ADVERTISEMENT

**ck This!

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
I am sick of it. We may wind up winning this game, but I am so over us not playing to our capability and allowing a team like Nebraska hang with us.

Edit: We make teams like Nebraska look like a national champion. We have no offense and they are getting very easy baskets on other end. This could easily wind up being a double digit loss for IU tonight. Huskers may wind up with 90 before it’s over.

Last edited:
We have no toughness: very weak team. We really just don't know what to do with ourselves when we get a lead. We just go to sleep and keep the door open. Nebraska is flat out playing harder and kicking our butt. If we lose, Archie can stay in Lincoln.

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
We have no toughness: very weak team. We really just don't know what to do with ourselves when we get a lead. We just go to sleep and keep the door open. Nebraska is flat out playing harder and kicking our butt. If we lose, Archie can stay in Lincoln.
Archie isnt on the floor last I checked...

Reactions: bigmac76
Nebraska is ranked ~115th in the net rankings. A road game between 76-135 is considered a Q2 game, and a Q2 win is something the committee considers as a quality one. Take that haters

Reactions: aajohn2000
I can't yell about the kick or I would have to yell at one of my favorite Pacers Reggie Miller. My feeling is his hard foul behind Al was the worst. When he fouled TJD he was trying to strip the ball as he was falling down. I can understand that.

He purposefully tried to bring him down. And then he chose to try and stand up over him. Punk moves and could have easily been teed up.

It’s all good. With Brunk and Franklin out we have 9 scholarship players. 4 are freshman. They are gonna play like this every game. It’s fun but maddening This is Archie’s roster now. I think he has done well.
Good points and losing an 18 point lead to a team who hasn’t won a league game in 20 tries prior to tonight is maddening for sure. That’s one word for it. It was anyone’s game at under four timeout and happy to see us make the plays to win it. Deep exhale.

Saw that. I was like, “Well that is very interesting”. Sam isn’t one to stir up the pot and from my experience, I can’t recall anything he has said that wasn’t solid info.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketo
I am sick of it. We may wind up winning this game, but I am so over is not playing to our capability and allowing team like Nebraska hang with us.

Edit: We make teams like Nebraska look like a national champion. We have no offense and they are getting very easy baskets on other end. This could easily wind up being a double digit loss for IU tonight. Huskers may wind up with 90 before it’s over.
lmao ............

I am sick of it. We may wind up winning this game, but I am so over is not playing to our capability and allowing team like Nebraska hang with us.

lol...what did you expect? Every team Archie has had at IU has been inconsistent. Play a couple of good games and then lay an egg or two. Rinse and repeat. You might want to take a break because it’s not going to change while he is the head coach.

lol...what did you expect? Every team Archie has had at IU has been inconsistent. Play a couple of good games and then lay an egg or two. Rinse and repeat. You might want to take a break because it’s not going to change while he is the head coach.
I wish I could take a break. I have an addiction to IU basketball. Has been this way since I was in grade school. It’s far more enjoyable for me to watch a recorded game when I know we are going to win. I have issues! LOL.

I wish I could take a break. I have an addiction to IU basketball. Has been this way since I was in grade school. It’s far more enjoyable for me to watch a recorded game when I know we are going to win. I have issues! LOL.
Know that feeling. I sometimes watch the first 5 minutes of an IU football game and then go do yard work or whatever til halftime. At which point I re evaluate whether I watch or not. It’s a struggle and a process

Know that feeling. I sometimes watch the first 5 minutes of an IU football game and then go do yard work or whatever til halftime. At which point I re evaluate whether I watch or not. It’s a struggle and a process
This is how IU basketball has become for me. I'm just not willing to invest the time and energy when I see a sub-par product and effort that produces it. I keep up with the game scores, and I will make an effort to catch big games still, but most games I keep tabs on, or wait until I know if we won to decide if I'm going to watch. I feel like a shittier fan, but I just can't get worked up about it when I don't feel the team is.

This is how IU basketball has become for me. I'm just not willing to invest the time and energy when I see a sub-par product and effort that produces it. I keep up with the game scores, and I will make an effort to catch big games still, but most games I keep tabs on, or wait until I know if we won to decide if I'm going to watch. I feel like a shittier fan, but I just can't get worked up about it when I don't feel the team is.

A lot of people get on me why I always want to bet...... Well when IU has sucked donkey balls for the last 2 decades it would be beyond a problem if I invested this much time into a complete loser. Soooooo. If I start betting on everything I am forced to watch and spend a lot of time and effort on stats etc.

Start betting will make you a much bigger fan, only problem is you are gonna hate our program a lot more.

A lot of people get on me why I always want to bet...... Well when IU has sucked donkey balls for the last 2 decades it would be beyond a problem if I invested this much time into a complete loser. Soooooo. If I start betting on everything I am forced to watch and spend a lot of time and effort on stats etc.

Start betting will make you a much bigger fan, only problem is you are gonna hate our program a lot more.
I don't want to care more unless I see our team doing so. Honestly, that's what's killed my interest. I haven't liked our "team attitude" since Sampson or before. And it's not AAU necessarily or modern day players, because I see other teams scrapping and clawing and caring the way IU teams once did. I really think it's just recruiting. We've gotten a lot of nice kids, good students, etc... but for the most part, they just don't seem to be fired up about playing for IU. Losing to PU last year at home on BK's return sealed the deal for me. That made me sick to my stomach.

WVU, FSU, UVA, WI, Davidson, Wichita St, Gonzaga and sadly, even PU generally field teams that to me seem to play hard and want to win. I'm hating covid because Winthrop is undefeated and it's about 2 miles from my house and I'd love to go see them play. Of course I looked at their schedule though and I don't think they've played anybody. They generally get a couple good pre-con games, but not this year it appears.

Reactions: BigMobe
I don't want to care more unless I see our team doing so. Honestly, that's what's killed my interest. I haven't liked our "team attitude" since Sampson or before. And it's not AAU necessarily or modern day players, because I see other teams scrapping and clawing and caring the way IU teams once did. I really think it's just recruiting. We've gotten a lot of nice kids, good students, etc... but for the most part, they just don't seem to be fired up about playing for IU. WVU, FSU, UVA, WI, Davidson, Wichita St, Gonzaga and sadly, even PU generally field teams that to me seem to play hard and want to win. I'm hating covid because Winthrop is undefeated and it's about 2 miles from my house and I'd love to go see them play.

Oh I am 100% with you on the kids we get. It is what infuriates me the most. It is why I have such a weird fix on Romeo. I love effort, WVU style I could watch all day everyday.

Reactions: kkott
I don't want to care more unless I see our team doing so. Honestly, that's what's killed my interest. I haven't liked our "team attitude" since Sampson or before. And it's not AAU necessarily or modern day players, because I see other teams scrapping and clawing and caring the way IU teams once did. I really think it's just recruiting. We've gotten a lot of nice kids, good students, etc... but for the most part, they just don't seem to be fired up about playing for IU. Losing to PU last year at home on BK's return sealed the deal for me. That made me sick to my stomach.

WVU, FSU, UVA, WI, Davidson, Wichita St, Gonzaga and sadly, even PU generally field teams that to me seem to play hard and want to win. I'm hating covid because Winthrop is undefeated and it's about 2 miles from my house and I'd love to go see them play. Of course I looked at their schedule though and I don't think they've played anybody. They generally get a couple good pre-con games, but not this year it appears.
What are you talking about? You must have missed the dive that Race made giving up everything to get the ball that resulted in a basket. This may not bet the best IU team we’ve seen over the years but they seem to care and play hard. In fact that is probably the best part of this team and Archie’s tenure. His teams work hard. They actually defend.

What are you talking about? You must have missed the dive that Race made giving up everything to get the ball that resulted in a basket. This may not bet the best IU team we’ve seen over the years but they seem to care and play hard. In fact that is probably the best part of this team and Archie’s tenure. His teams work hard. They actually defend.
I'm not saying you never see effort or a good play. You're citing 1 particular play, and I see lots of good plays every game, but not guys who sustain it, or care enough to pull a teammate aside, and correct them, or to be particularly upset by a loss... to say PU... when RMK returned. I think TJD is fantastic, but like Cody, as blessed as he is with skill he's not a fiery personality. If you've watched the last 10 years of bball and have no idea what I'm talking about, I don't know what to say.

Reactions: BigMobe
Oh I am 100% with you on the kids we get. It is what infuriates me the most. It is why I have such a weird fix on Romeo. I love effort, WVU style I could watch all day everyday.
I agree on WVU, I find myself watching them a lot over the last several years. Gonzaga this year is fun to watch too. They stood toe to toe with WVU and gave better than they got.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I'm not saying you never see effort or a good play. You're citing 1 particular play, and I see lots of good plays every game, but not guys who sustain it, or care enough to pull a teammate aside, and correct them, or to be particularly upset by a loss... to say PU... when RMK returned. I think TJD is fantastic, but like Cody, as blessed as he is with skill he's not a fiery personality. If you've watched the last 10 years of bball and have no idea what I'm talking about, I don't know what to say.

Idk I think TJD in particular shows a lot of what you’re talking about. He didn’t last year- this year he has become a lot more vocal as a leader. This team plays hard. They lack some talent in the backcourt to be an elite team but I can’t blame their effort.

Reactions: MrBing
Idk I think TJD in particular shows a lot of what you’re talking about. He didn’t last year- this year he has become a lot more vocal as a leader. This team plays hard. They lack some talent in the backcourt to be an elite team but I can’t blame their effort.
I love TJD and he is not the problem for sure and I think shows he cares through his play, but I still don't see him as a fiery leader pulling people aside and demanding better play. For one thing, he'd never take 8 shots in a game if he was. It amazes me how often our best player by a long shot, doesn't take our most shots. I believe he did against WI, but last night Phin and Durham both took more shots, and Galloway took as many. That just should not happen. Look at Iowa and see how often Garza doesn't get the most shot attempts up. Rarely, and generally he's taking 15+ shots a game. It's going to happen occassionally but TJD should be taking the most shots almost every game, and it really shouldn't be close. I really don't think our guards (coaches?) even think about this but our best offensive player should be taking the most shots. Is that earth shattering strategy to anyone?

same here...25 yrs ago I would load every IU game into my schedule and work my life around the TV times. Now...if I can squeeze it in, great.. but even when I do, my heart isn't racing like it was back them. Apathy is a sad reality after 20+ yrs of wading in the pool of mediocracy.

I love TJD and he is not the problem for sure and I think shows he cares through his play, but I still don't see him as a fiery leader pulling people aside and demanding better play. For one thing, he'd never take 8 shots in a game if he was. It amazes me how often our best player by a long shot, doesn't take our most shots. I believe he did against WI, but last night Phin and Durham both took more shots, and Galloway took as many. That just should not happen. Look at Iowa and see how often Garza doesn't get the most shot attempts up. Rarely, and generally he's taking 15+ shots a game. It's going to happen occassionally but TJD should be taking the most shots almost every game, and it really shouldn't be close. I really don't think our guards (coaches?) even think about this but our best offensive player should be taking the most shots. Is that earth shattering strategy to anyone?
difference is that Garza is a threat out to 25 feet, while TJD is a threat out to 5 feet. Nebraska took away opps from TJD last night by packing around him, and TJD looked like he lost some interest as the game went on. Not the same player that we saw in the 2nd half of the Bucky game. It WAS good to see TJD stroking in from the FT line in the second half....probably sealed the deal for us.

Reactions: papawboog
difference is that Garza is a threat out to 25 feet, while TJD is a threat out to 5 feet. Nebraska took away opps from TJD last night by packing around him, and TJD looked like he lost some interest as the game went on. Not the same player that we saw in the 2nd half of the Bucky game. It WAS good to see TJD stroking in from the FT line in the second half....probably sealed the deal for us.
Yeah, 9-15 isn't good but I think he was just having a bit of an off game, which will happen. But, I've noticed that he seems more focused and determined when going to the line and seems to want to at the end of games.

That's another indicator to me of a team not fiery enough. There's just no good reason for this team to struggle from the line the way they do, and have for multiple seasons. From what I recall most of our starters shot better from the line in HS than they do now. I generally look at their 3pt and FT percentages and if a guy is under 70% I assume he's probably not going to be a good FT shooter but I think TJD, RP and AD were all above that in HS. That should only improve in college and never regress.

Reactions: Cavanagh
same here...25 yrs ago I would load every IU game into my schedule and work my life around the TV times. Now...if I can squeeze it in, great.. but even when I do, my heart isn't racing like it was back them. Apathy is a sad reality after 20+ yrs of wading in the pool of mediocracy.

back in the day I never missed a game, and that meant going out and finding the game somewhere that had it on satellite.

now every game is a click away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT