ADVERTISEMENT

CBS top 25 UK #4 Indiana #25

Look he hasn't talked sh*t or trolled once, hasn't been goaded into fights, has been respectful and is literate. More importantly he's at least semi interesting to talk to and doesn't say dumb things. Sure it's like seeing a unicorn, and we all hate UK fans but give him a damn break. There's nothing wrong with other fans being here, as long as they behave, he has. Unless you like echo chambers?
I appreciate you not hating on me for being a uk fan. It's the off-season, we both love our basketball and looking forward to the season starting. I enjoy mixing it up talking with other fan bases especially ones that hate puke and Louisville also. I rooted for you guys in 2001. It made me sick watching puke beat you

I appreciate you not hating on me for being a uk fan. It's the off-season, we both love our basketball and looking forward to the season starting. I enjoy mixing it up talking with other fan bases especially ones that hate puke and Louisville also. I rooted for you guys in 2001. It made me sick watching puke beat you
Oh, I still hate you .. ha ha ha ... don't get ahead of yourself but that doesn't mean we can't talk hoops.

vbg

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Yea, but Crean's BS about it being for the fans was pure orange BS. He wanted the advantage Assembly Hall supplied against UK. If he cared about the quality of home games he wouldn't have scheduled so many 270(-) teams. And, yes John was a chicken shit, but if you were a coach where would you rather play us?
What coach DOESN'T want their home floor advantage? IU was willing to play at Rupp but Calicrap wouldn't play at Assembly Hall. It was Calicrap's fault the series ended.

Reactions: Steeler31 and ufo33
Yeah throttled. You failed to mention that Haas got hurt. I just asked a simple question. There is no need to call me stupid or an idiot. Especially when you know I can't return the favor. I was curious.

Then why not ask the question on your own board? Why come over here? How is HaaSTD doing , anyway? He sure has laid low since being exposed as a serial spreader of sex diseases on the pu campus.

We hope you leave for Georgia...
Thank you for your suggestion. If I do go to Georgia I'll let you know and offer you the chance to go with me.

However, since I have been a loyal Hoosier fan for over 60 years, I doubt I will be leaving any time soon in this lifetime.

I wish you and your family a wonderful summer.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
We don't need them.

You are right, IU does not need them. That being said, I and hundreds of thousands of IU fans, the national media and basketball purists WANT the series back. It was a top game of the year, nationally, when it was played at the dome. 36,000 fans, equally divided, made this an awesome game and series. IU lost when Fred and Crean made their stand. I think Mississippi Valley State was the only winner of this stupid decision.

Reactions: IUgradman
LOL. Indiana never went away. When they did, didn't see UK wanting to run away during the 3 year IU coma period when Crean was rebuilding from scratch and they knew they were guaranteed a win.

I understand IU was not a national contender on par with UK the last 20 years save maybe 2 or 3. Still, just because Davis/Crean couldn't sustain a winning program from year to year doesn't mean they were not competitive with UK when they played. Take away the 3 years it took IU to tear down and rebuild from walkons and Indiana has won 4 of the last 6. 2 of 3 with Crean and 2 of the last 3 pre-Crean. The UK/IU rivalry is one of the best in college basketball no matter whether one team is in the dump or not.
Crean wasn't rebuilding he was just dumping kids that both
IU and he didn't want from Samson's brief reign.
IU still hired Samson despite his background prior to the Sooners?

Davis still holds IU's last final four appearance.

Last edited:
Crean wasn't rebuilding he was just dumping kids that both
IU and he didn't want from Samson's brief reign.

You speak a lot of truth here.

But his point is still valid: while IU was struggling, Cal had no problem playing them home-and-home. Only after he won a title was he brazen enough to insist on neutral sites only. And even that doesn’t hold water, since he had no problem playing UCLA home-and-home / neutral sites over a 4-year period.

IU tried to work out a compromise. Cal said no - yet said yes to UCLA. No way you can spin that.

Then why not ask the question on your own board? Why come over here? How is HaaSTD doing , anyway? He sure has laid low since being exposed as a serial spreader of sex diseases on the pu campus.
I asked the question here because the topic came up here.

I doubt it.
So most of pu's campus was aware of HaaSTD and his exploits, but PorkChop, coaches and his teammates had no knowledge? Choppy, you are really gettin' sloppy.

Showering next to Haas, yikes!

I doubt it.
Doh [spits coffee].

Well, that may be true if you assume that the Purdue athletic department (which, I think, is paying most all his medical bills) didn't know the medical condition of its star player. If Haas wanted to keep this private, maybe he should have taken a drive somewhere to a private clinic where he might not have been known.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I guess that's about the same as all the players under Crean that got in trouble, including the one who ran over another player. No knowledge about the drug or alcohol abuse?
Do you suspend a kid for having herpes?
I really don't know.
Kids get in trouble at virtually all universities.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...5-and-1-after-ncaa-draft-withdrawal-deadline/

Congrats on being preseason top 25 again. Really looking forward to this year. You guys have some good players coming in and Archie is doing a good job. I hope you guys beat the hell out of puke. Lastly, I didn't see Louisville on here, I'm guessing someone made a mistake
UofL is going to struggle for a few years. The penalties are probably still coming and they're going to have a tough time recruiting with that cloud over head.

I guess that's about the same as all the players under Crean that got in trouble, including the one who ran over another player. No knowledge about the drug or alcohol abuse?
Do you suspend a kid for having herpes?
I really don't know.
Kids get in trouble at virtually all universities.

Do you suspend a kid for infecting a trusting person, after lying to her about your transmittable sex disease? Then according to you, the coaching staff has no knowledge of his diseases and court issues, even though he was treated by pu, and routinely has physicals due to being a pu bball player. PorkChop hid this issue till just a week after pu was beaten in the tourney, to avoid negative publicity for the broilee program. It sucks.

Do you suspend a kid for infecting a trusting person, after lying to her about your transmittable sex disease? Then according to you, the coaching staff has no knowledge of his diseases and court issues, even though he was treated by pu, and routinely has physicals due to being a pu bball player. PorkChop hid this issue till just a week after pu was beaten in the tourney, to avoid negative publicity for the broilee program. It sucks.

Allowing this thread to devolve into a boiler STD debate is what sucks. For Frithsake let it effing go.

Purdue had their best shot lost yr. sure one of their bigs got hurt, but they had plenty of weapons and the guy still played. Not sure what they lost, but I'm sure they lost something and will drop back down to earth

Reactions: mike41703
Yea, but Crean's BS about it being for the fans was pure orange BS. He wanted the advantage Assembly Hall supplied against UK. If he cared about the quality of home games he wouldn't have scheduled so many 270(-) teams. And, yes John was a chicken shit, but if you were a coach where would you rather play us?

It may have been BS from TC but it is legit from the rest of us who buy season tickets. I would of course attend the game in Indy, but no greater venue anywhere than The Hall for a big game.....none.

It may have been BS from TC but it is legit from the rest of us who buy season tickets. I would of course attend the game in Indy, but no greater venue anywhere than The Hall for a big game.....none.

I would imagine the well-heeled season ticket holders at Rupp have to feel the same way.

Cal has one championship to show for his "Non-Traditional" schedule. I wonder how long that will satisfy the insatiable UK ticket holders who get tired of seeing Monmouth, Canisius or East Tennessee State as the highlights of the home non-conference scheduled games.

What coach DOESN'T want their home floor advantage? IU was willing to play at Rupp but Calicrap wouldn't play at Assembly Hall. It was Calicrap's fault the series ended.
I still believe some Hoosiers got out of hand with the
profanity and name calling etc, I don't blame Calipari
for ending the series at all.

Reactions: Deli owl

LOL......

Going to guess you dont go to a lot of college basketball games outside of the Hall.

This is absolute BS. I was there and frankly There was more vulgarity from the students aimed at Grayson Allen this year than UK or then 25 UK fans that were there. Cal ran because he didn't want to lose at home the next season. Period.

If you repeat a lie enough, it still will not be true. We do not need them on our schedule period. I would love to play them only if they are willing to compromise.

What are you, like 13-14 Years old.

You are right, IU does not need them. That being said, I and hundreds of thousands of IU fans, the national media and basketball purists WANT the series back. It was a top game of the year, nationally, when it was played at the dome. 36,000 fans, equally divided, made this an awesome game and series. IU lost when Fred and Crean made their stand. I think Mississippi Valley State was the only winner of this stupid decision.

UK is the reason the Indy/Louisville split ended in the first place. They lost Freedom Hall and there are no other viable alternatives in the state except Rupp. So we went to home and home. Then they got beat in Bloomington and decided that they would rather play every game in Indy (something they would not agree to before, thus the reason it went to home and home). You can have a desire to see the game played but Kentucky is the responsible party for it ending. They were the ones who were whip sawing back and forth on where the game should be played based solely on what was good for them. Glass and Crean were correct in saying screw that.

I think once Indiana is completely back you may get your wish, or at the very least a neutral court site which would likely be Indianapolis which I'm sure you would be ok with
No way he will ever come back to SSAH. Our wish isn't necessarily a neutral court. That is your idea so you can pay for the tigh overhead your program costs. A neutral site was offered in a negotiation with Calipari that included home games. We were willing to give ground in the negotiation. Since we included a game at SSAH, he wanted no part of it. The deal failure rests with him. I would not talk about resuming the series until he changes his mind or leaves..

Stop the shit about being back. We have a coach that is leading the program the right way and the fans support the direction the program is going. I wouldn't trade our program with any at the moment. Calipari is not playing us because the program is down. He is not going to put his team in a position to play at SSAH and risk a good chance for a loss. If he was worried about a game with Crean in Bloomington, he IS NOT going to be scheduling a game against a better coach.

You think Indy kids can’t drive to those cities if they want to?
Crean screwed the students and season ticket holders with non-conference schedules that included the worst teams in the country. Frankly, students haven't showed up as we are used to so why would they pay to attend a game on the road? People buying the mini series finally got wise to the crappy games offered and stopped buying them.

Give season ticket holders a reason to go to the game and not sell their non-conference tickets on StubHub. Stop giving away the good games to other cities and playing the trash at home. That is just my opinion.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
If you repeat a lie enough, it still will not be true. We do not need them on our schedule period. I would love to play them only if they are willing to compromise.
The state of Indiana has up-to-date, professional arenas for basketball, while Kentucky doesn't. Louisville has their new and old arenas. If UK and IU are going to play at a neutral arena like Cal wants, it will be because the state of Indiana allows UK play at Conseco or Lucas Oil. If Cal wants to beg Louisville to play at one of their arenas, that would be funny enough where I would concede to playing there: somebody get it on video, though, lol.

Crean screwed the students and season ticket holders with non-conference schedules that included the worst teams in the country. Frankly, students haven't showed up as we are used to so why would they pay to attend a game on the road? People buying the mini series finally got wise to the crappy games offered and stopped buying them.

Give season ticket holders a reason to go to the game and not sell their non-conference tickets on StubHub. Stop giving away the good games to other cities and playing the trash at home. That is just my opinion.
Well UK isn’t going to play us at Assembly Hall. So we can either maintain this high and mighty attitude or we can play them on a neutral court which is more than fair in Indy.

And people quit going to games because of Crean. I gave up my season tickets after 3 decades (very good tickets) because I was tired of watching his teams. That’s the only way fans can protest the current coach/AD. Quit supporting them financially. And that ultimately forced Glass’s hand.

Well UK isn’t going to play us at Assembly Hall. So we can either maintain this high and mighty attitude or we can play them on a neutral court which is more than fair in Indy.

And people quit going to games because of Crean. I gave up my season tickets after 3 decades (very good tickets) because I was tired of watching his teams. That’s the only way fans can protest the current coach/AD. Quit supporting them financially. And that ultimately forced Glass’s hand.

Nope, we don’t need them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT