ADVERTISEMENT

Carmel Restaurants

mrthebes

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2007
Guys -

I'm going to be in Carmel with my in laws this weekend. Looking for a few restaurant recommendations for dinner on Saturday night. We'll want to stay in the Carmel / Fishers area. Preferably not a chain. Upscale American or Italian will be best. Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit...

I haven't been to Prime 47, but I'd like to try it sometime. If you aren't trying to just buy your in-laws affection, you could consider Smee's at 86th and Ditch or Daddy Jack's. It's not Carmel either, but they're very good and not over-priced.

This post was edited on 2/25 2:14 PM by Bloom.

Re: Edit...

They're moving to Carmel from the Chicago area this weekend (we're driving in from Columbus, OH). They're best-suited for a more casual restaurant. Not Chili's casual, but Matt the Miller's looks to be the type of place we'd normally take them to in Columbus. I just think that downtown Carmel will be ideal as it will be their first time out to eat in their new hometown.

That being said, I'm open to options.

Thanks again, all

As $ said...

Peterson's is a fantastic steak house, but pretty expensive/fancy. I prefer it over Prime 47, but Prime has a good atmosphere...I just don't like the location.

Stone Creek on Michigan Road on the far west side of Carmel is very good and they also have a location at Hamilton Town Center. It is locally owned and the same company owns Bru Burger and Mesh downtown; both are very good.

Matt the Miller's has a good atmosphere, but I am not in love with the food. I haven't been there in a while, though so it may have improved. Another good old Carmel spot is Woody's Library downtown Carmel. It has been there forever and is always good. I would personally choose their food over MTM's. Since they will be living here, Sahm's in Fishers also has excellent food (the one on Allisonville Rd; the one on 96th Street is also good but is a bar and you can still smoke in there).

After dinner, take them to the Old Town Tavern downtown Carmel....kidding on that one unless you love dive bars. I actually do stop in there every once in a while, but it's definitely a dive.

Re: As $ said...

I came across Woody's online. Good food? Seemed like a neat place / idea

Ristorante Roma. Off rangeline road just north of 126th street in a dumpy plaza. However, the chef is an authentic Sicilian and their noodles and dishes are made from scratch. Very good.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Matt the Millers isn't downtown Carmel...

Downtown Carmel is the Pint Room and Scottie's. Bazbeaux's too. Bub's of course. Muldoon's is OK. All are mid-range priced options.

Matt the Miller's is fine.

It's nothing special.

You might also consider Divvy... you can choose from a TON of small plates to share.

It's in the same "center" as Matt the Miller's.

Or go to The Local... I thought you said "upscale" in your post, though. I may have read it wrong.

I've only been in the Old Town Tavern once... I bought the bar a round...

...was hammered off my ass. Much more than usual. Had an underaged (for the bar) chick with me.

Same one I just banged last wknd (the IC is aware and there are pics).

Buying the bar a round is not something I've ever done before. I was retarded drunk and another dude we were with was gonna buy the bar a round and I apparently thought it was a d*ck measuring contest and I paid the price - literally.

Woke up to a $250 charge to my account. Called the bar and tried to argue (I honestly had no recollection, which is very rare - even at my drunkest). Finally reached the bartender... she made me feel bad. I definitely did it.

Re: Matt the Miller's is fine.

Yea, I did. That may have been too strong of wording. Just didn't want to end up at Chili's or the Olive Garden, that's all.

We always take them to a gastro pub here in Columbus. Casual spot, but with higher-end American food. The wife and I will probably try that steak house at some point, but it won't be of interest to her parents.

Thanks for these recommendations, guys. I should be good to go from here. To be completely honest, I'm just excited to get Hot Box for lunch on Saturday ...

.. I bought the bar a round...

Maybe that's why you got laid that night, broad thought you were a big shooter

Re: Overruled. You have also stated that Noah Grant's is overrated.

Noah Grant's is really good as is The Friendly.

On the other hand, IU is not good at basketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT