ADVERTISEMENT

CAM

Kyser123

Sophomore
Feb 16, 2019
Through my work I had a meeting with a Dayton native , and grad. I jokingly said we ( IU fans) were still deciding if we wanted to send him back. He responded “ we don’t want him back “. I said why and he stated “ if you watched his last couple of seasons , you could see he was losing his teams”. Kind of sounds like our last couple of seasons. Not being critical , just thought it was an interesting perspective.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Through my work I had a meeting with a Dayton native , and grad. I jokingly said we ( IU fans) were still deciding if we wanted to send him back. He responded “ we don’t want him back “. I said why and he stated “ if you watched his last couple of seasons , you could see he was losing his teams”. Kind of sounds like our last couple of seasons. Not being critical , just thought it was an interesting perspective.
I’m convinced. :rolleyes:

I live in Dayton, know many UD fans, and attended several UD games when Miller coached, and I think it’s a minor miracle you met the only UD fan to have a negative take on Miller. I’ve honestly never met a single UD fan that wasn’t happy with Miller. Not one.

Was that his 26-11 team or his 27-9 team?

I live in Dayton, know many UD fans, and attended several UD games when Miller coached, and I think it’s a minor miracle you met the only UD fan to have a negative take on Miller. I’ve honestly never met a single UD fan that wasn’t happy with Miller. Not one.
He wasn’t negative. Just stating happy where program is , but Miller was descending last 1-2 years. And he has most our teams the last 2 years. Just an observation.

Was that his 26-11 team or his 27-9 team?

giphy.gif

He wasn’t negative. Just stating happy where program is , but Miller was descending last 1-2 years. And he has most our teams the last 2 years. Just an observation.
He wasn’t descending at all. The guy’s take is weird and an extreme outlier.

Shocking he can’t reach tide records with IU resources. Yet, Dayton is a 2 seed. Must’ve been a quicker major rebuild for Dayton following the huge loss of Miller.

Yeah, funny how that works, huh?

I mean, Grant followed Miller, who left for Indiana because of his success.
Miller followed Crean, who was fired for lack of success, diminished recruiting, and a general garbage culture.

So who do you think had the tougher row to hoe regarding a rebuild...?

Or maybe you didn't think out your BS position on this very carefully here...

Last edited:
Yeah, funny how that works, huh?

I mean Grant followed Miller, who left for Indiana because of his success.
Miller followed Crean, who was fired for lack of success, diminished recruiting, and a general garbage culture.

So who do you think had the tougher row to hoe regarding a rebuild...?

Or maybe you didn't think your BS position out on this very carefully here...
Ah yes , the apologist is back.

Shocking he can’t reach tide records with IU resources. Yet, Dayton is a 2 seed. Must’ve been a quicker major rebuild for Dayton following the huge loss of Miller.
Miller left a well coached team and some decent recruits and they play in the Atlantic 10. It’s a good league and all, but it’s not the Big Ten. Your logic is flawed.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
I work for a power broker in UD athletics and know for a fact they were prepared to pay him more than we offered.

Did i say you did? You are making the UD fan shit up, though.

Leave the straw men alone.
So many conspiracist on here. You’re an idiot. Yeah, I was sitting around bored at work today and decided to make a story up. Maybe you need some alone time with your CAM bobble head doll.

So many conspiracist on here. You’re an idiot. Yeah, I was sitting around bored at work today and decided to make a story up. Maybe you need some alone time with your CAM bobble head doll.
Thanks for admitting it. The clincher was how quickly you tried to steer the discussion to last season.
Leave those straw men alone.

Reactions: Vern Pain
I work for a power broker in UD athletics and know for a fact they were prepared to pay him more than we offered.
Keyser’s post is a joke. UD and UD fans didn’t want to lose him. I’m happy for them that they’re doing well now too. Obi is probably the best player they’ve had in years. They’re enjoying this season for sure.

Thanks for admitting it. The clincher was how quickly you tried to steer the discussion to last season.
Leave those straw men alone.
And after next season , Crean can’t be the excuse. And for the record, we’re a bubble team. Maybe give him an extension for that. But based off your handle , I’ll just assume you’re a 14 years old boy sitting around looking at your sports illustrated swimsuit issue , eating cotton candy. Clearly , you know nothing of hoops.

And after next season , Crean can’t be the excuse. And for the record, we’re a bubble team. Maybe give him an extension for that. But based off your handle , I’ll just assume you’re a 14 years old boy sitting around looking at your sports illustrated swimsuit issue , eating cotton candy. Clearly , you know nothing of hoops.
That post was nothing but straw men.

You understand Dayton is more successful now, right?
This season is a great season. They’ll have more good seasons in the future, but this is the kind of season that doesn’t happen in Dayton very often. Do you think you’re saying something profound with your post?

Reactions: MrBing
And after next season , Crean can’t be the excuse.

Wait...AFTER next season Crean can't be the excuse...? So...in two years...? When Al Durham and Justin Smith are no longer on the roster?

Seems reasonable.

Maybe it would be a good idea to revisit where Archie is then...or continue to bloviate about how some random (and likely made up) Dayton fan doesn't want to take back their former coach.

Last edited:
And yet another deflection. Crean would be proud.

This season is a great season. They’ll have more good seasons in the future, but this is the kind of season that doesn’t happen in Dayton very often. Do you think you’re saying something profound with your post?
Yes- the bar is set higher at Dayton. You and your apologist friends are the reason why with your silly excuses. Watch Dayton play- very team oriented and unselfish basketball. What Indiana used to be. Their future is brighter. Will be interesting to hear your excuses next season.

Sick burns Kyser. Did you start a new thread to unload some of your new material?

You understand the Jrs and Srs on that Dayton team are Archie's recruits, while the freshmen and Sophomores here are Archie's recruits? He didn't recruit any of the kids that were committed to Dayton when he left. So, do you think a roster put together (in more than 2 years) by Miller would be a more competitive roster or the roster ranked 13th in the B10 in average recruiting ranking with one legit post player (Morgan), no PG, Sr SG, and bunch of tweeners? Don't get me wrong. Grant has done a great job continuing their momentum, but don't even attempt to argue CAM didn't set that up. Dayton's most talented player is Obi Toppin....an Archie recruit. Archie built them into a nationally successful program (making the tourney every year, and he coached a team down to 7 scholorship players to the elite 8).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakkasan29
Yes
You understand Dayton is more successful now, right?
Yes, and he was probably pissed when Archie abandoned his favorite team, only to continue disparaging him now that he feels they have a better coach. It might be one of those, “We didn’t really like you at the end, anyway, so there!” type of things.

Why don't you take your boredom and put it to good use. Compare the roster and incoming recruits CAM took over here vs the ones he left at Dayton? Look at the roster he took over at Dayton (and his first few years record) vs how he started at Dayton (ftr, they weren't very good for more than a decade pre-Archie...then they became annual tourney team!)? I know you won't, cause your entire point is to illogically bash him, but who knows? Maybe you will add a little depth to your argument of "He can't win every game with non-B10 level Sr and Jr classes!". Ok....we all know that! If you have actual reasons to not want him to be our coach, please list them. Changing coaches after 3 years is no way to build a program.

Why don't you take your boredom and put it to good use. Compare the roster and incoming recruits CAM took over here vs the ones he left at Dayton? Look at the roster he took over at Dayton (and his first few years record) vs how he started at Dayton (ftr, they weren't very good for more than a decade pre-Archie...then they became annual tourney team!)? I know you won't, cause your entire point is to illogically bash him, but who knows? Maybe you will add a little depth to your argument of "He can't win every game with non-B10 level Sr and Jr classes!". Ok....we all know that! If you have actual reasons to not want him to be our coach, please list them. Changing coaches after 3 years is no way to build a program.
Fundamentals
Defense
No discipline
Can’t shoot
Can’t make free throws
Horrible at critical game moments
Like I’ve said - after next year the Crean excuses no longer hold any truth. And based off of what Fred said, he’s failing. This should not be a 10 project. And UK fires Gillespie after 2-3 years and hired Cal. How did that work out? CAM is becoming Crean 2.0.

Fundamentals
Defense
No discipline
Can’t shoot
Can’t make free throws
Horrible at critical game moments
Like I’ve said - after next year the Crean excuses no longer hold any truth. And based off of what Fred said, he’s failing. This should not be a 10 project. And UK fires Gillespie after 2-3 years and hired Cal. How did that work out? CAM is becoming Crean 2.0.
I really don't blame you for steering this thread away from your original post after it was revealed as being a big pile of BS.

9 days left on this board, btw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT