ADVERTISEMENT

C J Gunn

Willdog7

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2021
C J Gunn looks really good in his summer workout video. I would like to see CMW give him and Banks all the chances they can handle. Keep the last scholarship for next year.

C J Gunn looks really good in his summer workout video. I would like to see CMW give him and Banks all the chances they can handle. Keep the last scholarship for next year.
Gunn is more likely but Banks spot is pretty crowded.

These are the videos that should be shown when idiots post that these guys (Leal, Gunn….anyone) should be in a gym 24/7 working on their game cuz that’s what Alford, Kitchel did….great to see he is working on his game and even better to see a video during the off season because there is so little news coming out

But I also take this news with a grain of salt as we have seen/heard of these videos/news before ……Jerome Hunter doing rehab, Leal/Bates taking 500 shots a day and so on. I think Gunn is very important for us cuz he is from Indiana, knows what it means to wear the cream and crimson (as does Leal) and as the staff continues to recruit top talent, hope the don’t forget about the home grown talent that may not be a 4 or 5 star recruit

These are the videos that should be shown when idiots post that these guys (Leal, Gunn….anyone) should be in a gym 24/7 working on their game cuz that’s what Alford, Kitchel did….great to see he is working on his game and even better to see a video during the off season because there is so little news coming out

But I also take this news with a grain of salt as we have seen/heard of these videos/news before ……Jerome Hunter doing rehab, Leal/Bates taking 500 shots a day and so on. I think Gunn is very important for us cuz he is from Indiana, knows what it means to wear the cream and crimson (as does Leal) and as the staff continues to recruit top talent, hope the don’t forget about the home grown talent that may not be a 4 or 5 star recruit
He certainly looks the part. He was always a developmental type imho. I hope he takes that second year jump.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
The scholarship will be kept for next year regardless, because we’ll get a grad transfer. Right now our starting lineup will likely have 3 inexperienced starters and I think the staff would love to have a good 5th year guy to add experience to the lineup.

Reactions: Willdog7
We could see Banks leaving the team. Just as we get guys in the portal, we lose guys to the portal.
I think Banks works with CC and sees a big jump in his game this season... He actually looked like he had a clue as to what he was trying to accomplish out there when he was on the floor last season (sure couldn't say that about Gunn or the guys that went to the Portal)...

I think Banks works with CC and sees a big jump in his game this season... He actually looked like he had a clue as to what he was trying to accomplish out there when he was on the floor last season (sure couldn't say that about Gunn or the guys that went to the Portal)...
Who is banks going to take time from? If he plays more than 10 min a game it means those 5* guys are overrated. Biggest need is at the 3 spot. Is he quick enough to switch off a wing to a guard? This is the biggest question of the season above shooting. Does IU have the quickness at that spot to guard multiple spots.

Who is banks going to take time from? If he plays more than 10 min a game it means those 5* guys are overrated. Biggest need is at the 3 spot. Is he quick enough to switch off a wing to a guard? This is the biggest question of the season above shooting. Does IU have the quickness at that spot to guard multiple spots.
I can't imagine Banks is too happy.

I think the days of starters logging 35-40 mpg is long gone as these seniors have departed.

I see nothing wrong with most starters getting 20-25 mpg leaving 15-20 mpg for a handful of bench guys most nights as this IU team looks to play up tempo.

Reactions: Willdog7 and 76-1
I think the days of starters logging 35-40 mpg is long gone as these seniors have departed.

I see nothing wrong with most starters getting 20-25 mpg leaving 15-20 mpg for a handful of bench guys most nights as this IU team looks to play up tempo.
Hope they are good enough. Today you have a scoring lineup and a don’t lose the lead lineup. Defense in that second group is more important than scoring a bunch. If you can have both..great.

Should keep guys more healthy and injury free as well. Playing >35 min/game over the whole season takes a toll.

Should keep guys more healthy and injury free as well. Playing >35 min/game over the whole season takes a toll.
It does? NBA guys do it. LBJ for instance averaged 35-38 min a game. I’m not sure I buy it.

i have no problem at all with Trey or Gunn or Leal or the freshman at the 2 guard.

this never ending quest for greener grass is not healthy for college athletics.

There are always exceptional cases but "load management" is most definitely a thing in the NBA.
Not anymore. Go look at rosters of all the nba teams. Load management as limiting minutes. They might sit some unimportant games. you will see many 33-40 min average guys.

Well our grass has had dog shit in for 20 years. This new age college basketball looks like the masters grass to me.

your idiocy is showing.

the nature of college sports was never the problem.

the complete and total idiots running IU athletics over that span was the problem.

when Sampson was hired, i posted that very day here that IU just put an NCAA target on the backs of every sport at IU, and it was inevitable what happened would happen.

and on que, it did.

ever since Davis was let go, the non total idiot branch of Hoosier nation has clamored for Wittman or Woodson or even Alford, all of whom were far better fits and more qualified than the choices the administrations went with, for reasons no sane person can figure out.

personally, i lobbied everyday on here for Wittman after Davis and after Sampson, and Wittman or Woodson after Crean and Miller.

what the h*ll were the administrations thinking.

total incompetence beyond belief, as Wittman and Woodson were far more qualified than anyone we went with each time, with far more recruiting cachet.

college sports as we knew it was never the problem.

that model produced 5 NCAA championships for IU by the way, and teams fun to root for the other yrs.

the problem was those running IU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT