Jun 13, 2024
The following Big Ten teams made the top 50:
7. Purdue
16. UCLA
18. Michigan
20. Indiana
22. Illinois
26. Michigan St
36. Rutgers (play St Johns tonight BT channel)
39. Maryland
41. Oregon
44. Ohio St

I hope IU wins a lot this season so you disappear from this board. The football board has been very nice this season. No Purdue fan is gonna troll a top 25 team when their own team is a dumpster fire.

I just listed my own Top 50, its on my fridge, equally as legitimate and credible.

Big Ten Teams in the top 50

6. Indiana
14. Illinois
19. UCLA
21. Rutgers
23. Michigan St.
26. Purdue
29. Michigan
31. Ohio State
38. Oregon
40. Maryland
43. Wisconsin
48. Iowa

Minnesota, Nebraska, USC, Washington, Northwestern, Penn State...all outside top 50.

I just listed my own Top 50, its on my fridge, equally as legitimate and credible.

6. Indiana
14. Illinois
19. UCLA
21. Rutgers
23. Michigan St.
26. Purdue
29. Michigan
31. Ohio State
38. Oregon
40. Maryland
43. Wisconsin
48. Iowa

Minnesota, Nebraska, USC, Washington, Northwestern, Penn State...all outside top 50.
You have oregon and ucla too low. Vbg

On paper, the B18 seems to have many average to above-average teams ... and no F4 contender. Granted, it's near-impossible to predict how a season will play out in mid-October, but it doesn't appear to be an impressive group of 18.

The following Big Ten teams made the top 50:
7. Purdue
16. UCLA
18. Michigan
20. Indiana
22. Illinois
26. Michigan St
36. Rutgers (play St Johns tonight BT channel)
39. Maryland
41. Oregon
44. Ohio St
Maybe they’ll prove me wrong, but I don’t understand the love for Michigan. I think Illinois and MSU have better potential for this season.

6. Indiana
14. Illinois
19. UCLA
21. Rutgers
23. Michigan St.
26. Purdue
29. Michigan
31. Ohio State
38. Oregon
40. Maryland
43. Wisconsin
48. Iowa

"need to archive this and compare it to the end of the season."
i like yours a lot better

Reactions: T.M.P.
Maybe they’ll prove me wrong, but I don’t understand the love for Michigan. I think Illinois and MSU have better potential for this season.
Their roster construction was pretty good, they have two good 7' that can score, good guards and a lot of shooters, is May a good coach, I think so! Look at IU, Robbie Hummel said last week, he likes IU's talent, but like last year he questions their roster makeup. No backup for center, very little outside shooting, and the shooters they have are very weak on the defensive side of the ball. Is Rice a true pg, most believe he is more of a combo. And then there is Woody! Will the weak non-conference help or hurt? Michigan is my Dark Horse to win the conference.

Their roster construction was pretty good, they have two good 7' that can score, good guards and a lot of shooters, is May a good coach, I think so! Look at IU, Robbie Hummel said last week, he likes IU's talent, but like last year he questions their roster makeup. No backup for center, very little outside shooting, and the shooters they have are very weak on the defensive side of the ball. Is Rice a true pg, most believe he is more of a combo. And then there is Woody! Will the weak non-conference help or hurt? Michigan is my Dark Horse to win the conference.
You are full of backhanded compliments for IU......go away.

Cue the principal from Billy Madison saying everything you just wrote was awful and we're dumber for reading it.

I shouldn't even respond, but I'm bored...

We have as much depth at center as Purdue does. We have TWO All Big Ten level bigs, for one, that won't always play at the same time. If they each were to average, say 28 minutes a game, and play 18 of those minutes together. The 40 or so minutes of playing time for the center position would get 28 minutes of Ballo, and 10 minutes of Reneau. Hatton can cover the 2 extra minutes. Or we can play smaller with guys like Tucker, Goode, and Mgbako. We're fine.

Mgbako is a better outside shooter than anyone on Purdue's roster. So there's that. Galloway shot nearly 50% from three the last time he played a whole season off the ball. He'll be fine. Both Rice and Carlyle had a pretty decent catch and shoot percentage. They'll be fine. Cupps was a near 40% 3P guy on catch and shoot. Goode is a proven shooter. Reneau even showed he could knock down outside shots as the year wore on last year. I'm not saying we're going to become the Golden State Warriors. But our perimeter shooting shouldn't be nearly as big of an achilles heel as it was last year.

I would say the only designated "shooter" we have, that will play much at all, is Goode. And he isn't bad defensively, at all. Comparatively to your designated shooter, Loyer, he's like a mix between Gary Payton and Dennis Rodman, defensively.

Rice won Pac12 Freshman of the Year, and took Wazzu to the NCAA tournament. He's a VERY good point guard and leader.

Woody...he was 3-1 against Purdouche when he had rosters similar to this years with more balance inside and out.

Non Conference is fine. Atlantis will be a great prep for NCAA's. Louisville, then potentially Gonzaga and Arizona. South Carolina was an NCAA tournament team last year, that's a solid game. Only thing lacking is a tough true road game. But its not uncommon for good teams to not have that before conference season.

In short...refer to my first sentence. We're all dumber for reading your posts.

Michigan has worse guards and is going to play with two bigs who can't play away from the basket that are worse than Ballo/Reneau.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT