ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Huggins Is Just A Pure Joy

I used to hate Huggins

In fact nearly all Iu fans did, calling him Bobby Thuggins. Sadly, I have no memory of why at all. Whatever it was, if he can beat Kentucky, all is forgiven.

Re: I used to hate Huggins

He was asked the other day why he did have a suit on. His response was "Because I'm not a banker". I like the guys personality.

He cracks me up. He reminds me a little bit of Knight sometimes with some

of his quips. My daughter has interacted with him a couple times on campus at events, and said he was really nice and funny. I think "coming home" to WVU has suited him well. He's a really good coach...and you can never question his teams' toughness. Love the way they play defense. If he could attract better talent to Morgantown, they would be Top 10-20 most years. It's amazing what he gets out of the players he has. Just wish he could recruit some better shooters.

His Time at Cincy...

Those teams seemed to play dirty and I think there was some off the court drama. I've grown to like the guy too and have enjoyed watching his teams play.

Re: He cracks me up. He reminds me a little bit of Knight sometimes with some

A friend of mine attended his basketball camp at Cincy...he said the counselors told Huggy the kids were acting up at night in the dorms so Huggy came in the gym, used every profanity to the kids and then left. That was the only time he saw Huggy.

That being said, I think you're right. He is the man in Morgantown and has a lifelong contract in the athletic department if he wants it. He has mellowed out and I find myself rooting for the guy now.

My dad said his favorite Huggins moment was when Huggy was a player at WVU and in mid game Huggins punched a dude in the face and broke his nose. Tough SOB, but his players love and respect him. He's the man in Morgantown, even more so than Jerry West.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Pretty sure that was it

Don't think he and Knight got along. I know he recruited guys with pretty questionable character and their grade points were always super low. He seems pretty genuine and funny now though. And those guys play hard, no denying that.

Re: Pretty sure that was it

Actually I think Knight really likes him, of course Knight surprisingly liked Tarkanian, also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT