ADVERTISEMENT

Brady Allen is in the portal

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
I’m not advocating that we look at him (maybe we should)
I just found it interesting that he’s back in the portal after going in this past winter and then reconsidered.
I assume he ended the spring behind the kid they brought in from Texas.

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
I just found it interesting that he’s back in the portal after going in this past winter and then reconsidered.
Him and the true freshman Browne. Idk if it's a bad offensive fit for Brady, or if Brady just isn't as good as hoped. Brohm didn't exactly have a great record of recruiting and developing scholarship QB's.... hope Brady finds success somewhere!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Sounds like he came out of camp as the third QB.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Or Marcia Brady

Cbs Nose GIF by HULU

Him and the true freshman Browne. Idk if it's a bad offensive fit for Brady, or if Brady just isn't as good as hoped. Brohm didn't exactly have a great record of recruiting and developing scholarship QB's.... hope Brady finds success somewhere!
Brady not as good as hyped and has baggage. Attitude problems.

Reactions: BoilerN
He seemed to have fallen out of favor quickly with the new staff. They raved about Browne though. So this wasn't at all shocking. Curious if he goes to Louisville.
nothing new. different coaching staff, changes happen.

Ya. Not sure he was a complete scheme fit for the version of the air raid they have discussed
Be careful calling it “Air Raid”. We have some that will argue tooth and nail about that. Seems more and more will run lots of AR concepts. IU, Wisconsin, Purdue will all run some. I doubt it’s the hal Mumme/leach full on AR. Anyway. Should be interesting.

Be careful calling it “Air Raid”. We have some that will argue tooth and nail about that. Seems more and more will run lots of AR concepts. IU, Wisconsin, Purdue will all run some. I doubt it’s the hal Mumme/leach full on AR. Anyway. Should be interesting.
It isn't Leach. Harrell has said he has a little more balance and runs it slightly different, but Harrell played and coached in the Leach air raid and called it an air raid, as did Walters, so ima call it an air raid and tell them they are wrong. Haha

It isn't Leach. Harrell has said he has a little more balance and runs it slightly different, but Harrell played and coached in the Leach air raid and called it an air raid, as did Walters, so ima call it an air raid and tell them they are wrong. Haha
Everyone does. We have a couple of jack wagons that will argue this stuff to death. It’s his version. Most run the ball more than leach did. That’s the basic difference.

Only people who don’t follow college football would fail to understand the nuances of how these offenses have evolved. They just latch onto to phrases without any real knowledge.

It’s kind of interesting on Brady Allen because he originally entered the transfer portal, and then appeared to re-commit to Purdue after speaking with the new staff. Spring practice must have changed his mind?

I thought Brohm did a great job with the walk on O’Connell. I mean, that kid must’ve been completely under the radar because he was probably in the top two in the conference as far as QB the are concerned.. It seems like most missed on him.

Reactions: indiana ed
Leach and Harrell spent a lot of time together. The stories told at Leach's Celebration of Life were hilarious.

Any scuttlebutt as to whether he’s leaving simply because he wasn’t very high on the depth chart, or was there some other issue for him? Where do you guys think he’s headed? Wouldn’t think he’d be a fit for us but I’m sure there’s a home for him somewhere.

Any scuttlebutt as to whether he’s leaving simply because he wasn’t very high on the depth chart, or was there some other issue for him? Where do you guys think he’s headed? Wouldn’t think he’d be a fit for us but I’m sure there’s a home for him somewhere.
He was passed by a true freshman on the depth chart and competing for third with a walk-on based on Harrells comments this spring.

He was passed by a true freshman on the depth chart and competing for third with a walk-on based on Harrells comments this spring.
Seemed like his entry into and subsequent withdrawal from the portal strongly suggested he wasn’t all on for you guys, so I’m sure you’re not surprised with his departure. Amazing that the two quarterbacks that we and you were after (McCulley and Allen) are never going to contribute at their position at either school. Shows how precarious high school ratings can be and how the college game can really reset everything.

Didn’t he enter the portal under Brohm and then withdraw to give the new staff a chance to look at him? I could have him mixed up.
Brohm left, he entered the portal, came back, went through spring, fell behind the freshman that came to campus early and was competing for 3rd string with a walk-on, saw Purdue was looking for a grad transfer backup, left because he wasn't going to see the field.

Brohm left, he entered the portal, came back, went through spring, fell behind the freshman that came to campus early and was competing for 3rd string with a walk-on, saw Purdue was looking for a grad transfer backup, left because he wasn't going to see the field.
Ok, I had that sideways then.

Seemed like his entry into and subsequent withdrawal from the portal strongly suggested he wasn’t all on for you guys, so I’m sure you’re not surprised with his departure. Amazing that the two quarterbacks that we and you were after (McCulley and Allen) are never going to contribute at their position at either school. Shows how precarious high school ratings can be and how the college game can really reset everything.
I can also recall the hilarious arguments between fan sites about who was the best QB and that our QB (fill in the blank) is going to be better than yours because he wanted to come to our (fill in the blank) school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT