ADVERTISEMENT

Chattanooga ML.

Yep. Always bet the ML against Crean in the 1st round (and 3rd round) and on him in the 2nd round. If you did that in previous seasons, you'd be rich right now.
Did you hear the interview with DD and their coach yesterday? The dude is the ANTI Crean. I could easily see Troy turning it over 6 times.

No. Is it on the podcast?
Should be. The guy is nothing but class. Coached under Donovan, and contrary to what FL might say, I think that should count for something. They lost easily their best player at the beginning of the year and then went out and won 29 games (not all of which were vs a buncha stiffs).

Should be. The guy is nothing but class. Coached under Donovan, and contrary to what FL might say, I think that should count for something. They lost easily their best player at the beginning of the year and then went out and won 29 games (not all of which were vs a buncha stiffs).
Good interview.

I think we're going to lose.

Good interview.

I think we're going to lose.

Nah. I mean, you never know. I'm not going to make any Personal Guarantees or anything. But I don't think we'll lose. They may give us a game (though I'm even skeptical about that) but I can't see them winning. We have way too many weapons.

Nah. I mean, you never know. I'm not going to make any Personal Guarantees or anything. But I don't think we'll lose. They may give us a game (though I'm even skeptical about that) but I can't see them winning. We have way too many weapons.
It'll be feast or famine, which it always is with teams that press.

I think we should win, and easily.

You know how that works.

Here's the thing, and I'll say this on the OTF. The worst thing that happens is a Sweet 16 defeat, or a loss to UK. . The better things would be an Elite 8 or better...or getting thumped in Round 1. The latter because it heats up Crean's seat. Maybe not this year, but moving forward.

Given that the worst possible outcome is winning round 1 and losing to UK, you just know that's what will happen. You. Know. It.

Here's the thing, and I'll say this on the OTF. The worst thing that happens is a Sweet 16 defeat, or a loss to UK. . The better things would be an Elite 8 or better...or getting thumped in Round 1. The latter because it heats up Crean's seat. Maybe not this year, but moving forward.

Given that the worst possible outcome is winning round 1 and losing to UK, you just know that's what will happen. You. Know. It.

Crean's seat is going to be on fire if we don't at least make the Sweet 16. I can guarantee you that. He's going to have to make a couple deep tourney runs or make a FF or else he's not getting extended again. I can guarantee you that as well.

Well, considering UK leads the nation in offensive efficiency(I read that somewhere today) if we play them it will likely be a layup drill...

Crean's seat is going to be on fire if we don't at least make the Sweet 16. I can guarantee you that. He's going to have to make a couple deep tourney runs or make a FF or else he's not getting extended again. I can guarantee you that as well.

He'll get a pass for not beating UK. After all they're a 4 and we're a 5. We'll have achieved just what we were supposed to. It's all good.

Enjoy this Moment in the Sun.

Reactions: cryano and kkott
Deep tourney runs are expected to be a regularity according to Fred Glass. I've also got it on good authority that the people who are really calling the shots here, the big donors who paid out the ass to go to Maui and Durham, want a change.

We won the conference by two games. It's all icing now. Please keep up.

Hank, go to Wikipedia and look at the performance of guys like Tubby, Ben Howland, and Steve Lavin. Compare their records to Crean. All coached at fellow blue bloods. All got fired eventually.

Deep tourney runs are expected to be a regularity according to Fred Glass. I've also got it on good authority that the people who are really calling the shots here, the big donors who paid out the ass to go to Maui and Durham, want a change.
They wanted a change last year. Fred slowed their roll. We'll see how it goes now.

You can't guarantee sh!t! Don't pretend you are informed by anyone!

Reactions: Catfish_ Crazy
We won the conference by two games. It's all icing now. Please keep up.

Speaking of keeping up...

Regular Season Conference Championships are becoming irrelevant. Especially in the eyes of the Tournament committee. Only Indiana fans living in the good old days think otherwise.

But but but..."It leads to a #1 seed in the BTT," you might be thinking...

So what?

No one can squander a #1 seed better than our beloved coach.

No one.

I might be willing to give him a little more credit if the schedules weren't so uneven. With the way they're set up now, well...the #1 seed in the BTT can actually be seeded worse than other schools in the conference for the Tournament. To me, that speaks volumes. Of course the pu$$y scheduling philosophy of this program didn't help matters either, but I think you get my drift.

Last edited:
Speaking of keeping up...

Regular Season Conference Championships are becoming irrelevant. Especially in the eyes of the Tournament committee. Only Indiana fans living in the good old days think otherwise.

But but but..."It leads to a #1 seed in the BTT," you might be thinking...

So what?

No one can squander a #1 seed better than our beloved coach.

No one.

Oh, I agree. And I've had a few arguments on the basketball boards as to why we weren't deserving of a top 3 seed just because we Won The Conference.

But, I think IU is a case where Glass just really wants to keep Crean. I don't know why, but he seems to want that. If he didn't he could easily have made a change last season. But he didn't. Given that he wants Crean retained all he needs is justification, and what better justification than winning the conference, and/or being named COY? It doesn't matter what the Big Money wants. It doesn't matter if we get bounced by UK in the round of 32. The conference title gives Glass all he needs. Reasonable justification.

I'm convinced that Crean will be here as long as Glass remains. And Glass apparently is on as solid ground as one can get. Some big donors might huff and puff but so long as Crean doesn't completely sink the boat he'll be here.

Reactions: cryano
Crean has to win and win now. If Bryant leaves as many have rumored next season will be train wreck. We won't have the cream puff schedule we had this year. Crean is not surviving that without a solid tourney showing this year.

Oh, I agree. And I've had a few arguments on the basketball boards as to why we weren't deserving of a top 3 seed just because we Won The Conference.

But, I think IU is a case where Glass just really wants to keep Crean. I don't know why, but he seems to want that. If he didn't he could easily have made a change last season. But he didn't. Given that he wants Crean retained all he needs is justification, and what better justification than winning the conference, and/or being named COY? It doesn't matter what the Big Money wants. It doesn't matter if we get bounced by UK in the round of 32. The conference title gives Glass all he needs. Reasonable justification.

I'm convinced that Crean will be here as long as Glass remains. And Glass apparently is on as solid ground as one can get. Some big donors might huff and puff but so long as Crean doesn't completely sink the boat he'll be here.

Hmm...I just don't know about that. As others have posted, the relationship between Glass and Crean may not be as peachy-keen as what is portrayed in public. As a steward of the Athletic Department, Fred has made some pretty bold moves. It's hard to understand why he has such a blind spot with the basketball program.

Reactions: FrankTGucker

I don't believe that Glass is really all that committed to Crean. He shot his premature wad like an eager teenager with the contract extension. And took massive grief for it since. I don't think he has any intention to anchor himself to Crean going forward.

He really likes being AD at IU, a dream job for any IU grad. He isn't going to let Crean take him down.

His comments in recent years have been pretty clear on what his expectations are.

Hmm...I just don't know about that. As others have posted, the relationship between Glass and Crean may not be as peachy-keen as what is portrayed in public. As a steward of the Athletic Department, Fred has made some pretty bold moves. It's hard to understand why he has such a blind spot with the basketball program.
CTC's footing isn't as solid as many here seem to think - most of whom I assume feel that way out of some kind of reverse wishful thinking disorder - but the odds on him getting canned this year still have to be pretty long.

Tourney flop followed by a shitty 2016-2017? We'll be coach shopping by next March.

CTC's footing isn't as solid as many here seem to think - most of whom I assume feel that way out of some kind of reverse wishful thinking disorder - but the odds on him getting canned this year still have to be pretty long.

Tourney flop followed by a shitty 2016-2017? We'll be coach shopping by next March.

I don't disagree with that. I guess it just bothers me that he'll get an extra year only because the Big Ten gifted him the cake conference schedule. That and because the Administration is chickensh!t.

I don't disagree with that. I guess it just bothers me that he'll get an extra year only because the Big Ten gifted him the cake conference schedule. That and because the Administration is chickensh!t.
It's not the B1G's fault Rutgers and Minny chose this year to play the type of basketball that would put you 6-12 in the Horizon.

It is what it is. If Crean earned another year this year, then that's what he did. I don't think one good year is enough to make up for so many bad years, unless it's good top to bottom, but that's just me. Apparently one good portion of the season is enough. Hopefully, it will work out in the long run, as next year is the year Basketball Jesus finally starts getting homesick.

The "better thing(s) is an Elite 8 or better"? That would likely get Crean another extension and you thought it was a good idea to post this on the AOTF? Are you drunk?

Last edited:
The "better thing(s) is an Elite 8 or better"? That would likely get Crean another extension and you thought it was a good idea to post this on the AOTF? Are you drunk?

I'm not drunk, but I am on my 4th beer.

All I mean is, win reasonably big or lose big. It's the middle that is unsatisfying. And you just know Crean will hit that middle.

Reactions: hoosierdug
He'll get a pass for not beating UK. After all they're a 4 and we're a 5. We'll have achieved just what we were supposed to. It's all good.

Enjoy this Moment in the Sun.

shut your whore mouth. I will find you and I'll have C-$ kill you for that type of speak!

Reactions: C-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT