ADVERTISEMENT

Chicken wings

Should have been ruled incomplete. Hand clearly going forward. Carolina had no challenges left.
It's not implied motion, you asshat. It's the fact that the ball was knocked out of his had before his arm was going forward. That was not an incomplete pass.

And, I'm not going to respond to MaxCoke directly, but Cam could have gone for the ball, but he would have had to move his feet back to drop down to get the ball. He had no time to do that.

And, last comment - Phil Simms is an asshole.

It's not implied motion, you asshat. It's the fact that the ball was knocked out of his had before his arm was going forward. That was not an incomplete pass.

And, I'm not going to respond to MaxCoke directly, but Cam could have gone for the ball, but he would have had to move his feet back to drop down to get the ball. He had no time to do that.

And, last comment - Phil Simms is an asshole.
Agree to disagree. Motion started before the ball was knocked out.

Doug ...Phish .. Goat ... MD . ... Thanks for putting up with me tonight

Last edited:
If that was an incomplete pass, then so was Manning's. Both occurred just as their arms were starting forward.
No.

Manning's was close, but clearly a fumble. Newton's was close, and...

Might not have been overturned. It was really close. Probably one of those calls that would stand on review, no matter how it was called. I thought it was incomplete.

No.

Manning's was close, but clearly a fumble. Newton's was close, and...

Might not have been overturned. It was really close. Probably one of those calls that would stand on review, no matter how it was called. I thought it was incomplete.
WTF are you looking at? The ball is in his hand, his arm is contacted by the defender, and then he tries to throw the ball. First things first, his arm is contacted, ipso facto, the fumble.

F'n lawyers.

WTF are you looking at? The ball is in his hand, his arm is contacted by the defender, and then he tries to throw the ball. First things first, his arm is contacted, ipso facto, the fumble.

F'n lawyers.
Listen here, dipshit. The fumble doesn't happen when the defender makes contact. It happens when the ball comes loose. If his arm is moving forward before the ball comes loose, it's not a fumble.

Jesus.

Listen here, dipshit. The fumble doesn't happen when the defender makes contact. It happens when the ball comes loose. If his arm is moving forward before the ball comes loose, it's not a fumble.

Jesus.
Yes, the fumble happens when the ball is jarred loose, which in this case happened before the arm moved forward. Hence, a fumble. Why is this so hard for you to fathom?

Perhaps if you viewed it in a still photo, where there is implied motion?

Yes, the fumble happens when the ball is jarred loose, which in this case happened before the arm moved forward. Hence, a fumble. Why is this so hard for you to fathom?

Perhaps if you viewed it in a still photo, where there is implied motion?
See, now you're changing your story. First, his arm was hit first. Now, the ball came loose first.

It wasn't a fumble. Carolina would have challenged if they had any left.

Yeah, his arm and the ball are CLEARLY moving forward before it is knocked out. That is an incomplete pass. Period.
Nope.

Photo. No implied motion. The ball is out, and his arm is still cocked. Fumble.

tumblr_o27pflATR21u4n7tco1_540.jpg

Nope.

Photo. No implied motion. The ball is out, and his arm is still cocked. Fumble.

tumblr_o27pflATR21u4n7tco1_540.jpg
First of all, in your photo, he still has the ball. He's just been contacted, but the ball is still in his grip. But, guess what? It doesn't matter! Here is a few frames before, when the ball is FURTHER BACK, before he has been contacted.
tumblr_o27pxhRyaq1qhm2hjo1_1280.jpg

His arm was clearly moving forward, if only by a little bit, when it was hit and the ball came lose.

Unless you want to start arguing the laws of physics and temporality.

First of all, in your photo, he still has the ball. He's just been contacted, but the ball is still in his grip. But, guess what? It doesn't matter! Here is a few frames before, when the ball is FURTHER BACK, before he has been contacted.
tumblr_o27pxhRyaq1qhm2hjo1_1280.jpg

His arm was clearly moving forward, if only by a little bit, when it was hit and the ball came lose.

Unless you want to start arguing the laws of physics and temporality.
No, in my photo, the ball has already been dislodged, and is on the way out. Note the change in the angle of the ball - it's about level in your photo, but in my mine, its angled down. Why? Because it was contacted by the defender, before Newton started throwing the ball.

Moving the arm up isn't moving the arm forward.

Please stop this nonsense. You're making my brain hurt.

No, in my photo, the ball has already been dislodged, and is on the way out. Note the change in the angle of the ball - it's about level in your photo, but in my mine, its angled down. Why? Because it was contacted by the defender, before Newton started throwing the ball.

Moving the arm up isn't moving the arm forward.

Please stop this nonsense. You're making my brain hurt.
Look at the damn photos. I posted a photo with both his arm and the ball further back, before contact. You showed a photo with both his arm and the ball further forward, at the moment of contact. That proves his arm was moving forward when it was contacted. It's undeniable. You're just being stubborn.

Look at the damn photos. I posted a photo with both his arm and the ball further back, before contact. You showed a photo with both his arm and the ball further forward, at the moment of contact. That proves his arm was moving forward when it was contacted. It's undeniable. You're just being stubborn.
No, not moving forward, moving up, to start the throwing motion. Not being stubborn, just damn certain I'm right.

A QB holds the ball generally about chin level, then drops the ball to start the throwing motion, when the ball then goes up.

Which is what happened here.

We need to meet at a wine bar to work this out.

No, not moving forward, moving up, to start the throwing motion. Not being stubborn, just damn certain I'm right.

A QB holds the ball generally about chin level, then drops the ball to start the throwing motion, when the ball then goes up.

Which is what happened here.

We need to meet at a wine bar to work this out.
Look at where it is in relation to the pylon. The camera didn't move. The ball clearly moved forward. Up, too. But also forward.

Stop this. Please stop this. You're clearly just trolling now, and I'm just drunk enough to care, and just sober enough to stay up for hours and fight with you.

Look at where it is in relation to the pylon. The camera didn't move. The ball clearly moved forward. Up, too. But also forward.

Stop this. Please stop this. You're clearly just trolling now, and I'm just drunk enough to care, and just sober enough to stay up for hours and fight with you.
It's go time! I'm just drunk enough to engage, but in a happy mood because I hit a square for $1,500. (Assuming excise doesn't take it before I can collect.)

The pylon is irrelevant. Why? Because the ball moves forward because the defender contacts it. The D lineman is hitting Newton from behind.

You are wrong. I'm okay that you can't see it; you're an effin lawyer.

Please enjoy this pic, and then do your modular duties. I may have already posted this, but I don't care, she be bee-yoo-tee-full.

tumblr_no26ce6IQB1qhm2hjo1_400.png

It's go time! I'm just drunk enough to engage, but in a happy mood because I hit a square for $1,500. (Assuming excise doesn't take it before I can collect.)

The pylon is irrelevant. Why? Because the ball moves forward because the defender contacts it. The D lineman is hitting Newton from behind.

You are wrong. I'm okay that you can't see it; you're an effin lawyer.

Please enjoy this pic, and then do your modular duties. I may have already posted this, but I don't care, she be bee-yoo-tee-full.

tumblr_no26ce6IQB1qhm2hjo1_400.png
I forgive you.

(For being wrong.)

Reactions: Hoops Cat
So, a quick google search this AM uncovers innumerable blogs and articles questioning why Newton didn't fall on the ball after his fumble, but zero controversy about whether it actually was a fumble as opposed to an incomplete pass.

Verdict: It was obviously a fumble. No one thinks otherwise. I can only surmise that Goat had money on the game.

Goat, after you clear your head this morning, try this response:

So, you were right; I was wrong. Thought you should know.

It's not complicated dude. It's not about the origin of the moon. It's not a complicated math quiz. It's not even about push polling.

It's about a frickin' football play. A set in stone, cut and dried fumble.

So, a quick google search this AM uncovers innumerable blogs and articles questioning why Newton didn't fall on the ball after his fumble, but zero controversy about whether it actually was a fumble as opposed to an incomplete pass.

Verdict: It was obviously a fumble. No one thinks otherwise. I can only surmise that Goat had money on the game.
I think that is the most interesting thing about this.

It was clearly an incomplete pass.

I think that is the most interesting thing about this.

It was clearly an incomplete pass.
His arm hadn't even gone all the way back in his "windup" when Von Miller got a hand on the ball from behind and pushed the ball, both downward and forward. I've watched it in slow-mo a few times now and there's no doubt it was a fumble. None.

His arm hadn't even gone all the way back in his "windup" when Von Miller got a hand on the ball from behind and pushed the ball, both downward and forward. I've watched it in slow-mo a few times now and there's no doubt it was a fumble. None.
I can't help you if you're blind. It's very clear that his arm moves forward ever so slightly before Miller makes contact. The screenshot I took above absolutely proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I can't believe people aren't talking about this at all. I assume because it would take away from the Cam Didn't Jump On The Fumble narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT