ADVERTISEMENT

CBS top 25 UK #4 Indiana #25

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...5-and-1-after-ncaa-draft-withdrawal-deadline/

Congrats on being preseason top 25 again. Really looking forward to this year. You guys have some good players coming in and Archie is doing a good job. I hope you guys beat the hell out of puke. Lastly, I didn't see Louisville on here, I'm guessing someone made a mistake
We really need to get the UK/IU series back. In a neutral setting of course. Loved seeing the blue red split crowd. It's a travesty that that series was cancelled.

Calipari will never set foot in Assembly Hall again. Neutral Court and Rupp are the only location options that Calipari will agree to after the Wat Shot IU defeat of Kentucky became a ESPN commercial for a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ORG and rocketo
Calipari will never set foot in Assembly Hall again. Neutral Court and Rupp are the only location options that Calipari will agree to after the Wat Shot IU defeat of Kentucky became a ESPN commercial for a year.
Yea, but Crean's BS about it being for the fans was pure orange BS. He wanted the advantage Assembly Hall supplied against UK. If he cared about the quality of home games he wouldn't have scheduled so many 270(-) teams. And, yes John was a chicken shit, but if you were a coach where would you rather play us?

I think once Indiana is completely back you may get your wish, or at the very least a neutral court site which would likely be Indianapolis which I'm sure you would be ok with

Yea, but Crean's BS about it being for the fans was pure orange BS. He wanted the advantage Assembly Hall supplied against UK. If he cared about the quality of home games he wouldn't have scheduled so many 270(-) teams. And, yes John was a chicken shit, but if you were a coach where would you rather play us?
Yet CTC and Glass did not want to sully the reputation of Assembly Hall with a NIT game.

Thankfully those days are over!

Reactions: TommyCracker
They’ll get it done. He has too much respect for the Miller family. He knows it’s equal and it’s the right thing to do. There’ll be neutral as well, of course.

Reactions: IUgradman
Haha. I always wondered the same. Remember that argument but didn’t line up with all the damn cupcakes we had. Not like we couldn’t have coordinated teams making the trip to Bloomington that might be more competitive than the Bible College of Fort Wayne.

I notice you didn’t mention other polls where Purdue is in an IU is out

On an Indiana basketball fan board I am shocked that occurred. I am just as shocked when Purdue fans get to talking about dusty banners and IU being a has been that nobody brings up the fact that Purdue has none and is thus a "never was". Funny how that works.

On an Indiana basketball fan board I am shocked that occurred. I am just as shocked when Purdue fans get to talking about dusty banners and IU being a has been that nobody brings up the fact that Purdue has none and is thus a "never was". Funny how that works.
No mention of either but that’s ok

No mention of either but that’s ok
6vApA.gif

Just play it at Lucas Oil Stadium every year. 40k plus in attendance, evenly split between red and blue.

Sure, and just give Kentucky an unofficial visit with every Indianapolis kid. Smarter to play it in a true neutral area, including recruiting...like Cincinnati, Louisville, or St. Louis.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
N
Sure, and just give Kentucky an unofficial visit with every Indianapolis kid. Smarter to play it in a true neutral area, including recruiting...like Cincinnati, Louisville, or St. Louis.

That's not a good argument. It also gives every kid an unofficial visit from IU. It also gives 18000 Indiana fans a chance to watch IU in person. It also gives IU a top 3 game of the year, nationally, for potential recruits to enjoy on TV or in person. IU blew it with that fake stand from Surfboard and Tommy. Did you enjoy the MVSU game that replaced the UK game the following year. I didn't.

I am so glad that Archie is at IU..

We don’t need them.

IU/UK was a fabulous series on the neutral courts. I went to every game at the Dome. 34,000 fans, evenly divided between the schools and a national tv audience. Cal was willing to play every game there. Cal was not going to play in Bloomington, so the series being held in Indy, every year, was a reasonable situation.

The excuse that it would help UK recruit in Indiana is ridiculous. Creaniacs fell in line, on this board, and lauded Surfboard and Crean for their "righteous stand". The truth is, it would help IU a helluva lot more than UK to play that game. Surfboard Fred and The Baron TanTommy von Clapperson ruined that series. Instead of that game, Surfboard replaced it with MVSU! And the Creaniacs fell in line...

I am so glad that Archie is at IU....

I think once Indiana is completely back

LOL. Indiana never went away. When they did, didn't see UK wanting to run away during the 3 year IU coma period when Crean was rebuilding from scratch and they knew they were guaranteed a win.

I understand IU was not a national contender on par with UK the last 20 years save maybe 2 or 3. Still, just because Davis/Crean couldn't sustain a winning program from year to year doesn't mean they were not competitive with UK when they played. Take away the 3 years it took IU to tear down and rebuild from walkons and Indiana has won 4 of the last 6. 2 of 3 with Crean and 2 of the last 3 pre-Crean. The UK/IU rivalry is one of the best in college basketball no matter whether one team is in the dump or not.

IU is in latest Preseason Top 25 and Purdue is out. The world is back to normal again.
Just curious because I don’t know. Was that put out before CE announced his return to Purdue?
Purdue lost a ton to graduation but arguably returns the best player in the BIG. Also got a solid transfer immediately eligible to play. Eastern returns and so does Haarms.
Like I said, just curious.

IU/UK was a fabulous series on the neutral courts. I went to every game at the Dome. 34,000 fans, evenly divided between the schools and a national tv audience. Cal was willing to play every game there. Cal was not going to play in Bloomington, so the series being held in Indy, every year, was a reasonable situation.

The excuse that it would help UK recruit in Indiana is ridiculous. Creaniacs fell in line, on this board, and lauded Surfboard and Crean for their "righteous stand". The truth is, it would help IU a helluva lot more than UK to play that game. Surfboard Fred and The Baron TanTommy von Clapperson ruined that series. Instead of that game, Surfboard replaced it with MVSU! And the Creaniacs fell in line...

I am so glad that Archie is at IU....
We are all Glad Archie is here so why not move on from Crean and the childish name calling.

Reactions: IU Hardcore and ORG

Why give those cities the economic benefit of a big game? Ohio and Missouri have nothing to do with the UK/IU rivalry. Indy is the perfect location. Easily accessible by both fanbases, a modern indoor facility that can hold a lot of people, and a history of hosting the rivalry. UK isn’t going to gain any more exposure than they already have by playing in Indy.

Just curious because I don’t know. Was that put out before CE announced his return to Purdue?
Purdue lost a ton to graduation but arguably returns the best player in the BIG. Also got a solid transfer immediately eligible to play. Eastern returns and so does Haarms.

Wtf is wrong with you stupid boilers?

You lost 4 starters that played together their whole career. You bring in a recruiting class worse than Rutgers...RUTGERS. And this is from a team that finished 3rd in a very weak B1G and got throttled in the S16.

And you idiots can't figure out why you aren't ranked? Holy chit.

You lost 4 starters that played together their whole career. You bring in a recruiting class worse than Rutgers...RUTGERS. And this is from a team that finished 3rd in a very weak B1G and got throttled in the S16.

Yeah throttled. You failed to mention that Haas got hurt. I just asked a simple question. There is no need to call me stupid or an idiot. Especially when you know I can't return the favor. I was curious.

After CE annoucement.

IU got a grad transfer as well.

I think Purdue fans are going to be very disappointed in Bourdeux (sp?). I think he is going to struggle against B10 level talent.....especially on the defensive end.

In 2 years, i think he has been part of 16 wins.....

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Yeah throttled. You failed to mention that Haas got hurt. I just asked a simple question. There is no need to call me stupid or an idiot. Especially when you know I can't return the favor. I was curious.

At least you understand. It's the type of response I got back on gbi before I was banned.

Your team is losing 62% of its scoring and over half the rebounding.

Reactions: T.M.P.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...5-and-1-after-ncaa-draft-withdrawal-deadline/

Congrats on being preseason top 25 again. Really looking forward to this year. You guys have some good players coming in and Archie is doing a good job. I hope you guys beat the hell out of puke. Lastly, I didn't see Louisville on here, I'm guessing someone made a mistake

Is it that boring over on Rupp Rafters? Congrats on more burger boys. My advise to Cal though is he better go to Burger King because he's been choking lately with Mcdonalds.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Is it that boring over on Rupp Rafters? Congrats on more burger boys. My advise to Cal though is he better go to Burger King because he's been choking lately with Mcdonalds.
Look he hasn't talked sh*t or trolled once, hasn't been goaded into fights, has been respectful and is literate. More importantly he's at least semi interesting to talk to and doesn't say dumb things. Sure it's like seeing a unicorn, and we all hate UK fans but give him a damn break. There's nothing wrong with other fans being here, as long as they behave, he has. Unless you like echo chambers?

Look he hasn't talked sh*t or trolled once, hasn't been goaded into fights, has been respectful and is literate. More importantly he's at least semi interesting to talk to and doesn't say dumb things. Sure it's like seeing a unicorn, and we all hate UK fans but give him a damn break. There's nothing wrong with other fans being here, as long as they behave, he has. Unless you like echo chambers?

Thanks DAD.

Yeah throttled. You failed to mention that Haas got herpes. I just asked a simple question. There is no need to call me stupid or an idiot. Especially when you know I can't return the favor. I was curious.

Fixed that for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT