ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News: Reaction Score Announcement

Comedy GOLD
gold-jerry.gif

For example, I usually attach a haha emoji to DANC's stupid shit. It's funny that, because he has me on ignore, he doesn't realize how big of a part I play in his Reaction Score that I think he actually takes pride in.
Why does anyone care about their reaction score? I know one thing I'm retired and some people that supposedly work have more time to post than I do because they have 5 to 6 times the number of posts that I have. :)

Why does anyone care about their reaction score? I know one thing I'm retired and some people that supposedly work have more time to post than I do because they have 5 to 6 times the number of posts that I have. :)
Spoken like a guy only batting 0.221. But hey, you're above the Mendoza line. ;)

Of course my 0.274 is nothing to write home about. Although someone recently pointed out that us old-timers are at a disadvantage because Rivals counts really old posts from before they even tracked "reactions."

Still, my goal is to get above 0.300 by the time McMickey returns (so give me some love!).

Spoken like a guy only batting 0.221. But hey, you're above the Mendoza line. ;)

Of course my 0.274 is nothing to write home about. Although someone recently pointed out that us old-timers are at a disadvantage because Rivals counts really old posts from before they even tracked "reactions."

Still, my goal is to get above 0.300 by the time McMickey returns (so give me some love!).
I had never looked at mine until someone mentioned it on here. I really don't understand why anyone cares about it.

Reactions: Noodle
I had never looked at mine until someone mentioned it on here. I really don't understand why anyone cares about it.
I'm with you. I didn't realize it was a thing until last week. And what are the "points"? This all reminds me of the short-lived poster ratings someone started a couple years (?) ago. Wasn't it McNuckles who did that?

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Because when there are enough power players, with positive positions, those players will then drive the eventual return to thread mode.

After Dobbs, it’s only a matter of time . . .

I'm with you. I didn't realize it was a thing until last week. And what are the "points"? This all reminds me of the short-lived poster ratings someone started a couple years (?) ago. Wasn't it McNuckles who did that?
I don't know what the points are... seems like everyone has 113.

Good Lord, at least you could get the name right. It's FC Cincinnati (as in FCC) - not Cincinnati FC!
Of course a liberal will be quick to hover towards rooting for a government agency or a team of the same name.

Reactions: DANC
Of course a liberal will be quick to hover towards rooting for a government agency or a team of the same name.
Well at least he's got the Bengals to root for as well. For at least a few years before he realizes Burrow is gonna get Marinoed

Obviously you're not in the IC.

Man we were just starting to get along! And who will I talk to about Southern Charm?? Have a great summer!

Well at least he's got the Bengals to root for as well. For at least a few years before he realizes Burrow is gonna get Marinoed
As in great stats for years but no Super Bowl wins?

Blasphemy.

Yes. That's quite exactly what I meant.

But don't worry, I'm a Colts fan who believe Matty Ice isn't washed.
And here’s why you’re wrong. First of all, understand I have been a fierce critic of Mike Brown for decades, and I’m hardly unique. Mike Brown’s detractors are legion.

What’s new is the quiet transition of power and control. Brown has slowed down mentally and the reins have been subtly transferred to Katie and others. Mike Brown would never have considered a covered practice facility and spending the money to go out and get some offensive linemen through free agency to protect The Franchise. This has been done by those who now call more of the shots. A lot of the Paul Brown and Mike Brown frugality will never die, but there are some thinkers now who have been biding their time.

Reactions: larsIU
That we Hoosier bball fans have become more accepting and tolerant of the reversible jacket wearing folks who walk among us?
Well, maybe. I just find it amusing that some can become so unhinged about some people who also like Notre Dame. Were IU and ND to meet on the gridiron there is no question I would root for IU. I can still go to ND games and root for the Irish. Beautiful campus, fvcking full stadium, great traditions and tailgating, top 20 teams nearly every year and so on. A kid with an MBA from Mendoza. More people in attendance at Commencement than you’ll normally find at an IU game. What’s not to like?

Well, maybe. I just find it amusing that some can become so unhinged about some people who also like Notre Dame. Were IU and ND to meet on the gridiron there is no question I would root for IU. I can still go to ND games and root for the Irish. Beautiful campus, fvcking full stadium, great traditions and tailgating, top 20 teams nearly every year and so on. A kid with an MBA from Mendoza. More people in attendance at Commencement than you’ll normally find at an IU game. What’s not to like?
Rudy

Reactions: Univee2
Notre Dame has never bothered me all that much, but the deification of their football program deserves a huge eyeroll.

I had a plant manager who played LB for ND around '78. Guy was average size, but his hands were massive. He used to get liquored up and get in minor fender-benders with his company car at ND tailgates. lol He was always trying to sell tickets to games, but rarely found takers, and couldn't figure out why we weren't jumping at the chance to go to a ND game.

I have several friends who are huge ND football fans and couldn't care less about their basketball program, because they're IU basketball fans. However, the ones I know didn't graduate from either school.

Reactions: larsIU and Univee2
I thought it worthwhile to make an independent thread to recognize @Univee2 - the greatest campaign manager ever hired, and so that he can retire. Without his endless devotion and effort I wouldn't be able to announce that I now have a positive Reaction Score. Many thanks Univee2. @Bulk VanderHuge and @UncleMark I trust going forward your responses to me will befitting someone of this stature.

With this achievement unlocked I need a break. Today shall be my last day until soccer resumes in the fall. Enjoy your summer water coolerites. Have fun and stay healthy. And @IUJIM if uncle mark becomes a mod this summer I'm counting on you to preserve the soccer thread. He's had his eye on it for some time. If not for me for sgl, jdb, lars, noodle and, most importantly, bulk. It's his legacy here.

Cheers
I hit a home run on the football board this morning, reaction score wise-- 20+ and climbing. It was a totally benign, non-confrontational, non-controversial post. Very very weird.

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT