ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Announcing Friday

Not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but him announcing at his high school and not going to Hoosier Hysteria isn't a good sign.

Not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but him announcing at his high school and not going to Hoosier Hysteria isn't a good sign.
I can see that, but I also felt that the sooner BF announced after LM, the better for us. I think he just wanted to verify LM actually picked IU and that was the final straw for him. I'm going with my take!

Reactions: 75Plymouth
Yeah, I'm probably reading too much into it. I like the timing in that it's just after the LM commitment, just seems like a missed opportunity to have his commitment timed out with HH. Would be a huge get if it happens, and could see DQ following suit - but only if we sign Boogie first.

Reactions: 75Plymouth
Yeah, I'm probably reading too much into it. I like the timing in that it's just after the LM commitment, just seems like a missed opportunity to have his commitment timed out with HH. Would be a huge get if it happens, and could see DQ following suit - but only if we sign Boogie first.
The announcers or coaches couldn’t say anything because he committed not signed. So a visit to HH isn’t a big deal.

Reactions: RickyRoe
In reading the tea leaves within Boogie's interview last weekend, he knows there are no guarantees around what a team will look like from year to year. Having a top player in his class at a minimum gives him that little certainty. With his commitment timeline flexibility being so wide ranging from days to months, then suddenly setting a date the day after Liam committed.......it sure feels like he's really wanted to go to IU; however, he wanted at least something like Liam to happen with next year's class, so he feels comfortable that we'll be competitive. Knowing he has a shooter like Liam in the fold, may have sealed that deal.....as a lot have wondered would be the case.

If he commits to another school, I take all of this nonsense back.

Thanks,
Management

Last edited:
Feels like IU, at this point...but there are a handful of days in between now and then...and Calipari is MUCH slimier, and more capable of closing top 20 type kids, than Self is.

I think people confuse Kansas consistent success, at times, with them always having top HS recruiting classes. Obviously they get their fair share of top kids. But nothing like what Calipari does year in and year out. Self has figured out that winning big takes older kids though...so while he's landing top 5 ish classes, he's also getting top level transfers, and retaining more kids from those top 5 classes. Calipari is still landing top 2-3 classes nearly every year, he's just losing more of them to the draft, so he isn't winning as much as Self is.

I would be shocked if the Kentucky Brinks Truck isn't larger than the Kansas Brinks Truck.

In short...Kentucky worries me more than Kansas would, in this situation.

Feels like IU, at this point...but there are a handful of days in between now and then...and Calipari is MUCH slimier, and more capable of closing top 20 type kids, than Self is.

I think people confuse Kansas consistent success, at times, with them always having top HS recruiting classes. Obviously they get their fair share of top kids. But nothing like what Calipari does year in and year out. Self has figured out that winning big takes older kids though...so while he's landing top 5 ish classes, he's also getting top level transfers, and retaining more kids from those top 5 classes. Calipari is still landing top 2-3 classes nearly every year, he's just losing more of them to the draft, so he isn't winning as much as Self is.

I would be shocked if the Kentucky Brinks Truck isn't larger than the Kansas Brinks Truck.

He’s shut all communication off. Hes making his video today as Trilly hinted at and I’m hearing he’s trying to make it to HH. We will see but it’s sounding as if UK moved on.

I agree, but I’m a bit more at ease if the tidbit someone mentioned about him cutting communication with coaches last week is true.

He’s shut all communication off. Hes making his video today as Trilly hinted at and I’m hearing he’s trying to make it to HH. We will see but it’s sounding as if UK moved on.
Dang...hope all of this is good info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT