ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Woodson has really made us competitive with the new roster additions. What about the 2 spot?

at volume it is ..
Especially when you consider that he was his teams' main weapon and had to take a lot of shots late on the clock. Anyone who has played basketball and has eyes can see that Leal has a nice stroke. It's also reasonable to assume that with reps and coaching, Leal would become an even better shooter.

Leal -. He injured his foot at some point and was in a boot for weeks right. He did get that start early in Woody's tenure.

TG - I think he wore down as the season progressed. His minutes in meaningful games sky rocketed from Soph to Jr. seasons.

For a guy that was limited last off-season due to that groin surgery, I believe his productivity last season was impressive. I think he is primed for another jump to shore up that consistency others mentioned.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
You are making a lot of assumptions. I refuse to do the same. I am seeking more facts related to Anthony Leal. I find it hard to believe that he cannot have at least a somewhat meaningful role, but I am content to wait for more clarifying info until I come to any sort of conclusion.
The clarifying info you refer to is that yes, he's not playing because other guys are better. And there's nothing wrong with that. He appears to be a great and supportive teammate. He didn't put his name in the portal, meaning he likes his circumstance and his current "role" doesn't seem to bother him. Why does bother you? Just curious. If he's playing a part in making other guys better by practicing hard and pushing them, that's a real positive.

The clarifying info you refer to is that yes, he's not playing because other guys are better. And there's nothing wrong with that. He appears to be a great and supportive teammate. He didn't put his name in the portal, meaning he likes his circumstance and his current "role" doesn't seem to bother him. Why does bother you? Just curious. If he's playing a part in making other guys better by practicing hard and pushing them, that's a real positive.
You are trying to attribute a perspective to me that I did not express. Nowhere did I say that I was unhappy with the positive things Leal obviously brings to the table. Anthony Leal is clearly a great locker room guy and teammate.

The clarification I'd like to receive is information from the coaching staff on why Anthony Leal has not played more. I don't follow this as close as some, but I do not remember reading anything regarding how the staff feels about Leal as a player, and I have come across no pertinent message board discussions on the topic. I am simply curious as to the reason/reasons why Leal cannot get off the bench, especially on a team bereft of shooters. I've watched a lot of Anthony Leal in high school and AAU and I believe he can develop into a very good shooter. He has good size and decent athleticism too. Again, I'm not expecting that Leal will come in and be "The Guy" at the two, but I'm simply wondering if he can contribute.

In my business career, I must be very careful to not jump to conclusions. I must investigate each situation from multiple perspectives before I can get to root causes and develop subsequent solutions. In my opinion, making the assumption that, "the only reason Anthony Leal hasn't played is that the other players are better" is irresponsible. Might it be true? Of course. There may also be other reasons as to why, but there is a dearth of actual information on the subject. I'm not willing to simply accept the word of anonymous message board posters with no more information than have I.

I find it very interesting that we haven't, to my knowledge, heard anything from the staff regarding Anthony Leal. I think it is very weird that some people are so anxious to declare young Mr. Leal a kid with no potential to contribute. I'll wait and see what transpires.

I love how hard Galloway plays and it will be interesting to see if he has improved his jumper even more. CJ Gunn is a wildcard at the 2. Has everyone given up on Leal contributing at the 2 spot? Do we have any 2 targets left? Not sure Jakai Newton is the type of 2 this team lacks.
Galloway is going to play a lot and end up our 3rd leading scorer.

Galloway is going to play a lot and end up our 3rd leading scorer.
I love Galloway. If he can continue to improve his jumper, I think he can be a major contributor. I also suspect he will have more of a chance to shine this year with a bit of a different offense. My hope is we see more motion, screens, etc.

Especially when you consider that he was his teams' main weapon and had to take a lot of shots late on the clock. Anyone who has played basketball and has eyes can see that Leal has a nice stroke. It's also reasonable to assume that with reps and coaching, Leal would become an even better shooter.
😂🤣🥴

You are trying to attribute a perspective to me that I did not express. Nowhere did I say that I was unhappy with the positive things Leal obviously brings to the table. Anthony Leal is clearly a great locker room guy and teammate.

The clarification I'd like to receive is information from the coaching staff on why Anthony Leal has not played more. I don't follow this as close as some, but I do not remember reading anything regarding how the staff feels about Leal as a player, and I have come across no pertinent message board discussions on the topic. I am simply curious as to the reason/reasons why Leal cannot get off the bench, especially on a team bereft of shooters. I've watched a lot of Anthony Leal in high school and AAU and I believe he can develop into a very good shooter. He has good size and decent athleticism too. Again, I'm not expecting that Leal will come in and be "The Guy" at the two, but I'm simply wondering if he can contribute.

In my business career, I must be very careful to not jump to conclusions. I must investigate each situation from multiple perspectives before I can get to root causes and develop subsequent solutions. In my opinion, making the assumption that, "the only reason Anthony Leal hasn't played is that the other players are better" is irresponsible. Might it be true? Of course. There may also be other reasons as to why, but there is a dearth of actual information on the subject. I'm not willing to simply accept the word of anonymous message board posters with no more information than have I.

I find it very interesting that we haven't, to my knowledge, heard anything from the staff regarding Anthony Leal. I think it is very weird that some people are so anxious to declare young Mr. Leal a kid with no potential to contribute. I'll wait and see what transpires.
Actions speak louder than words. The fact he almost never plays is all you need to know or hear.

Unless he improves like no other, his roster spot is probably more set than anyone on the team. His role is to be the 13th man, work hard in practice, and cheer on his team. And if he's lucky get 4-5 minutes of time in early season blowouts.

I'm not disrespecting the kid. He plays at Indiana on scholarship so it's not like he's bad. Somebody has to be the 13th man.

Actions speak louder than words. The fact he almost never plays is all you need to know or hear.

Unless he improves like no other, his roster spot is probably more set than anyone on the team. His role is to be the 13th man, work hard in practice, and cheer on his team. And if he's lucky get 4-5 minutes of time in early season blowouts.

I'm not disrespecting the kid. He plays at Indiana on scholarship so it's not like he's bad. Somebody has to be the 13th man.
You, sir, are a linear thinker. That is not an insult, but simply an observation. Ask yourself, "What would Socrates say?" ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BCCHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT