ADVERTISEMENT

Bidunga & Queen

BluegrassHoosier1

Benchwarmer
Mar 20, 2017
Quick Q for anyone in the "know." There have been rumors at different times either of these two might reclassify to 2023. With Trayce and Race leaving, and Duncomb not seeing playing time in 2 years we will have big guy issues. I would think from watching Woodson's office a big man would be attracted to the system. I know Biduga is supposed to be at the MI game which is now several visits in. Do we have a real chance with either and are either actually thinking of reclassifying to 2023 or are we going to need to come up big in the transfer portal? I have heard Cinci has ties b/c of the assistant coach their but does NIL and the stage of Indiana bring some of that in? I also heard Queen was likely going to MD. Any thoughts?

Quick Q for anyone in the "know." There have been rumors at different times either of these two might reclassify to 2023. With Trayce and Race leaving, and Duncomb not seeing playing time in 2 years we will have big guy issues. I would think from watching Woodson's office a big man would be attracted to the system. I know Biduga is supposed to be at the MI game which is now several visits in. Do we have a real chance with either and are either actually thinking of reclassifying to 2023 or are we going to need to come up big in the transfer portal? I have heard Cinci has ties b/c of the assistant coach their but does NIL and the stage of Indiana bring some of that in? I also heard Queen was likely going to MD. Any thoughts?
Queen said he’s not considering reclassifying. The new rumor is Bidunga might. Nothing official. Bidunga visiting is a good sign

If Malik would develop an outside game. How great would that be.
The potential for greatness would be there. I think Malik's most important improvement would be guarding perimeter guys without fouling. Obviously Flory would be the rim protector.

I don't know enough about Flory to know how old he is vs. his natural class, and/or how well he did in the summer against similar sized guys on the AAU circuit. He looks great in Kokomo highlights, but that's usually not great competition for someone with his size and athleticism.

Than why is he visiting frequently?
He doesn’t know. (Neither do I)but it’s his typical negativity first stuff. Flory is obviously still interested. How much is anyone’s guess. I have seen posts from peckenpaughs son in law laughing at everyone’s speculation. Especially the one about Cincinnati and being a lock. This one isn’t over. This was on a high school basketball fan page.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
He doesn’t know. (Neither do I)but it’s his typical negativity first stuff. Flory is obviously still interested. How much is anyone’s guess. I have seen posts from peckenpaughs son in law laughing at everyone’s speculation. Especially the one about Cincinnati and being a lock. This one isn’t over. This was on a high school basketball fan page.
It’s not negative, I live in the area and IU isn’t a team they mention much. He has visited PU, IU, Butler a bunch. He loves taking in big games. Kid a great kid and I hope IU lands him. I actually have a picture of my son with him after our game with them. Also Painter was there and shook my sons hand

Reactions: ulrey
It’s not negative, I live in the area and IU isn’t a team they mention much. He has visited PU, IU, Butler a bunch. He loves taking in big games. Kid a great kid and I hope IU lands him. I actually have a picture of my son with him after our game with them. Also Painter was there and shook my sons hand
Kokomo seems to be a PU town. When we lived there it appeared that way. Perhaps enough engineers work for Chrysler and Delphi (formerly Delco) and they all went to PU.

Reactions: bawlmer
Kokomo seems to be a PU town. When we lived there it appeared that way. Perhaps enough engineers work for Chrysler and Delphi (formerly Delco) and they all went to PU.
Also 30 minutes straight east of Lafayette. I would say the area I’m in is more PU fans than IU despite us having two kids play for iu and just one at PU

Reactions: VanPastorMan
It is a PU area because of all the agriculture and only being 45 min or so from PU. The engineers are a small fraction of residents.
I do admit that in my younger years when I lived there whenever I did special music I would mention IU to get under the skin of PU engineers I went to church with. I was a bad boy. lol But it was lots of fun.

Replay of Friday night's Lafayette Harrison at Kokomo Wildkats sectional overtime game:

Saturday's Sectional Final will be broadcast live, Kokomo versus Marion:

I appreciate ihsaatv.org very much. Being a Hoosier in Pennsylvania it lets me still be linked to my home state.

No more Delphi in Kokomo. GM took possession of the factory when Delphi declared bankruptcy at the beginning of the Great Recession in 2008. Don't think it employs as many people as Delphi did, as it looks like 2/3 of the factory is unused and a small lithium battery company moved onto the site on the opposite side GM is using. Chrysler has picked up the slack and is going strong, and Samsung is building a new billion dollar factory in Kokomo and will be starting up in 2 years.

Last edited:
If Prep School is basically the same as reclassifying and playing one year of college hoops, then surely the NIL money would be far more desirable going the NCAA route, no?

If a prospect thinks playing college ball might hurt their ranking, then I guess maybe they'd go the prep route.

NBA scouts surely are aware of this whole dynamic though, no?

If Prep School is basically the same as reclassifying and playing one year of college hoops, then surely the NIL money would be far more desirable going the NCAA route, no?

If a prospect thinks playing college ball might hurt their ranking, then I guess maybe they'd go the prep route.

NBA scouts surely are aware of this whole dynamic though, no?
Reclassifying can go wrong badly, look at Lander’s college experience. Prep school might have been a much better route for him.

Reclassifying can go wrong badly, look at Lander’s college experience. Prep school might have been a much better route for him.
At some point these kids are getting rushed out of having their youth that they can never get back no matter how much money they make. I wonder if lander regrets missing his last yr of high school and how it has all went. I don't think he was going to be a great college player regardless.

No more Delphi in Kokomo. GM took possession of the factory when Delphi declared bankruptcy at the beginning of the Great Recession in 2008. Don't think it employs as many people as Delphi did, as it looks like 2/3 of the factory is unused and a small lithium battery company moved onto the site on the opposite side GM is using. Chrysler has picked up the slack and is going strong, and Samsung is building a new billion dollar factory in Kokomo and will be starting up in 2 years.

I don't get the paper so I will ask you!
The building going in by ITP is a Fiat plant or is that the Samsung plant that you speak of?
The size of that gas pipeline they are running to that constructions is crazy!!

I don't get the paper so I will ask you!
The building going in by ITP is a Fiat plant or is that the Samsung plant that you speak of?
The size of that gas pipeline they are running to that constructions is crazy!!
Samsung factory. I think the site it's being built on was originally going to be an industrial park for multiple factories to move into, but Chrysler bought it all for it's suppliers to build on ( the Samsung plant is going to supply EV batteries).

Reactions: Al Bino
Enjoyed your recall. My father-in-law worked at GM/Delco then Delphi into his 80's, never retiring but died just before the bankruptcy occurred.

The reason IU would make sense is the open opportunity for starting. The exposure compared to UC. The hype build up just like TJD has. The high-low game. I don't know how his grades are but I've seen players go to UK that aren't smart gradewise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT