wisconsin on a consistent basis. That said, this year, for the first time in long time, we are beating the all the teams that we should.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT