ADVERTISEMENT

CBS predicts the B10

giphy.gif

Stupid, we're barely in the top 25 despite having one of the best resumes in the Big10 with one injury after another, Yet we're "overrated." Clearly another dumb*ss that knows nothing about basketball. Winning close games against good teams is a good thing, not a bad thing. Somehow Wisconsin is "underrated" despite being ranked higher and losing to a team that we wrecked by 23. This must've been written by a Purdont fan.

Last edited:
This is pretty reasonable I think. IU is a wild card subject to foul problems on the front line and ravaged by injury thus far. Would hate to see them drop to #6 but it could happen.

I don’t think overrated is at all accurate. I could also see a 6th place finish. Wins are wins and as long as IU keeps piling them up the rankings and accolades will eventually follow. But it wouldn’t be a shocker to regress to the mean in games decided by 5 points or less.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
He predicts a decline as we play a tougher B1G schedule... But IF we manage to get healthy and continue to build team chemistry, I see the exact opposite happening. I see a team improving as we head towards March.

Reactions: echs86
He predicts a decline as we play a tougher B1G schedule... But IF we manage to get healthy and continue to build team chemistry, I see the exact opposite happening. I see a team improving as we head towards March.

They could play better and still not win at the 850 clip they are now. They will likely lose 4-6 in league play.

Seems about right to me.

While IU is 11-2 and will probably beat UI to go to 12-2, they still struggle with outside shooting, turnovers, and free throws. While they are improving in each of those, the B10 is really tough this year.

The road game at Michigan will be a true measurement of where IU is. Win that, IU makes a run at the B10 title, make it competitive and IU is a top 5 team, get destroyed like Purdue...IU is overrated.

And do not forget IU plays Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern twice and does not have to go to Nebraska, Ohio State, and Wisconsin. The unbalanced schedule will play a big part in the standings this year.

Reactions: echs86
They could play better and still not win at the 850 clip they are now. They will likely lose 4-6 in league play.

The B10 reagular season champ will probably have 5 losses. 14 wins in the B10 this year and you are probably in the running for conference champs...

The Big Ten has improved quite a bit this year. Michigan and Wisconsin are both better than expected, and Purdue too, according to Kenpom. It wouldn't be a shock to see IU finish the season 6th in the Big Ten, and stay ranked.

But IU also probably has more room to improve this year than some of the other teams...as our early progress has been stunted by injuries. If we get everyone back and into the flow, we're a top 20 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT