ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon Kanon

Woah. Any idea on the reason? Looks like he got to campus before this happened. I can guess but idk.

And so it begins...continues...whatever...they aren't long for being nationally relevant in today's climate. Unless this Jacobsen kid is another Edey, and for some odd reason decides to stay in school for 4 years, and the refs make him superhuman. Outside that, they're back to being a nice regional program again.

Just perusing some old threads, there was talk in April '23 that he wanted to reopen. Our friends from GBI didn't think it was likely, if even possible.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Be careful what you wish for. This decommit will open another scholarship for Purdue in 2025. So they will have room for Sisley and Mullins if those 2 decide to join forces for the dark side.
Who wished for this? They were over by one scholly and were going to trim one somewhere.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Be careful what you wish for. This decommit will open another scholarship for Purdue in 2025. So they will have room for Sisley and Mullins if those 2 decide to join forces for the dark side.
One of the former pastors of my current church lives near Heritage Hills H.S. and I told him that if Sisley goes to IU I will be emailing him about my excitement. Indiana Sports Beat with Jim Coyle had an interview with Sisley. He was a well spoken kid and I liked him.

HIGHLY unlikely Mullins picks Purdue over teams like IU, North Carolina, Virginia, and then whoever else comes after July evaluations.

So you are saying it's strictly money.
Nope...

They rarely compete with, and even more rarely land, guys that will have the offer list that Mullins will end up having.

Heck they just lost a guy they had already landed, twice, either after he already got to campus, or just before he was to report to campus. That will end up being for money...and prestige...and, and, and...

Seems like he got to campus. Whatever, doesn’t matter.
I think him taking the step to arrive on campus, THEN making the decision, is a detail that "matters"... It brings in to play all sorts of possibilities about not actually liking the coaches, teammates, facilities...and also maybe not being impressed with the caliber of his teammates.

If it was just NIL money, he already knew where he stood before he made the trip to campus, I would think.

Next Frankenstein up.
They've already got a couple of those on the roster. One of them is looking decent at the U18 Worlds... But even if he's another Chet Holmgren, they'll never have someone like Edey again, that has the impact he had on everything they do, and everything around him, like Edey did. And if anyone approaches it, they won't stay in Laffy nearly as long as Edey did. NBA, or better programs will pull them away from the stench before Painter and college officials can fully maximize them like they did with Edey.

Some smoke he never goes to college and stays at OTE.
I admit to being ignorant on what kind of money he can get from OTE...but my perception is that route has dried up for top level kids the last couple years because NIL opportunities have risen so sharply.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I admit to being ignorant on what kind of money he can get from OTE...but my perception is that route has dried up for top level kids the last couple years because NIL opportunities have risen so sharply.
May just not want to go to college? Who knows about 18 year olds.

May just not want to go to college? Who knows about 18 year olds.
Yeah...that's unlikely in today's world. Again, I don't know the difference in the earning potential for a year with OTE, versus what Catchings will command for a year in college?

A couple years ago, it was attractive enough to pull some top level kids. Seems like that's changed in the last 12-18 months.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT