ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon Kanon

Yeah...that's unlikely in today's world. Again, I don't know the difference in the earning potential for a year with OTE, versus what Catchings will command for a year in college?

A couple years ago, it was attractive enough to pull some top level kids. Seems like that's changed in the last 12-18 months.
I think OTE aged HS kids are in the $50-100k range, someone of Catchings caliber couldn't potentially earn more as a college eligible player for staying. He'd have those opportunities though at almost any other university.

Lose top recruit....run to IU
I believe in the quote, “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” I visit this board sheerly for entertainment purposes. I didn’t post this to troll any of the members here only to inform them of their rivals. I remember several years ago on this same board discussions that Kaufman Renn would never chose Purdue over IU since he was from IU country. Now Purdue as you correctly stated has lost its top recruit which happens to be their next potential starting 4. So now Purdue could offer Sisley a lot of minutes at the said 4 spot. I am not saying or predicting that Sisley will be at Purdue but if IU has another disappointing season then I would assume this board and many IU fans will be wanting Woodson out. This would create a lot of instability for the IU program and allow Purdue, which is not a blue blood but is considered the most stable program in the state to be very appealing to a couple of 2025 in state recruits. Courtsense this is a free board and the last time I checked this is America when deferring thoughts are legal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I believe in the quote, “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” I visit this board sheerly for entertainment purposes. I didn’t post this to troll any of the members here only to inform them of their rivals. I remember several years ago on this same board discussions that Kaufman Renn would never chose Purdue over IU since he was from IU country. Now Purdue as you correctly stated has lost its top recruit which happens to be their next potential starting 4. So now Purdue could offer Sisley a lot of minutes at the said 4 spot. I am not saying or predicting that Sisley will be at Purdue but if IU has another disappointing season then I would assume this board and many IU fans will be wanting Woodson out. This would create a lot of instability for the IU program and allow Purdue, which is not a blue blood but is considered the most stable program in the state to be very appealing to a couple of 2025 in state recruits. Courtsense this is a free board and the last time I checked this is American when deferring thoughts are legal.
There's this thing called paragraphs ..... use them.

Golf clap for Painter? That what you're after? These next few years for Purdue aren't going to go well if Painter isn't trying to figure out how to land, and/or keep, players of Catchings caliber.
Possibly but he also isn’t going to let someone come in and make demands. It’s a fine line.
Maybe why we have more talent but they win more games?! Just guessing

So you are saying it's strictly money.
Jim Carrey Yes GIF

Possibly but also don't think he ever truly wanted to play for Purdue. Had a lot of pressure to attend Purdue from mom who is a Boiler grad and already tried de-committing once while still a child under parental control.
Mom's an Illinois grad, not PU.

Reactions: Mister G
Possibly but he also isn’t going to let someone come in and make demands. It’s a fine line.
Maybe why we have more talent but they win more games?! Just guessing
Edey is the reason for that. Before Edey, its basically identical results since RMK.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Be careful what you wish for. This decommit will open another scholarship for Purdue in 2025. So they will have room for Sisley and Mullins if those 2 decide to join forces for the dark side.
No it does not, they are at 13 now (were oversigned) and Furst will be the only one in his least year of eligibility

Woah. Any idea on the reason? Looks like he got to campus before this happened. I can guess but idk.
He got to campus and likely played some scrimmages and wanted playing time guarantees. Painter said no, that’s not how I operate. NIL wasn’t the issue.

I had him as the backup 4 coming into the year. I think it hurts more for 25-26 personally. But time to fill that.

He got to campus and likely played some scrimmages and wanted playing time guarantees. Painter said no, that’s not how I operate. NIL wasn’t the issue.

I had him as the backup 4 coming into the year. I think it hurts more for 25-26 personally. But time to fill that.
What a ridiculous take. Well, as long as you believe that to be true.

NIL + Xfer Portal = Death of college sports as we’ve known them

It’s like the NBA with nothing but 1 year contracts.

(yes, I know this isn’t technically a transfer…but it’s along those lines)

Reactions: RRgo and Bill4411
I’d get a real chuckle if Catchings goes to UConn. That would add insult to injury in Boiler land.

GBI corrected their story — he didn’t make it to campus.

No, I'd rather ridicule you for your laziness and/or lack of communication skills.

No, I'd rather ridicule you for your laziness and/or lack of communication skills.
It was laziness as I don’t give a shit about your grammar lesson. As far a communication skills, you know exactly what I said is factually correct. You just got your butt hurt cause you didn’t like what I wrote. You can’t debate the validity of my statement so you attack the structure.

It was laziness as I don’t give a shit about your grammar lesson. As far a communication skills, you know exactly what I said is factually correct. You just got your butt hurt cause you didn’t like what I wrote. You can’t debate the validity of my statement so you attack the structure.
Your initial statement wasn’t factually correct though. Caleb Furst is the only player who exhausts his eligibility after this season, still leaving Purdue with one open scholarship for the 25-26 season, not two as you previously claimed.

No it does not, they are at 13 now (were oversigned) and Furst will be the only one in his least year of

No it does not, they are at 13 now (were oversigned) and Furst will be the only one in his least year of eligibility
They were at 14, so one scholarship athlete gave up their scholarship. So now back to 13. Kanon’s departure takes this year down to 12. Next year Caleb Furst graduates, so they are down to 11 scholarship athletes. Therefore they have 2 spots. May be a moot point as the new NCAA settlement moves the number of scholarships to 15 per team in 2025 if the settlement is ratified.

Some smoke he never goes to college and stays at OTE.
You know to your point, I bet OTE has offered to triple his h.s. contract to 300k and that's probably twice what Purdue had on the table and he wanted Purdue to match it. Just a guess but it makes sense don't it? I hope he gets well versed in the Matt and Ryan Bewley story before he takes the OTE offer, assuming there is one. I'd wager iu would be able to come up with 400-500k in this instance assuming he would accept the 2 yr Tucker plan.

Catchings/Tucker as sophomores as a 4/3 tandem would be pretty complimentary. Mom went to Illinois didn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: Zero Credibility
They were at 14, so one scholarship athlete gave up their scholarship. So now back to 13. Kanon’s departure takes this year down to 12. Next year Caleb Furst graduates, so they are down to 11 scholarship athletes. Therefore they have 2 spots. May be a moot point as the new NCAA settlement moves the number of scholarships to 15 per team in 2025 if the settlement is ratified.
This is incorrect.

You were oversigned by 1. Catchings de-committing brings you to your allotted 13 this year. Caleb Furst is the only player who loses his eligibility after this season meaning 1 available scholarship for 25-26.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zero Credibility
I believe in the quote, “Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” I visit this board sheerly for entertainment purposes. I didn’t post this to troll any of the members here only to inform them of their rivals. I remember several years ago on this same board discussions that Kaufman Renn would never chose Purdue over IU since he was from IU country. Now Purdue as you correctly stated has lost its top recruit which happens to be their next potential starting 4. So now Purdue could offer Sisley a lot of minutes at the said 4 spot. I am not saying or predicting that Sisley will be at Purdue but if IU has another disappointing season then I would assume this board and many IU fans will be wanting Woodson out. This would create a lot of instability for the IU program and allow Purdue, which is not a blue blood but is considered the most stable program in the state to be very appealing to a couple of 2025 in state recruits. Courtsense this is a free board and the last time I checked this is America when deferring thoughts are legal.
You edited this crap and it still looks like this?

I went crosseyed trying to read the butched english and after giving up my only observation is ...the troll doth protest too much methinks.

Lose top recruit...run to IU board.

Reactions: jet812
You know to your point, I bet OTE has offered to triple his h.s. contract to 300k and that's probably twice what Purdue had on the table and he wanted Purdue to match it. Just a guess but it makes sense don't it? I hope he gets well versed in the Matt and Ryan Bewley story before he takes the OTE offer, assuming there is one. I'd wager iu would be able to come up with 400-500k in this instance assuming he would accept the 2 yr Tucker plan.

Catchings/Tucker as sophomores as a 4/3 tandem would be pretty complimentary. Mom went to Illinois didn't she?

Two year Tucker Plan?

Lose top recruit...run to IU board.
Yes. That’s it. You caught me. Your stupid little narrative. lol kind of funny. Top recruit off of inaccurate rankings alone yes.

If only that was the reason I came here. I stop in to see what’s going on with your football and basketball team. Can’t help it I saw a thread about a former Purdue commit that isn’t going to iu either, so not sure why it’s being discussed on an iu board.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
From TOS, sounds like there is zero chance we get involved. In fact sounds like we will stay far far away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT