ADVERTISEMENT

Carlyle committed

I love the pickup. My only minor concern is that Rice and Carlyle have reputations for shooting a lot of long 2s. That said, getting Cupps and Galloway out of the starting lineup was paramount for next year. Having two guys come in who can create for themselves and others should be a lot of fun to watch.

I love the pickup. My only minor concern is that Rice and Carlyle have reputations for shooting a lot of long 2s. That said, getting Cupps and Galloway out of the starting lineup was paramount for next year. Having two guys come in who can create for themselves and others should be a lot of fun to watch.
Cupps may just surprise you

Yea, but IU still needs a backup for him. Malik though he can play the 5, isn't one.

3 left, get two defensive bigs and a shooter ..
I’d get another combo guard, a shooter, and a big.

I would think if someone offered a guy 300-400k and said look you have to compete for minutes, he’d take that over 100-200k and a starting spot.

I’d get another combo guard, a shooter, and a big.

I would think if someone offered a guy 300-400k and said look you have to compete for minutes, he’d take that over 100-200k and a starting spot.
Need three post defenders .... we only have one. Third one is just insurance for injury and foul trouble. Maybe get a project big or something ..

Regardless.... We have a f**king backcourt! Hell yea..

I agree that Cupps may have a Braden Smith-like jump next year in terms of 3-point percentage. I wouldn't be surprised if Mgbako and Cupps both shot over 42%.
With the talent around them you have to think they'll be wide open an awful lot.

I know many here don't like Woodson's system but IU will be hard to guard just on talent alone.

With the talent around them you have to think they'll be wide open an awful lot.

I know many here don't like Woodson's system but IU will be hard to guard just on talent alone.

True, their catch-and-shoot percentages are high. We haven't had this much talent, from top to bottom, in over a decade. And we still have 3 scholarships, and hopefully 3 money bags, left.

Last edited:
Very happy that Carlyle was locked in for a while and just wanted to visit campus before announcing. Rice and Carlyles FG% aren't the prettiest but having players that are willing to shoot will be a welcome change from hand-offs at the top of the key ending up in Treys hand.
I agree that Cupps may have a Braden Smith-like jump next year in terms of 3-point percentage. I wouldn't be surprised if Mgbako and Cupps both shot over 42%.
Mgbako would flirt with 20 ppg if he shot 42% from 3. Sign me up.

Last edited:
... but having players that are willing to shoot will be a welcome change from hand-offs at the top of the key ending up in Treys hand.

Heck, a welcome change from the late Knight years of pump-fake*pump-fake*pump-fake*pump*pump* when time was running out and no defender was going for it since they had a big lead and didn't want to foul.

Specifically referring to the Duke game when everyone was screaming SHOOT! EFFING SHOOT THE BALL! for several trips of pump faking wasting clock, until Todd Leary came in and went catch*shoot*catch*shoot*catch*shoot and we still ran out of time, after the long wasted time from fear of shooting by everyone else.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT