ADVERTISEMENT

Coach is on fire

ha Ok, so what on earth happened on campus this weekend while these kids were in town? My goodness. I know we've had rolls of commits in the past but nothing quite to this degree. Congrats to the coaching staff! Well done.

Playing time and now they can see the end result of the facilities we've been talking about for a couple years. Exposure is everywhere these days...but our facilities have to be a huge factor here. Don't recall a run like this for IU football ever.

Reactions: iulb and Sassy61
Last commit, “The” Gary Cooper has offers it said from UM & Florida.

Do people think in Florida it’s starting to be “cool” to come to IU? There must be 30 FL kids counting the new recruits.

Great steady mix building. Trust the process!

Reactions: iulb and Sassy61
Last commit, “The” Gary Cooper has offers it said from UM & Florida.

Do people think in Florida it’s starting to be “cool” to come to IU? There must be 30 FL kids counting the new recruits.

Great steady mix building. Trust the process!

One of the kids made mention of Bloomington and IU staff people being real honest and it was a nice relaxing place. Canes have lost several recruits over the years for kids who just want out of the violence of Miami. Whatever the reason. Glad Allen's days at USF are paying off still.

It's been hot in Bloomington. The young women dress to match the temperature...;)

That and I think they got a close look at the facilities and the new S&C staff and realized that those guys might actually give them a legitimate shot at "the League"...?

Playing time and now they can see the end result of the facilities we've been talking about for a couple years. Exposure is everywhere these days...but our facilities have to be a huge factor here. Don't recall a run like this for IU football ever.
Doubt it is so much the lure of facilities as it is
the chance to be considered for the NFL,
playing time matters.

Last edited:
Doubt it is so much the lure of facilities as it is
the chance to be considered for the NFL,
playing time matters.

Facilities matter. Probably more than most want to admit. Just my 2 cents but for our peer group (those we recruit against) it's a big deal. Facilities, academic support center, technology....all matter plenty.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
Emery Simmons looks like he is going to decommit so the momentum has been stalled a bit.
-knock-it-off-with-them-negative-waves.jpg

I'm not on the other board but I honestly haven't noticed any negativity from you here. Looking back at your recent posts, I saw nothing negative really. I could be wrong but? Just my opinion.

They are sensitive on Peegs. This board is more relaxed.

Facilities matter. Probably more than most want to admit. Just my 2 cents but for our peer group (those we recruit against) it's a big deal. Facilities, academic support center, technology....all matter plenty.
How do you explain Northwestern prior
to their new glass house?

I would just like to chime in and say I just hadn't expected coach to have this recruiting success so quick in his tenure. It seems like we have not missed a beat since Wilson left and I have not had this much anticipation for the new season and the next few years of IU football my entire life. It seems we have a quality staff, quality program building, and facilities to attract this new brand of IU football.

Last edited:
How do you explain Northwestern prior
to their new glass house?

Explain what?

Fitz was routinely 10, 11, or 13 in recruiting rankings in the Big 10...mostly mid 50's nationally. Not sure what the question was. If it was recruiting. Rankings wise Northwestern sucks. Dead last or close to it since 2007 and poof....#5 in the conference this past year? Pat didn't change, school didn't....the glass house is finally open.

Again...facilities matter.

Reactions: IUgradman
I also think it's pretty interesting that we have recruits from Florida, Ohio, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Missouri, and of course Indiana. Not sure how that stacks up to past recruiting classes but it seems like kids are being sold to come here from all over.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT