ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten West Champions

Nope. Not at all. No attack towards you. I don't attack others
Bulls***. You implied that family members and yourself have attended PU, but none of my family members or I went to IU. Nice try, and at least have the balls to stand by your words.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Bulls***. You implied that family members and yourself have attended PU, but none of my family members or I went to IU. Nice try, and at least have the balls to stand by your words.
I didn't imply anything about you. Or say it. Here lies the issue with message boards. You took more than I said or intended. I stand by exactly what I meant. Most of my family went to Purdue, I have family that plays for Purdue. I could care less if you did or didn't go to iu. Don't over think it. I'm standing by what I intended.

Really? The last 4 bowl games IU has played in have all been highly entertaining, down to the wire type games. End results haven’t gone our way, but don’t ever recall IU losing but 49 or 56 points in any of them.

Figured that’d be your comment though.
Did you attend the last 4 bowl games in person?

I was at the 2020 Gator Bowl and 2015 Pinstripe Bowl and not once did I find myself wanting something else better to do. Both highly entertaining games that each came down to the final play.

You?
All 4 and while the games were entertaining, the endings were gut wrenching and that Gator Bowl was classic Allen at the end where he completely lost his composure and forgot what the hell was going on in the game. But I also understand that there were fans there like yourself who were just happy we got into a bowl game and didn’t really care whether we won or lost.

Just a beautiful day all around for Purdue athletics. 😂
Jeeez the fact that this thread made it this far is pitiful. Congards to Purdue for getting to the Citrus bowl. No, Purdue cannot replace the depth like LSU can and neither could IU. Best of luck to Ryan Walters he has his work cut out for him and he is a good dude.

Meanwhile, IU stands pat with a lameduck coach who replaced the OL coach.

paul-lynde-whoop-de-doo.gif

All 4 and while the games were entertaining, the endings were gut wrenching and that Gator Bowl was classic Allen at the end where he completely lost his composure and forgot what the hell was going on in the game. But I also understand that there were fans there like yourself who were just happy we got into a bowl game and didn’t really care whether we won or lost.
I’ve been following IU football longer than you’ve likely been alive. Of course I’m happy when IU makes a bowl, what of their history suggests otherwise?

Jeeez the fact that this thread made it this far is pitiful. Congards to Purdue for getting to the Citrus bowl. No, Purdue cannot replace the depth like LSU can and neither could IU. Best of luck to Ryan Walters he has his work cut out for him and he is a good dude.

Meanwhile, IU stands pat with a lameduck coach who replaced the OL coach.

paul-lynde-whoop-de-doo.gif
Not to mention we don't even have a QB for next year.

Reactions: Indianaftw
You act as it AOC is a lock to be drafted? He’s 25 with INT problems and can’t move to save his life which the league is absolutely going away from. He might get drafted in the 6th or 7th round but is a practice squad player at best. Let me know when he plays an NFL snap.
He has the arm talent to be at least a proverbial camp arm … too many yds and tds for no one to take a look. Won’t last past UFA signings to get to an XFL draft.

He has the arm talent to be at least a proverbial camp arm … too many yds and tds for no one to take a look. Won’t last past UFA signings to get to an XFL draft.
He threw 22 TDs to 13 INT’s this year. 30+ QBs threw more TDs than AOC this year. He’s got a lively arm but too many times locked onto one receiver (Jones) and didn’t go through progressions. He’s also about as immobile as they come.

Yes I think UFA with a roster invite to fall camp sounds right, but he’s likely 50/50 to make a teams practice squad. He’s going to be 25 at the start of next season and is married with two degrees. Not sure how long keeping the dream alive becomes a viable profession.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Relax man….if you are down there, head over to Epcot and go up inside the big silver ball. Maybe try Universal and stumble around in Harry Potter’s world with some annoying kids running around waving wands.
My bowl experiences have been all about finding other things to do in those cities because the games themselves have sucked royally.
Were you in JAX? Did you watch on TV?

Doesn't sound like it.

The games I watched, (which is only about four) he was well connected to his longtime friend and excellent college receiver. Is not a player that can read progressions of get out of his own way. May find a practice squad somewhere.

I didn't imply anything about you. Or say it. Here lies the issue with message boards. You took more than I said or intended. I stand by exactly what I meant. Most of my family went to Purdue, I have family that plays for Purdue. I could care less if you did or didn't go to iu. Don't over think it. I'm standing by what I intended.
Sorry Gilligan but that is exactly how I read your comments as well. Maybe just correct what you meant to say rather than doubling down?

Were you in JAX? Did you watch on TV?

Doesn't sound like it.
Yeah - I was in Jacksonville and was at the same resort the team stayed at. Jacksonville is a bit of a dump for a bowl game. Had some decent seafood out at a place near the underpass, I think JL Trent’s?
I had been to Shreveport for the IU game in 1994,, so I already knew about the industrial, coastal towns.

Yeah - I was in Jacksonville and was at the same resort the team stayed at. Jacksonville is a bit of a dump for a bowl game. Had some decent seafood out at a place near the underpass, I think JL Trent’s?
I had been to Shreveport for the IU game in 1994,, so I already knew about the industrial, coastal towns.
Then it is odd that you made the comment you did about the game sucking royally. Now the ending did, but the game was close overall and the 20K IU fans there had a good time.

Then it is odd that you made the comment you did about the game sucking royally. Now the ending did, but the game was close overall and the 20K IU fans there had a good time.
The outcome sucked royally and was all too predictable for IU. Every Keystone Cop routine IU pulls out of its hat in these games, delivers another blow to its fanbase. Made the drive back pretty depressing.

Reactions: IUgradman
The outcome sucked royally and was all too predictable for IU. Every Keystone Cop routine IU pulls out of its hat in these games, delivers another blow to its fanbase. Made the drive back pretty depressing.
We had a short drive back. It was predictable but the event was well done by IU overall and a great turnout despite UT having more fans. That was my point in resonding to your comments about needing to look for something else to do in the bowl town.

We had a short drive back. It was predictable but the event was well done by IU overall and a great turnout despite UT having more fans. That was my point in resonding to your comments about needing to look for something else to do in the bowl town.
I was probably unclear in my original post. I intended to say “finding things to do on a bowl trip.” Of course the game is the main reason for going but I have tried to make sure to get in enough other things during the trip to still enjoy it and get something out of it despite the usual game results for IU. Helps to lessen the sting. The Arizona trip where we got blasted by Okie State was actually the best sight-seeing trip I’ve taken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT