ADVERTISEMENT

Bye week

I was wondering if anyone was aware how teams schedule practice during the bye week? I am assuming they are designed for healing and refining but was curious. Thanks
Don't know this for fact, but if I were Coaching, here is how i would handle it, give everyone 2 days away to refresh themselves. With respect to the guys who are playing a lot, keep it very light to let them recover from the accumulated bumps and bruises and soreness. Go back to some fundamental drills to reinforce basics or emphasize the things You see on film that need to be specifically addressed. I would also consider holding a controlled scrimmage for the guys who haven't played much if at all. get a look at Them under those conditions and get a better idea of what guys can help you with depth for the rest of the Year and what young guys You might use late in the Year under the 4 game red shirt rule. on Sunday, go back to regular weekly Schedule to prepare for Nebraska,

Don't know this for fact, but if I were Coaching, here is how i would handle it, give everyone 2 days away to refresh themselves. With respect to the guys who are playing a lot, keep it very light to let them recover from the accumulated bumps and bruises and soreness. Go back to some fundamental drills to reinforce basics or emphasize the things You see on film that need to be specifically addressed. I would also consider holding a controlled scrimmage for the guys who haven't played much if at all. get a look at Them under those conditions and get a better idea of what guys can help you with depth for the rest of the Year and what young guys You might use late in the Year under the 4 game red shirt rule. on Sunday, go back to regular weekly Schedule to prepare for Nebraska,
Yeah, I’d think they might want to work they guys that don’t play much pretty good this week.

I am assuming a day or two off from practice for rehab and recovery. A heavy dose of film study this week. Then next week probably back to normal game week.
I have always felt coming off of a bye week was an advantage to that team - healing nagging injuries, longer film study. I don’t know if the team looks at it like that.
We played two teams coming off of their bye week, UCLA and NW.
Now we get a bye week to better prepare for a game, but again, another opponent (Nebraska) is coming off a bye week. So our bye week does not give us a game advantage.

In his latest interview, CCC seemed to indicate this week would be focused on fixing things that needed to be fixed and next week would be total Nebraska prep.
GoHoosiers

Reactions: midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT