ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Collins

He had 5 straight seasons of finishing 10th or worse in the B1G before his latest back to back tourney appearances. Let's see how Northwestern plays with with Barnhizer leading the team instead of Boo Buie.

He is an example of what IU needs to adjust their focus to. A guy who can win without the best athletes on the court.

So many coaches today rely only on athleticism and talent. Just getting into the tournament with the level of talent you can draw to NW is one hell of an accomplishment.

I am not sure IU could lure him, but give me someone that has proven they can win without the top talent.

Probably because no one believes IU would hire him (Collins).

Certain coaches seem good fits. I would estimate that Drake's coach has to be popping up in Iowa discussions. I would think Brian Dutcher from SDSU or Collins might pop up in Michigan discussions. Michigan has those academic standards. But Collins really has carved his own path at NW. He has already been there longer than most would expect if he had ambitions for high winning records. Maybe it's just a good fit for him. Maybe it's NW or Duke in his mind.
But it does seem unlikely they will be any good in the next couple of years without Boo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT