ADVERTISEMENT

Carmel High School

This is easy, @snarlcakes says he(?) is a teacher who never has to worry about those types bugging him. I am not a teacher but I can take a wild guess about how he manages that: he doesn't talk about sexuality in class, he sticks to the curriculum, doesn't share his political opinions with them, and teaches from a position of benevolent authority as opposed to being their friend.

How close am I?

Edit to add: In my experience the vast majority of teachers do this by the way. If the minority that feel the need to act otherwise would knock it off, the M4L types would mostly go away.
Yeah, that's how that works in public schools.

Well, my best teacher was a world history teacher who didn't really stick to the curriculum, and we learned a hell of a lot more. Toughest class I took.

What’s interesting is that several of the Indy metro suburb schools look similar to Carmel now. Yes Carmel has an absurd enrollment figure, but the facilities and amenities are not that uncommon. My kids go to CG and it has a lot of cool things including a brand natatorium and student athletic center.
Center Grove has become every bit as competitive as Carmel. CG is the Carmel of the south side. Twenty years ago I would have said CG is a Carmel wannabe with a chip on its shoulder. Within a given school district competitive parents create a competitive school. Kids mimic their parents, generally speaking. I went to North Central HS when our hated rival was Carmel, just a bunch of farm kids. We routinely kicked their ass in sports. In the Indianapolis Metroplex the prestige moves farther north in time, flowing with the money. Someday Carmel HS will become what once prestigious Shortridge HS is today. School districts evolve, just like everything else.

Center Grove has become every bit as competitive as Carmel. CG is the Carmel of the south side. Twenty years ago I would have said CG is a Carmel wannabe with a chip on its shoulder. Within a given school district competitive parents create a competitive school. Kids mimic their parents, generally speaking. I went to North Central HS when our hated rival was Carmel, just a bunch of farm kids. We routinely kicked their ass in sports. In the Indianapolis Metroplex the prestige moves farther north in time, flowing with the money. Someday Carmel HS will become what once prestigious Shortridge HS is today. School districts evolve, just like everything else.
Yeah, I don't see Carmel becoming burdened like IPS schools have been over the last 25 years anytime soon. The key to success is creating great places for empty nesters to move into, so families with kids can keep buying those homes. Sometimes communities age out. That's just not going to happen here, and other communities are following suit.

What’s interesting is that several of the Indy metro suburb schools look similar to Carmel now. Yes Carmel has an absurd enrollment figure, but the facilities and amenities are not that uncommon. My kids go to CG and it has a lot of cool things including a brand natatorium and student athletic center.

Carmel's facilities aren't uncommon? Really?

They weren't uncommon when they were originally built. They were playing catchup to Warren Central and Ben Davis. Really, Pike was kind of on the forefront gym space wise. They just didn't go as big as Ben Davis, let alone Warren Central. Carmel caught up, then took the lead when they expanded their weight room and put two more courts on top of it.

Yeah, I don't see Carmel becoming burdened like IPS schools have been over the last 25 years anytime soon. The key to success is creating great places for empty nesters to move into, so families with kids can keep buying those homes. Sometimes communities age out. That's just not going to happen here, and other communities are following suit.

Carmel's facilities aren't uncommon? Really?

They weren't uncommon when they were originally built. They were playing catchup to Warren Central and Ben Davis. Really, Pike was kind of on the forefront gym space wise. They just didn't go as big as Ben Davis, let alone Warren Central. Carmel caught up, then took the lead when they expanded their weight room and put two more courts on top of it.
I was thinking much farther out in time before Carmel HS, and the Carmel community deteriorates, but it will happen, just not in our lifetimes…yes, even yours. When the new outer loop around Indy, I-865, becomes reality, the dynamics of growth and development here will accelerate in new directions. Small towns on the outskirts of the city are being swallowed up as if now just outlying neighborhood communities of that city. Indy is just playing catch-up with the bigger cities having already experienced the changing demographics on a larger scale.

I was thinking much farther out in time before Carmel HS, and the Carmel community deteriorates, but it will happen, just not in our lifetimes…yes, even yours. When the new outer loop around Indy, I-865, becomes reality, the dynamics of growth and development here will accelerate in new directions. Small towns on the outskirts of the city are being swallowed up as if now just outlying neighborhood communities of that city. Indy is just playing catch-up with the bigger cities having already experienced the changing demographics on a larger scale.
I get what you're saying, but Carmel has moved in a direction to absorb growth in a way the old suburbs (township schools) didn't. Fishers is thick in Carmel's footsteps, and Brownsburg is starting to follow as well.

The viability of any community, as it seems, is how to handle the aging population. Some small communities dwindle away because there is not place for new people to move into. Even bigger communities struggle with it. It's why the once rural schools surrounding Muncie schools, Anderson, Richmond, etc are growing and will eventually out grow the one time large city schools. (Richmond isn't at risk of that yet.)

Handling that was a large part of Carmel's current mayor's purpose. Many of these medium density projects have been aimed at empty nester ownership and independent living for the elderly.

Any notion of a second loop is long since buried. There is zero appetite for it. Even if it happens, it wouldn't eliminate the accessibility communities have along 465. Purposeful zoning and planning has been a key to Carmel's growth and lack of clutter, dating back to the mid-70's, and Carmel has done a great job of making sure its infrastructure has slightly out paced its growth. Carmel doesn't have the choke points, traffic wise, that other suburban areas have, at least not any that weren't caused by poor lane management along 465 East from Keystone and 465 West from Meridian.

PS. What is your area of expertise, by the way? You aren’t a teacher and you don’t have children, so….how exactly do you know what “most parents want.” And for the record I believe that about police officers also. You don’t? Your standardized tests remarks are just silly.
As far as I know. I’m the person on this board that has attended a K-12 school most recently. That is my expertise. Along with common sense.

The memory is fading, but I remember my transvestite principal with her/ his rock hard fake nipples pointing through thems shirt at every school assembly. I remember the thing giving a commencement address based on overcoming obstacles with an analogy to they/ thems feline once fighting through a UTI and again lording over her pack of felines. It was insane. (Of course the freak had multiple cats)

I remember only the athletic, charismatic, jocks getting in trouble for stuff that every student did.

I remember being in the principles office for an entire morning one time because I put one of my good friends in a playful headlock while we gathered in the gymnasium before school. Didn’t matter that we both protested it. “They” know.

I went to Indiana University and I graduated in 2016. The (overwhelmingly) women who graduated with an elementary education degree were some of the most underwhelming people I’ve ever met in my entire life.

That is why I question our education system.

You’re entrusted with the nations most prescious resource and all we get are Zekes. And you blow your lid at any semblance of school choice which tells all of us just how badly you want to protect your mediocrity.

Would you like to take an ACT? SAT? IQ test?

We can set this up offline and I’ll let the board know the results.

DM for further action.

As far as I know. I’m the person on this board that has attended a K-12 school most recently. That is my expertise. Along with common sense.

The memory is fading, but I remember my transvestite principal with her/ his rock hard fake nipples pointing through thems shirt at every school assembly. I remember the thing giving a commencement address based on overcoming obstacles with an analogy to they/ thems feline once fighting through a UTI and again lording over her pack of felines. It was insane. (Of course the freak had multiple cats)

I remember only the athletic, charismatic, jocks getting in trouble for stuff that every student did.

I remember being in the principles office for an entire morning one time because I put one of my good friends in a playful headlock while we gathered in the gymnasium before school. Didn’t matter that we both protested it. “They” know.

I went to Indiana University and I graduated in 2016. The (overwhelmingly) women who graduated with an elementary education degree were some of the most underwhelming people I’ve ever met in my entire life.

That is why I question our education system.

You’re entrusted with the nations most prescious resource and all we get are Zekes. And you blow your lid at any semblance of school choice which tells all of us just how badly you want to protect your mediocrity.

Would you like to take an ACT? SAT? IQ test?

We can set this up offline and I’ll let the board know the results.

DM for further action.
That might be some of the most bigoted, prejudicial crap I've read on this forum, and that's saying a lot.

Congratulations.

I'm calling BS on most of your story. Around the time you were in HS that would've made national headlines. Let's see it.

Put that in Fishers, where they managed to win elections and get appointed to library board seats. They lost their ass in Carmel...then quoted Hitler.
The Carmel school board had 3 contests. winners won by 50.1 to 49.9 %, 39.5 to 39.2%, and 46.2 to 43.7 %. One conservative backed member was a winner, one moderate, and not sure about the third winner. Hardly losing your ass. One of those losses was to an incumbent. An incumbent is very hard to beat in Carmel if they work with the Carmel teachers union. The teachers union is an independent localized union not associated with the left wing unions. It works pretty well in that town. I'm not a teacher but I have 4 family members including teachers and a principal in other school districts.

Last edited:
The Carmel school board had 3 contests. winners one by 50.1 to 49.9 %, 39.5 to 39.2%, and 46.2 to 43.7 %. One conservative backed member was a winner, one moderate, and not sure about the third winner. Hardly losing your ass. One of those losses was to an incumbent. An incumbent is very hard to beat in Carmel if they work with the Carmel teachers union. The teachers union is an independent localized union not associated with the left wing unions. It works pretty well in that town. I'm not a teacher but I have 4 family members including teachers and a principal in other school districts.
They lost their ass. Their most ineffective member was the only winner, and he hasn't had a voice on anything other than some talk of being more specific in the dress code. LOL

Pretty sure all that's going to do is move the MS dress code language in line with the HS dress code language.

The tide against them is rising locally. They didn't seize their moment in Carmel.

I'm calling BS on most of your story. Around the time you were in HS that would've made national headlines. Let's see it.
Listen up cletus. This ain’t some quaint Indiana backwater. The progressives up here in Chicago don’t just play at being insane for yucks. They are insane. And there are no breaks on their psychopathy. Telling that for all your purported tolerance you can’t even bring yourself to believe there was a tranny Junior High principal in the early 2000’s.

See below for articles in reference to “Dr.” Deanna Reed. The psycho ended one school year with a dick and showed up the next with fake tits plastered on. No heads up. No nothing. A narcissist like almost all trannys.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Listen up cletus. This ain’t some quaint Indiana backwater. The progressives up here in Chicago don’t just play at being insane for yucks. They are insane. And there are no breaks on their psychopathy. Telling that for all your purported tolerance you can’t even bring yourself to believe there was a tranny Junior High principal in the early 2000’s.

See below for articles in reference to “Dr.” Deanna Reed. The psycho ended one school year with a dick and showed up the next with fake tits plastered on. No heads up. No nothing. A narcissist like almost all trannys.

Listen up, Goo,

This ain't some quaint Indiana backwater. You weren't in middle school in 2001, and having a gender change isn't the same as being a transvestite, let alone the scene you described in the earlier post or in this post.

So here's the issue. Just like the Mom's 4 Liberty HamCo simps that I've challenged on a regular basis, cherry picking instances that didn't happen HERE, where they're trying to say this stuff exists, let alone happen to their children. And when asked for a local answer...crickets.

Like I said. I call BS on your story. If a transgender teacher made headlines in 2001, guess what, your alleged transvestite principal would've too.

Do you have a link for that?

Besides, none of it would change my earlier assessment of your expressed bigotry.

Listen up, Goo,

This ain't some quaint Indiana backwater. You weren't in middle school in 2001, and having a gender change isn't the same as being a transvestite, let alone the scene you described in the earlier post or in this post.

So here's the issue. Just like the Mom's 4 Liberty HamCo simps that I've challenged on a regular basis, cherry picking instances that didn't happen HERE, where they're trying to say this stuff exists, let alone happen to their children. And when asked for a local answer...crickets.

Like I said. I call BS on your story. If a transgender teacher made headlines in 2001, guess what, your alleged transvestite principal would've too.

Do you have a link for that?

Besides, none of it would change my earlier assessment of your expressed bigotry.
I just shared links. WTH?

My mom literally went to school board meetings trying to get her ousted. He/ She transitioned in 2001 and I started in 2008. It was still the principal at that time.

"Dr. Deanna D. Reed served as the school’s principal from 1989-2012."

I just shared links. WTH?

My mom literally went to school board meetings trying to get her ousted. He/ She transitioned in 2001 and I started in 2008. It was still the principal at that time
It still doesn't make him/her a transvestite. LOL

It just brings it back to bigotry. Goo is unaccepting of transgendered people, and he got it honestly from his mother, who tried to get the principal ousted. Pretty shameful stuff.

It still doesn't make him/her a transvestite. LOL

It just brings it back to bigotry. Goo is unaccepting of transgendered people, and he got it honestly from his mother, who tried to get the principal ousted. Pretty shameful stuff.
It was an excellent school. Although the teachers were hard core liberals, they were extremely competent and they hit the math and science hard. The U.S. history teacher was an Asian who didn’t abide by nonsense.

That was until 8th grade when we were tasked with writing a presidential biography and my teacher rolled his eyes at me when I suggested I wanted to do one on Ronald Reagan. The bias comes in small, subtle ways. Similar to being black in America.

The principal was a disaster,
Sideshow.

Can you imagine walking on stage at a school assembly with your nipples visible?

What a freak.

I don’t care if you don’t believe me. You’re a clown boy. An AAU jock sniffer loser. You need to off yourself because no one here or in real life likes you.

It was an excellent school. Although the teachers were hard core liberals, they were extremely competent and they hit the math and science hard. The U.S. history teacher was an Asian who didn’t abide by nonsense.

That was until 8th grade when we were tasked with writing a presidential biography and my teacher rolled his eyes at me when I suggested I wanted to do one on Ronald Reagan. The bias comes in small, subtle ways. Similar to being black in America.

The principal was a disaster,
Sideshow.

Can you imagine walking on stage at a school assembly with your nipples visible?

What a freak.

I don’t care if you don’t believe me. You’re a clown boy. An AAU jock sniffer loser. You need to off yourself because no one here or in real life likes you.
LOL

Can I imagine walking on stage at a school assembly with your nipples visible? Well, we had women administrators, some very well endowed, and I don't recall seeing their nipples.

I'm calling BS, but your bigotry makes for good fake outrage.

You're probably right about the AAU stuff. 32 years of coaching kids you've watched on TV, spending with Coach Knight before you were born...you're going to have more than that. My history HERE alone predates you as sperm.

LOL

Can I imagine walking on stage at a school assembly with your nipples visible? Well, we had women administrators, some very well endowed, and I don't recall seeing their nipples.

I'm calling BS, but your bigotry makes for good fake outrage.

You're probably right about the AAU stuff. 32 years of coaching kids you've watched on TV, spending with Coach Knight before you were born...you're going to have more than that. My history HERE alone predates you as sperm.
Interesting.

Do you believe the AAU kids are an outlet for your frustration about not having real children?

Interesting.

Do you believe the AAU kids are an outlet for your frustration about not having real children?
I don't have frustration over not having a child. I enjoy coaching, and given the number of sons of school coaches I've coached over the years (have one, so far, on my current team -- two others tried out) I feel like that's more tangible than the success our players have had over the last three decades. It's competitive.

They lost their ass. Their most ineffective member was the only winner, and he hasn't had a voice on anything other than some talk of being more specific in the dress code. LOL

Pretty sure all that's going to do is move the MS dress code language in line with the HS dress code language.

The tide against them is rising locally. They didn't seize their moment in Carmel.
Yea if only those darn facts hadn't gotten in your way.

My daughter has She\her after her name on instagram. Makes me laugh every time I see it
My daughter had 3 insta accounts at one point. Apparently they have a name, finsta (fake instagram)

Just got to get her to college. TWo more years.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT