ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Snubbed

DDE-6-20-23

Sophomore
Feb 15, 2024
This DEI crap has gone too far. IDK why she got left off the team. Politics? I wonder how many of these girls on the roster actually give a crap about the USA. Also, growing up the Olympics were a big deal, has that luster completely worn off?

Another article

Last edited:
The Didn't Earn It crowd just can't stand a player who isn't black or a butch ass lesbian in their league. It's as simple as that.
The draw alone would have been incredible. Imagine the ticket prices with her on the roster. It makes zero sense. That may have been the most exciting ticket for every single event over there.

She played a full NCAA season, playing a ton of minutes, now a full WNBA season also a ton of minutes. She couldn't attend the trials. Almost everyone on the team are people who have been on it for years.

Boston also did not make it, she was NCAA player of the year in 22, and WNBA Rookie of the year in 23, and attended camp.

Frankly it will be nice to watch the Olympics without breaking coverage of how Clark had her eggs cooked. I don't know the last athlete this over exposed, maybe Ali? Even Bo Jackson wasn't covered near as much as Clark.

She played a full NCAA season, playing a ton of minutes, now a full WNBA season also a ton of minutes. She couldn't attend the trials. Almost everyone on the team are people who have been on it for years.

Boston also did not make it, she was NCAA player of the year in 22, and WNBA Rookie of the year in 23, and attended camp.

Frankly it will be nice to watch the Olympics without breaking coverage of how Clark had her eggs cooked. I don't know the last athlete this over exposed, maybe Ali? Even Bo Jackson wasn't covered near as much as Clark.
Well hell, I wasn't thinking about how her eggs would be cooked, LOLOL but you have a point.

Maybe Jordan? The first dream team?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Makes absolutely no sense Marv.

Last edited:

Interesting analysis Mr Martian. The fact that the NCAA tournament runs right into the draft and then WNBA season is quite crazy for rookies. Sure they only play like 1-2 times a week, as opposed to the males but it has to be mentally draining at the very least. Tacking the olympics on top of that is a lot to ask of anyone.

Sure, in a vacuum Clark should be on the team. But fairly or unfair to Clark the coach has the weigh the team dynamics of dropping Clark into that mess. Marv you might be excited about the idea that no Clark on the team means less drama, but what it means for most of us is the sport reverts back to "Oh the women's team is on? I think I'll go clean my bathroom". So it's another example of Women's basketball cutting off it's nose to spite it's face.

The attacks on Caitlin Clark by her peers come from a place of profound insecurity. Insecurity about their wealth. Insecurity about their own ability. Insecurity about their own appearance and sexuality. Add in some simmering racial resentment and voila, she's being alienated.

Did you guys see that Chennedy mongoloid that went after Clark the other day? What was that thing? It looked like it crawled out from under a rock.

Clark just needs to keep her head down, which it seems like she's doing. She didn't ask for this notoriety and the treatment of her has been spectacularly unfair. But if she just keeps getting better and doesn't take the bait in five years she'll be the best player in the league and that will demand the respect of teammates and opponents alike.

Fix your shit WNBA. You've illustrated with this Clark nonsense that you still don't deserve to be taken seriously yet.

Last edited:
This DEI crap has gone too far. IDK why she got left off the team. Politics? I wonder how many of these girls on the roster actually give a crap about the USA. Also, growing up the Olympics were a big deal, has that luster completely worn off?

Another article

She wasn’t snubbed. I’m not sure who among those should be left off. She will have plenty of time to represent her country. She honestly needs the rest time. She went straight from Iowa to the WNBA. She’s looked tired in some of the games. I wanted her to be on, but may be for the best.

She wasn’t snubbed. I’m not sure who among those should be left off. She will have plenty of time to represent her country. She honestly needs the rest time. She went straight from Iowa to the WNBA. She’s looked tired in some of the games. I wanted her to be on, but may be for the best.
The 42 year old Taurasi is on the team, right? CC is better.

She freakin hit for 30 last night and tied a rookie record? Tired? She would prolly love the oppty.

Sooo you don’t think she wanted to be play in the Olympics?

Another article

Too bad. The French would have loved her whine.

Boston has sucked this season. Apparently they only want flag kneelers to represent the USA at the Olympics.

You don't care about Clark, you just want this to put on your GOP colors and bash others. It is all you do here.

I admit to having an anti Clark bias. She was public enemy number 1, every bit as much as a Chris Weber or Brian Cardinal. Heck, even now her minutes come at the expense of Berger's. I bet I have seen Clark in person more than you. We saw every Iowa game at Assembly Hall, and in the two years she played in the BTT in Indy.

She is a great shot, and has a good touch on her pass. She is not a good defender, and can show up her teammates.

The UConn coach had a great quote in the last two days, he said her biggest weakness is her fans. They said she would dominate the WNBA out of the gate. The older WNBA players correctly saw that as an insult. So they really focus on defending her and they do so physically. She lacks the quickness to escape.

To me she is Steve Alford 2.0. much better range, but dependent on help to get shots. Curry could generate his own far better.

Next year she will be stronger, if you watch a fever game compare her to Berger. Clark gets a little stronger, picks up new ways to get space, she will be much better. Right now, she isn't the best player in the world. Not close. And if Bueckers from UConn didn't have two major injuries, I am not sure she would have been the best player in college this year. Freshman year, I thought Bueckers was better.

Let her learn the WNBA and she will get to great, but she isn't right now. Her assist to TO is 1.1/1. Haliburton just had a 4.6/1 season. Three pt % for Clark is 33%. Not great. They have a short pre season, not a lot of time getting comfortable. Frankly letting her sub her first couple of games might have helped her growth a lot. But politically that wasn't possible.

While this thread has already had some real knee-slappers, I look for it to be a source of many more hilarious hot takes from the MAGA operatives and bots in the coming days.
The emotions will be flowing.

While this thread has already had some real knee-slappers, I look for it to be a source of many more hilarious hot takes from the MAGA operatives and bots in the coming days.
The emotions will be flowing.
Sigh

As I said up top, would there be a hotter ticket at the Olympics with her on the women's team? It's a big deal IMO.

You don't care about Clark, you just want this to put on your GOP colors and bash others. It is all you do here.

I admit to having an anti Clark bias. She was public enemy number 1, every bit as much as a Chris Weber or Brian Cardinal. Heck, even now her minutes come at the expense of Berger's. I bet I have seen Clark in person more than you. We saw every Iowa game at Assembly Hall, and in the two years she played in the BTT in Indy.

She is a great shot, and has a good touch on her pass. She is not a good defender, and can show up her teammates.

The UConn coach had a great quote in the last two days, he said her biggest weakness is her fans. They said she would dominate the WNBA out of the gate. The older WNBA players correctly saw that as an insult. So they really focus on defending her and they do so physically. She lacks the quickness to escape.

To me she is Steve Alford 2.0. much better range, but dependent on help to get shots. Curry could generate his own far better.

Next year she will be stronger, if you watch a fever game compare her to Berger. Clark gets a little stronger, picks up new ways to get space, she will be much better. Right now, she isn't the best player in the world. Not close. And if Bueckers from UConn didn't have two major injuries, I am not sure she would have been the best player in college this year. Freshman year, I thought Bueckers was better.

Let her learn the WNBA and she will get to great, but she isn't right now. Her assist to TO is 1.1/1. Haliburton just had a 4.6/1 season. Three pt % for Clark is 33%. Not great. They have a short pre season, not a lot of time getting comfortable. Frankly letting her sub her first couple of games might have helped her growth a lot. But politically that wasn't possible.
My understanding is the Fever are a hot mess, as you expect from a team with the #1 pick in any sport. Poor efficiency numbers is the name of the game from star players in that scenario especially when you're being doubled and guarded physically. And poor Assist/ Turnover stems from that as well.

I don't think anyone would argue that Plum doesn't belong on the team but their numbers are near identical so far this year.

Surrounding her with the best players in the world would undoubtedly see her become a more efficient player, she would probably thrive. Alford 2.0 is a ridiculously unfair comparison and you know it. If you wanted to demonstrate that at times she still needs help getting her own shot (even though she's the best shooter of the dribble the game has ever seen) then Ray Allen or Reggie Miller 2.0 would have been more fair.

Thank you! It’s been hard for me cheering for her, but I’m getting there. I’m sure you and I have seen her more than anyone else here. And you are absolutely correct in saying she’s not one of the best players right now. She definitely has to put on some weight and get stronger. I think she’s an elite passer, but she’s had way too many turnovers. I don’t know the other players on the Olympic team that well, but I’d be surprised if Caitlin is better than any of them at this point. It’s probably best for her physically to have some time off and probably will help with the jealousy thing, that would have been even worse had people thought she didn’t deserve it. Some of the things I’ve noticed with her in the league I’ve kind of secretly laughed at. Didn’t we say for years she got away with murder and no one can breathe on her? Now they are tackling her and not always getting called. She’s always complained and is still doing so, but now she’s actually getting techs called. And she’s getting called for that push off she got away with all during college. I think she will become a great player in the league for years, but she’s not there yet. I’m so glad she’s with the Fever, as she’s going to be great for the city. But the whole Caitlin Mania needs to calm down a little, and I think even she would agree. It’s a lot.

Sigh

As I said up top, would there be a hotter ticket at the Olympics with her on the women's team? It's a big deal IMO.
So? Those games are sold out anyway. It will be a hot ticket when she’s on the team in 4 years.

My understanding is the Fever are a hot mess, as you expect from a team with the #1 pick in any sport. Poor efficiency numbers is the name of the game from star players in that scenario especially when you're being doubled and guarded physically. And poor Assist/ Turnover stems from that as well.

I don't think anyone would argue that Plum doesn't belong on the team but their numbers are near identical so far this year.

Surrounding her with the best players in the world would undoubtedly see her become a more efficient player, she would probably thrive. Alford 2.0 is a ridiculously unfair comparison and you know it. If you wanted to demonstrate that at times she still needs help getting her own shot (even though she's the best shooter of the dribble the game has ever seen) then Ray Allen or Reggie Miller 2.0 would have been more fair.
She is a much better passer than Steve ever was. She just nails those Court long ones.

Surrounding anyone with the best players would make them better, that is not unique to Clark.

She hasn't proved herself in the pros. I sure don't recall Miller playing in the 1988 Olympics. Nor the 1992.

I don't know about Plum, I don't follow the WNBA very much. I watch some Fever games, and check their box scores after every game. But Clark is not, today, great. Reggie wasn't great enough in 88 either.

It may have been a mistake. But this team has dominated women's basketball internationally. Maybe they also know what they are doing. When she didn't make the camp, there were a lot of stories that it would impact her chances. She wanted to go, but it was final four weekend.

Thank you! It’s been hard for me cheering for her, but I’m getting there. I’m sure you and I have seen her more than anyone else here. And you are absolutely correct in saying she’s not one of the best players right now. She definitely has to put on some weight and get stronger. I think she’s an elite passer, but she’s had way too many turnovers. I don’t know the other players on the Olympic team that well, but I’d be surprised if Caitlin is better than any of them at this point. It’s probably best for her physically to have some time off and probably will help with the jealousy thing, that would have been even worse had people thought she didn’t deserve it. Some of the things I’ve noticed with her in the league I’ve kind of secretly laughed at. Didn’t we say for years she got away with murder and no one can breathe on her? Now they are tackling her and not always getting called. She’s always complained and is still doing so, but now she’s actually getting techs called. And she’s getting called for that push off she got away with all during college. I think she will become a great player in the league for years, but she’s not there yet. I’m so glad she’s with the Fever, as she’s going to be great for the city. But the whole Caitlin Mania needs to calm down a little, and I think even she would agree. It’s a lot.

I still have no real interest in Clark, when Berger is cut I am done paying attention to the Fever. I am far more interested in college and high school ball than pro for men and women.

Surrounding anyone with the best players would make them better, that is not unique to Clark.

She hasn't proved herself in the pros. I sure don't recall Miller playing in the 1988 Olympics. Nor the 1992.

I don't know about Plum, I don't follow the WNBA very much. I watch some Fever games, and check their box scores after every game. But Clark is not, today, great. Reggie wasn't great enough in 88 either.

It may have been a mistake. But this team has dominated women's basketball internationally. Maybe they also know what they are doing. When she didn't make the camp, there were a lot of stories that it would impact her chances. She wanted to go, but it was final four weekend.
What do you mean, she didn't attend trials? Are you saying people are accusing her of being subbed for a team she didn't even try out for?

What do you mean, she didn't attend trials? Are you saying people are accusing her of being subbed for a team she didn't even try out for?

They can take players that do not attend, but it is recommended to go. She couldn't since it was FF weekend. If she had came out of the gate fast, I suspect that would have made a difference.

I still have no real interest in Clark, when Berger is cut I am done paying attention to the Fever. I am far more interested in college and high school ball than pro for men and women.
If it was any other time but summer, I probably wouldn’t, but I don’t follow baseball and so it’s nice to have something to watch. Took my nephew to a Fever game last week. They got killed but we still had a good time. Seems like more of an event, than a competition. People stayed until the end and were loudly cheering even when down 20 or more. Enjoy seeing all the kids and families. Most of the games are on tv so I’ve seen several. I imagine I’ll continue to have a passing interest. But man, Fever are really bad. Not sure about their coach.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
This isn't exactly High School Baseball tryouts. The Mens team didn't even have tryouts. And if they did what would you expect Steve Kerr to do if LeBron or Curry showed up and played crappy?

"Sorry Gents, that just wasn't good enough, see you in four years"

Marv seems to be conflating the fact that Clark isn't the best player in the WNBA yet, or even Top 5. With the idea she wasn't good enough to be on the roster, which she was.

This isn't exactly High School Baseball tryouts. The Mens team didn't even have tryouts. And if they did what would you expect Steve Kerr to do if LeBron or Curry showed up and played crappy?

Marv seems to be conflating the fact that Clark isn't the best player in the WNBA yet, or even Top 5. With the idea she wasn't good enough to be on the roster, which she was.
I am curious, how closely do you follow women's basketball. I don't recall you in the older threads. I don't know she was or was not good enough. But her stats do not slam the door on the idea she is not.

You have the biggest draw in the history of the sports and it's not even close. She's better than at least several of those that made it. If you care about women's basketball at all you find a spot for her.

Reactions: kmathum
You have the biggest draw in the history of the sports and it's not even close. She's better than at least several of those that made it. If you care about women's basketball at all you find a spot for her.
Who do you think she is better than? You mentioned Diana Taurasi but her stats are still pretty good. I honestly don’t know many of them, but I do know physicality wise from watching nearly all of the Fever games, that Clark has some work to do.

200w.gif

I am curious, how closely do you follow women's basketball. I don't recall you in the older threads. I don't know she was or was not good enough. But her stats do not slam the door on the idea she is not.
Clark is a phenomenal talent, but I don't think it's all that controversial to suggest that she isn't one of top 10 American players yet. If you're in in the mix after that top 10, it's about availability, experience in international play, position, roster fit, coaching style and beyond. And if it's close a coach is likely to take a more experienced player.

It would be super fun for catturd to break down the sets the American women's team runs and why Clark is a slam dunk roster fit above all other candidates...as though these complaints are actually about basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT