ADVERTISEMENT

#6 IU Women Face #7 Michigan in Ann Arbor w/out Mackenzie Holmes @ 7;00 PM ESPN2

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002

Thanks for posting.
We are not a deep team, rarely playing more than 7 and shallow at the big positions.
Mac was likely our best player.
Replacing 20 points and 9 rebounds per game will be a challenge.
I expect more minutes from Grace W and Kaitland, but neither of them are scorers.
As they say; next man up

Reactions: Chriselli
Thanks for posting.
We are not a deep team, rarely playing more than 7 and shallow at the big positions.
Mac was likely our best player.
Replacing 20 points and 9 rebounds per game will be a challenge.
I expect more minutes from Grace W and Kaitland, but neither of them are scorers.
As they say; next man up
The wins against Nebraska and Purdue were incredibly gutty performances. The break due to Covid issues (both internal and those of other programs) was probably a blessing in disguise, though we may show some rust tonight. Our starters have accumulated a ton of minutes and I'm sure some rest was badly needed. If we were two more quality players deep, I think this team could be a final four challenger. Without MH we will struggle against size. Hopefully she can return at something close to full strength.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Michigan has skilled size.
Might get ugly..Unless there's some super scoring outburst by a couple starters..

Eventually (now - and especially next season), it is going to catch up with the program big time that CTM runs off 60% of her recruits.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
Even w/o Holmes, IU is the better team. We shall see tonight.
This is the reality ...Without Holmes...
Lady Hoosiers gonna struggle...No chance of deep run in the tournament..
Out rebounded ridiculously tonight.
Take any teams stud away and its gonna happen..
Praying she gets back and is really healthy again..

Reactions: Hoosierific
This is the reality ...Without Holmes...
Lady Hoosiers gonna struggle...No chance of deep run in the tournament..
Out rebounded ridiculously tonight.
Take any teams stud away and its gonna happen..
Praying she gets back and is really healthy again..
Rebounding killed us. Bigger drop off than i thought w/o Holmes. No question, Holmes is needed for any meaningful run in the tournament.

Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT