ADVERTISEMENT

Chicken wings

In terms of not cooking them yourself, Ale Emporium is the best and it's not even close.

If anyone disagrees, they don't know shit about shit.
They are good....but two places make your hermanaki wings look like chit...

The Friendly Tavern - Broasted Wings
Keystone Sports Review

distant third....bkistner's dark meat chicken wings.

Reactions: twenty02
Ok, I'm with you here.

I don't dislike fried wings at all... It's just that when I do them, I grill them, and I have perfected it.
I won't call you retarded for grilling. I like grilled chicken. I just like fried better when it comes to wings, because that super crispy skin is part of the experience.

But I absolutely will punch a person who wants to dip them in breading first.

Reactions: hoosierdug and C-$
Also, wings should be fried naked. No breading. Ever.

I tend to agree...but if they are there and offered, I will still eat them. Dipped in blue cheese.

Problem is you can't eat nearly as many, and they give you a very unsetttled feeling after eating, likely from the massive amount of grease the breading absorbs. I do like Scottys wings though. The all you can eat Mondays were a frequent contributor to very bad Tuesdays for a number of years.

I agree with Steven Raichlens law. Anything that tastes good fried, baked or roasted is going to be even better smoked or grilled. So I don't make wings very often but when I do I just do a nice spicy BBQ rub and smoke them for about an hour on the kettle with hickory, apple or oak wood. If you want to go is emblazoned with some rub in melted butter with some bourbon and you're good to go. Maybe some honey or brown sugar to if you wanted a little sweet to balance out the heat.

While I prefer smoking and grilling meat in almost every instance. When it comes to wings, fried is the best way to go.

I like them grilled and smoked and even have a pretty good baking recipe, but you can't beat fried.

1. Bleu cheese is retched, vile, shit.

2. If your wings need a "dip", then you already ****ed up and may God have mercy on your soul.
You are an idiot. You don 't eat pussy ... you may dabble in it ... and you don"t eat blue cheese ... You are not a man. F'n loser.

Rinse and dry
Olive oil
Dry Rub- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
Smoker for roughly one hour
Grill for roughly 30 minutes

Reactions: Hoops Cat
You are an idiot. You don 't eat pussy ... you may dabble in it ... and you don"t eat blue cheese ... You are not a man. F'n loser.
This seems a bit strong. Like youre an inferior person.

Reactions: C-$
Dude, you really are clueless, aren't you? lmao. If you only knew.

Is yard line where the old Beer Cellar used to be? Haven't been since it changed names.

I actually used to like Hooters wings, I realize the breading isn't for everyone, but I sometimes enjoy, though less and less these days. However, Scottys wings are superior if you are going the breaded route.

Yes....old Beer Cellar. Not a bad place. Have a golf simulator (reasonable prices) and pretty large beer selection. Good prices throughout the week too.

update

the chicken thigh marinated skewers were some of the best and most flavorful pieces of chicken I've ever had.

holy shit that was good.

I will
Great, so you're an idiot.

Look, I got no problem with people not dipping their wings. To each his own. But to dismiss others for dipping in blue cheese? Ridiculous. Blue cheese and hot wings were made for each other.

Now, if you want to attack people for dipping in ranch, I'm down with that.
I will dismiss who I please, when I please.

Why don't you dip your wing in that?

Grilled.

I do two styles: whiskey (Jack) & Asian.

I have a standard "base" of ingredients for each but based on what I have, I make small alterations.

Art, not science.

Marinate for 2 days.

Charbuffed are the best. Grilled after fried, then redipped in sauce

Reactions: largemouth
And go...

I met up with CF* & crew at The Winter 2016 AOTF Indy meetup (Sexy edition) at Moe & Johnny's last night. Yes, it was as gay as it sounds. And yes, 'gay' as in lighthearted and carefree. Haha, you suckers don't even know

1zXLlVm.jpg

15oLKp8.gif

FQXyidX.jpg

Dude, you really are clueless, aren't you? lmao. If you only knew.
dug, post: 1202523, member: 4654"]Dude, you really are clueless, aren't you? lmao. If you only knew.[/QUOTE]
Knew what? That you C-S are Mo's? Have another glass of wine. Jesus. What a wuss factory.I am sure you missed TMP's load on your chin.

Last edited:
[QU
I can see why you're so popular around here.

OTE="Mystery Donor, post: 1211538, member: 4498"]I met up with CF* & crew at The Winter 2016 AOTF Indy meetup (Sexy edition) at Moe & Johnny's last night. Yes, it was as gay as it sounds. And yes, 'gay' as in lighthearted and carefree. Haha, you suckers don't even know

1zXLlVm.jpg

15oLKp8.gif

FQXyidX.jpg
[/QUOTE]

dug, post: 1202523, member: 4654"]Dude, you really are clueless, aren't you? lmao. If you only knew.
Knew what? That you C-S are Mo's? Have another glass of wine. Jesus. What a wuss factory.I am sure you missed TMP's load on your chin.[/QUOTE]
You are REALLY bad at the interwebz. "A wuss factory"? You just can't make up your level of both stupidity and sheer, unadulterated nerdomination. BTW, that's a really, really bad combo. Keep up, dipchit. I don't drink wine.

Last edited:
Why is ok man TMP included in all these posts ?
Step off the mans nuts already.

Do any of you have an original thought?

The correct answer is to brine for bit, then grill. The charred bits on the wings that you get from grilling are the best part of a wing. Add sauces as you prefer to taste. Preferably some hot sauce....

Asshats.

Why is ok man TMP included in all these posts ?
Step off the mans nuts already.

Do any of you have an original thought?
Yes I do ... just trying to draw him out to play. Miss him. Like you too. TMP ... you ... Goat .. MD ...our my favorite posters You guys don't like me ... that's ok. I get you .. maybe someday you will get me .. or not.

You are REALLY bad at the interwebz. "A wuss factory"? You just can't make up your level of both stupidity and sheer, unadulterated nerdomination. BTW, that's a really, really bad combo. Keep up, dipchit. I don't drink wine.
Too cool. I hate wine. .

I thought you met up with Goat and C-S$ at Nicks Wine bar. Lighten up Doug ... you sound like a poor man's TMP.

I would add to the ingredients for the hot sauce:
Favorite hot sauce (I use Louisiana, but Frank's is great)
Melted butter (real effing butter too. Kerrygold, etc).
Lemon juice
Celery salt (trust me)
Garlic powder
A little freshly ground pepper

Whisk

You're welcome.

This is really close to what I do. I also add a little honey. Not enough to be sweet, just enough to cut the vinegar tang slightly.

You're absolutely correct about the celery salt.

Reactions: hoosierdug
I thought you met up with Goat and C-S$ at Nicks Wine bar. Lighten up Doug ... you sound like a poor man's TMP.
You are aware that "wine bars" serve other adult libations, right? We had whiskey and beer. Are you trying to set some kind of record for mentioning TMP? I'm good, pookie. Hoping Manning can add a score and the D can wrap this $hit up so that $hitter might head for the ledge.

You are aware that "wine bars" serve other adult libations, right? We had whiskey and beer. Are you trying to set some kind of record for mentioning TMP? I'm good, pookie. Hoping Manning can add a score and the D can wrap this $hit up so that $hitter might head for the ledge.
Cool ... the Henry's are re-opening the Rib Room.More upscale with the same ribs and sauce.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT