ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News: Reaction Score Announcement

I hit a home run on the football board this morning, reaction score wise-- 20+ and climbing. It was a totally benign, non-confrontational, non-controversial post. Very very weird.
Yeah, but you cheated. Using “routinely“ and “consistently” in the same sentence about IU football always produces hard ons.

Reactions: UncleMark
Notre Dame has never bothered me all that much, but the deification of their football program deserves a huge eyeroll.

I had a plant manager who played LB for ND around '78. Guy was average size, but his hands were massive. He used to get liquored up and get in minor fender-benders with his company car at ND tailgates. lol He was always trying to sell tickets to games, but rarely found takers, and couldn't figure out why we weren't jumping at the chance to go to a ND game.

I have several friends who are huge ND football fans and couldn't care less about their basketball program, because they're IU basketball fans. However, the ones I know didn't graduate from either school.
And I get that. But it’s no different than at OSU, Michigan, Bama, Georgia, etc. Fans of the big time programs, as well as their slobbering media, really, really love and protect their “status.”

IU, UK, UNC, Duke and Kansas fans are no different wrt basketball. Millions probably do a huge eye roll about the deification of IU given we haven’t been relevant in decades.

And I get that. But it’s no different than at OSU, Michigan, Bama, Georgia, etc. Fans of the big time programs, as well as their slobbering media, really, really love and protect their “status.”

IU, UK, UNC, Duke and Kansas fans are no different wrt basketball. Millions probably do a huge eye roll about the deification of IU given we haven’t been relevant in decades.
If this was the Cooler, I'd be crying "Whutabout". lol

And here’s why you’re wrong. First of all, understand I have been a fierce critic of Mike Brown for decades, and I’m hardly unique. Mike Brown’s detractors are legion.

What’s new is the quiet transition of power and control. Brown has slowed down mentally and the reins have been subtly transferred to Katie and others. Mike Brown would never have considered a covered practice facility and spending the money to go out and get some offensive linemen through free agency to protect The Franchise. This has been done by those who now call more of the shots. A lot of the Paul Brown and Mike Brown frugality will never die, but there are some thinkers now who have been biding their time.
Yep. Mike’s granddaughter may be the biggest driving force now. Katie is also very sharp.

It IS the Cooler.
There are a few nutjobs here, but he might be the first who literally doesn't know where he is.

If you become a mod, I think you should impose a requirement that participation is contingent, at a minimum, on orientation to person, place and time.

Reactions: UncleMark
I hit a home run on the football board this morning, reaction score wise-- 20+ and climbing. It was a totally benign, non-confrontational, non-controversial post. Very very weird.
It was a no brainer post about building a new stadium!

And your point is? . . . .
I was under the impression that you used to - before you invested money at ND - chide those who would cheer IU bball, and ND football. In fact, my chiding of you is a product of following your lead in that regard.

If that is a mistaken impression, I apologize.

There are a few nutjobs here, but he might be the first who literally doesn't know where he is.

If you become a mod, I think you should impose a requirement that participation is contingent, at a minimum, on orientation to person, place and time.
It's so nice of you to worry about me!

Yes. That's quite exactly what I meant.

But don't worry, I'm a Colts fan who believe Matty Ice isn't washed.
Matty Ice ain't what he once was . . . but there are times when he can be as good as he once was. Keep him upright . . . and don't let him get hit. Make sure he knows where all of his receivers are, and not just Tony Gonzalez or Julio Jones. He has a tendency to rely too much on his go-to.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Matty Ice ain't what he once was . . . but there are times when he can be as good as he once was. Keep him upright . . . and don't let him get hit. Make sure he knows where all of his receivers are, and not just Tony Gonzalez or Julio Jones. He has a tendency to rely too much on his go-to.
I'll make sure I grab Michael Pittman in the fantasy draft this year.

Yeah, the Colts O line is really good so I suspect he'll stay clean. Can he still get the ball down the field though? That was the problem Rivers had.

I'll make sure I grab Michael Pittman in the fantasy draft this year.

Yeah, the Colts O line is really good so I suspect he'll stay clean. Can he still get the ball down the field though? That was the problem Rivers had.
How much time is there during the play?

He can get the ball down the field all right . . . but it might take a while. Think Peyton Ramsey his sophomore year.

I remember when Ryan was a senior playing for Boston College during an ACC game at GA Tech. GA Tech's defense wasn't bad and Ryan carved them up pretty badly with his passing. He threw darts. He hasn't done that in a while . . . and his escapability is pretty good . . . for a geezer IF he decides not to stay in the pocket and take the sack if he can't get the ball away. He has a tendency to lock onto a receiver and throw to him, come hell or high water.

He's definitely an upgrade from Rivers, but he ain't Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes. He's more like a second or third tier Tom Brady. If that's good enough for you, then you'll be pleased.

How much time is there during the play?

He can get the ball down the field all right . . . but it might take a while. Think Peyton Ramsey his sophomore year.

I remember when Ryan was a senior playing for Boston College during an ACC game at GA Tech. GA Tech's defense wasn't bad and Ryan carved them up pretty badly with his passing. He threw darts. He hasn't done that in a while . . . and his escapability is pretty good . . . for a geezer IF he decides not to stay in the pocket and take the sack if he can't get the ball away. He has a tendency to lock onto a receiver and throw to him, come hell or high water.

He's definitely an upgrade from Rivers, but he ain't Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes. He's more like a second or third tier Tom Brady. If that's good enough for you, then you'll be pleased.
We'll see. The Colts running game is so good and the defense should be even better this year.

Not to say he needs to be a game manager type b/c that didn't work with Wentz, but he needs to not turn the ball over (which he doesn't really) and score enough to allow the defense to tee off.

I'm excited actually. He's a huge upgrade over Wentz and Rivers. He's getting up there though which means the cliff is coming.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
. . . but he needs to not turn the ball over (which he doesn't really) . . . .
Ummmmmmm . . . he can turn it over any way you want from a QB. Pocket fumbles, interceptions . . . .

Here are his stats . . . 12 interceptions in 2021 . . . .

Ummmmmmm . . . he can turn it over any way you want from a QB. Pocket fumbles, interceptions . . . .

Here are his stats . . . 12 interceptions in 2021 . . . .

Well sh!t. Can't think who I had him confused with then.

At least it won't be boring

I was under the impression that you used to - before you invested money at ND - chide those who would cheer IU bball, and ND football. In fact, my chiding of you is a product of following your lead in that regard.

If that is a mistaken impression, I apologize.
What is up with this Hibernian hang-up?

I can’t ever remember being anti-Irish. I can root for IU; I can root for ND. I can root for IU over ND.

You’re aware of Irish Alzheimer’s I assume. We forget everything but the grudges.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT