ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Broadcast Suggestion

Fred C. Dobbs

Freshman
Aug 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I just watched the broadcast on ESPN2 of USWNT vs Columbia from Exploria stadium in Orlando. The stadium was virtually empty. The lead announcer was Sebastian Salazar, who is at least bilingual. He was able to report intructions from Columbian coaches to on-field players and intra-player talk. I found that reporting what was said enhanced my experience watching the football game.

So, since B!G arenas are virtually empty and since there is no language barrier other than coachspeak, why don't B1G announcers and analysts report on verbal communications between coaches and players? Knowing what Fran was yelling to the Iowa defence would have been very interesting.

A few years ago Dakich and Greenberg were doing the IU-Illinois game. Dakich was assigned to Groce; Greenberg was assigned to Crean. I thought that listening to the in-game dialogue between each coach and analyst enhanced the viewing experience.

I just watched the broadcast on ESPN2 of USWNT vs Columbia from Exploria stadium in Orlando. The stadium was virtually empty. The lead announcer was Sebastian Salazar, who is at least bilingual. He was able to report intructions from Columbian coaches to on-field players and intra-player talk. I found that reporting what was said enhanced my experience watching the football game.

So, since B!G arenas are virtually empty and since there is no language barrier other than coachspeak, why don't B1G announcers and analysts report on verbal communications between coaches and players? Knowing what Fran was yelling to the Iowa defence would have been very interesting.

A few years ago Dakich and Greenberg were doing the IU-Illinois game. Dakich was assigned to Groce; Greenberg was assigned to Crean. I thought that listening to the in-game dialogue between each coach and analyst enhanced the viewing experience.
Greatest movie ever made.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT