ADVERTISEMENT

Big TJD news dropping...

Would love to dream but I haven't seen this team show the ability to get hot, let alone stay consistant.

you are right, and it’s not likely but......

this team hasn’t really played a great game yet. We’ve had stretches, but even in our better wins there have been lapses. Still, even playing inconsistent and having these lapses, we’ve been pretty good at home. It’s the road that has been perilous. Like you said, we haven’t shown the ability to get hot, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. It is. And if we do , if we can just get phin and one other guy hot, well that opens up the inside for us, and our front court is very good.

Throw in the fact that this is a pretty weak crop of 1-2 seeds, and I wouldn’t assume anything. I could see any 2 seed lose to a 15, which would mean a much easier R2 game, assuming we are off the 8/9 line. And if we have to play a 1, are they really that great of teams?

you are right, and it’s not likely but......

this team hasn’t really played a great game yet. We’ve had stretches, but even in our better wins there have been lapses. Still, even playing inconsistent and having these lapses, we’ve been pretty good at home. It’s the road that has been perilous. Like you said, we haven’t shown the ability to get hot, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. It is. And if we do , if we can just get phin and one other guy hot, well that opens up the inside for us, and our front court is very good.

Throw in the fact that this is a pretty weak crop of 1-2 seeds, and I wouldn’t assume anything. I could see any 2 seed lose to a 15, which would mean a much easier R2 game, assuming we are off the 8/9 line. And if we have to play a 1, are they really that great of teams?
I am not going to bother filling out any tourney brackets this year, it's going to be the wild west....wouldn't surprise me at all if we see a final 4 with no 1 seeds still standing...

Reactions: .Gerdis
Archie is a better coach than Mark Turgeon and Maryland has been top 10 all season. We will get a lot better. I don’t know about winning Championships though?

until we actually make a tourney and win a game or two, I’m going to go ahead and disagree about Archie being better than Turgeon. He’s not even better than Crean yet.

until we actually make a tourney and win a game or two, I’m going to go ahead and disagree about Archie being better than Turgeon. He’s not even better than Crean yet.
It’s an impossible comparison. Archie has coached eight full seasons, Turgeon 21, and Crean 19. Archie has already won tournament games, and even made it to the elite eight with a mid major. Right now we are in wait and see mode. It’s frustrating, but also exciting. We could be watching another bust or the next legendary IU coach. He knows the standard of winning, and he knows he’s on the clock. Just enjoy the show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT