ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches poll has IU at

Then I guess you could say the have a losing record because Purdue and four other teams beat them.
Then I guess you could say that if IU sucked then Nebraska would have a winning record. You see, good teams beat bad teams which gives them a losing record. There is this whole win loss thing in sports that you are having trouble comprehending.

Here's what I know about wins and losses, the 4 B1G wins we have are against teams with a combined B1G record of 3 wins vs 23 losses. One loss was against a team with a loosing record in conference and everyone knows about the embarrassing loss to OSU.
Excuse me for not jumping on the bandwagon but I'll wait until we actually beat someone that is good or at least average.
Admittedly we're winning games that in most years we lose and we're having a great season. So we're building a great season, I'm just not convinced we're building a solid program. Time will tell.

Reactions: BayernFan
Here's what I know about wins and losses, the 4 B1G wins we have are against teams with a combined B1G record of 3 wins vs 23 losses. One loss was against a team with a loosing record in conference and everyone knows about the embarrassing loss to OSU.
Excuse me for not jumping on the bandwagon but I'll wait until we actually beat someone that is good or at least average.
Admittedly we're winning games that in most years we lose and we're having a great season. So we're building a great season, I'm just not convinced we're building a solid program. Time will tell.

Ignore the youth of this team and the number of key players coming back next year with almost all our defense back and think a program is still in doubt. Now beating PSU and Michigan would help you and others see what many of us see now.

We have not beaten a team with a winning record this season

Nebraska had a winning record when we played them, period. It was AT Nebraska in front of 90k, it was after they had two weeks to prepare and they made it a HUGE game by breaking out the black jerseys. It was a game that they KNEW they needed to win.

I graduated in 77 and I am not sure that ANY IU team from that time period would have won under those conditions. Maybe one or two teams but that is it in FORTY TWO years. If some say that isn't turning the corner then I don't know what is. Sure the struggle continues, every play, every game, every year, IU football has to prove itself. You can't turn a battleship on a dime but I do know that I feel more hope for IU football than any time in my life!!

Then I guess you could say that if IU sucked then Nebraska would have a winning record. You see, good teams beat bad teams which gives them a losing record. There is this whole win loss thing in sports that you are having trouble comprehending.
What you fail to comprehend is that Purdue actually did defeat Nebraska as did IU several others. Your argument, on the other hand, equates to: “If your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle”. teams have losing records because they can’t beat other teams, good, Mediocre, or bad.

What you fail to comprehend is that Purdue actually did defeat Nebraska as did IU several others. Your argument, on the other hand, equates to: “If your aunt had balls she’d be your uncle”. teams have losing records because they can’t beat other teams, good, Mediocre, or bad.

And what you fail to comprehend is that the situation is entirely different.

Obviously one game was at home (PU) and the other was at Nebraska (IU) but beyond that when IU played Neb they had a winning record at that point, BADLY needed a win in the IU game for closing in on bowl eligibility and had a week to prepare.

Don't jinx the Hoosiers with too much top 25 talk. Remember what happened the last time.;)

There are teams currently in the top-25 that don’t play opponents nearly the caliber of Big Ten opponents.
SMU? The AAC is nothing like the Big Ten and they have 3 teams ranked.

Nebraska would probably beat most of that conference.

Only IU fans would piss and moan about their best season in 25 years. I don’t even know why you follow sports if that’s your attitude.

I do have an Aunt Pam and an Uncle Bonnie from my ex-wife’s side of the family. Never checked to see if Uncle Bonnie has balls, but I don’t think so. See how confusing this can be for some people?
Just enjoy that IU is on the good side for once!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Only IU fans would piss and moan about their best season in 25 years. I don’t even know why you follow sports if that’s your attitude.
Coming from a shill for IU athletics, your opinion means nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT