ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Champion should be based on win total this year

TR32

All-American
Nov 20, 2009
I don't want to see any kind of championship trophy going to some 12-2 team while a 14-6 team is counted as lower.

Win total should determine the order this year.

Sorry Michigan.

Discuss.

I don't want to see any kind of championship trophy going to some 12-2 team while a 14-6 team is counted as lower.

Sorry Michigan.

Discuss.

I’d support doing it like baseball. 12-2 is a game better than 14-6 but would be tied with 14-4 and 15-5.

It will be interesting to watch, and I fear that the final shakeout will lead to more confusion rather than any sense of clarity.

I heard Nebraska is playing every other day for the next week. Sucks for them, great for whoever is getting the easy wins against a team with no rest or preparation time. Why not give Illinois a week off to play Iowa and force Maryland to play PSU, Minnesota and MSU in a triple header tomorrow?

In the end it’s going to end more lopsided than the football season, due to the ability for schedulers to jam games into compressed time frames.

IMHO, it’s all going to come down to the schedule. It’s a large part of Iowa staring down the barrel of a three game L streak while UM sits at home watching ESPN pencil them in as a #1 seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
In the end, all of the teams will play a similar # of games.
If UM returns to pre-pause form, it's likely they will have the most wins with fewer games.
That being said, Win % is the way to go.

Sorry Michigan.

Discuss.
If it isn’t IU, are people going to go into a mindless rage and demand the firing of Gary Barta?

Conclave it, baby.

Assemble in Chicago the most brilliant minds among the Big Ten faculty in the fields of advertising, sports marketing and management, finance, accounting, marketing, statistics and probability, and have *them* decide. Also, Gary Barta.

I’d support doing it like baseball. 12-2 is a game better than 14-6 but would be tied with 14-4 and 15-5.
For me, the regular season champ should be determined by the number of wins. Teams with fewer games can still be the tournament champ if the league decides to play one.

For me, the regular season champ should be determined by the number of wins. Teams with fewer games can still be the tournament champ if the league decides to play one.
Exactly. Very fair. And finally a reason for the BTT to exist!

If you leave it to the AD's they will screw this up the same way they screwed us out of an appearance in the Big 10 Football Championship Game by over riding the Rule they established weeks earlier. Given the opportunity, this Group could screw up a One Car Funeral by sending it down a dead end alley.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
If you leave it to the AD's they will screw this up the same way they screwed us out of an appearance in the Big 10 Football Championship Game by over riding the Rule they established weeks earlier. Given the opportunity, this Group could screw up a One Car Funeral by sending it down a dead end alley.
They didn't screw us out of anything. OSU is just better than us; would beat us 10 out of 10 games, especially with Penix on the sideline. We couldn't beat Ole Miss.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Reading is fundamental, try it. They did change the rules for a reason.
You weren’t arguing contra the quoted post. You had your own, very *special* point to make, which had no bearing on the discussion.

Life on the spectrum isn’t easy, I’m sure.

GFY.

EDIT. Made “GFY” a coda rather than prefatory. More lyrical that way.

Last edited:
You weren’t arguing contra the quoted post. You had your own, very *special* point to make, which had no bearing on the discussion.

Life on the spectrum isn’t easy, I’m sure.

GFY.

EDIT. Made “GFY” a coda rather than prefatory. More lyrical that way.
You need to get a life, little boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT