ADVERTISEMENT

Bidenflation

$9.99 for a small organic Strawberry container.

giphy.gif
Because massive money printing began in January, 2021. Right.

the economy was set to collapse years ago. I sold off my stocks and have preaching that it was time. It didn’t happen. Why? Massive money printing.

in 2020 alone, 30-35% of all dollars in the history of this country were created. At the same time the fed bought up debt, keeping interest rates artificially low..

The result? Debt bubble. Stock
Market bubble. Real estate inflation. General inflation and market misallocations.

none of this is new. You’re just seeing more of it because once you ramp up the money printing, the only way to keep the game going is to go parabolic, the problem is, the more you print, the cheaper the dollar, the cheaper the dollar, the more things cost.

The chickens have come home to roost. Now the fed needs to stop inflation, but if they raise rates - which they have - it pops the debt and equity bubble.

I’ve been harping on this for years now, so it’s a big annoying to see people call this Biden’s inflation when the digit was turned up in 2020.

Because massive money printing began in January, 2021. Right.

the economy was set to collapse years ago. I sold off my stocks and have preaching that it was time. It didn’t happen. Why? Massive money printing.

in 2020 alone, 30-35% of all dollars in the history of this country were created. At the same time the fed bought up debt, keeping interest rates artificially low..

The result? Debt bubble. Stock
Market bubble. Real estate inflation. General inflation and market misallocations.

none of this is new. You’re just seeing more of it because once you ramp up the money printing, the only way to keep the game going is to go parabolic, the problem is, the more you print, the cheaper the dollar, the cheaper the dollar, the more things cost.

The chickens have come home to roost. Now the fed needs to stop inflation, but if they raise rates - which they have - it pops the debt and equity bubble.

I’ve been harping on this for years now, so it’s a big annoying to see people call this Biden’s inflation when the digit was turned up in 2020.
Sounds like inflation has been eating you alive for some time

The yield curve caused COVID? The recession was March and April, both heavy COVID months. I guess we could have a long debate as to if we would have had a recession sans COVID, but given with COVID it was only two months I am doubtful.

I'm implying that it may have happened regardless, COVID was simply a trigger. The COVID-related recession isn't a great case study anyway because of the forced shutdown of the economy. That's not happened during prior recessions that have been tracked. Thus, you never saw GDP fall off of a cliff like that.

The recovery could begin sooner because the fall was so much more dramatic and quick.

fredgraph.png

So I posted libs want high gas prices and inflation to save the world. I shared a quote from Biden about how high gas prices will get us to renewable faster, and he's ok with the short term pain of higher gas prices.

Now, here is a CNN economic analyst saying in order to have a 'kinder' economy, inflation needs to occur.

Climate change is their religion.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
According to what data/source? I wasn't opposed to the initial actions/measures taken during the onset, but to pretend this was going to be 1929 seems a bit premature unless you have some evidence to suggest your concerns were valid. Otherwise, you are just being a primadonna.

Sure, for the haves, but your party has been whining that Home Ownership is a right, not a privilege. If home prices continue to go up, those who are trying to buy for the first time find it much harder on their wallets, despite low interest rates.

It seems to be worse in California because of labor laws.

Some 20 business groups recently asked Gov. Gavin Newsom to declare a state of emergency and suspend labor and environmental laws that are interfering with the movement of goods. Opening the Port of Los Angeles 24 hours a day “alone will do little without immediate action from the state to address other barriers that have created bottlenecks at the ports, warehouses, trucking, rail, and the entire supply chain,” they wrote.

One barrier is a law known as AB5. Before its enactment in 2019, tens of thousands of truck drivers worked as independent contractors, which gave them more autonomy and flexibility than if they were employees. As contractors, truck drivers can work for multiple companies, which allows them to nimbly respond to surges in demand.

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, however, has long wanted to organize truck drivers, including those serving California’s ports. Since the National Labor Relations Act prevents unions from organizing independent contractors, Democrats passed AB5, sponsored by Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, a Teamsters member.

Trucking companies warned that the law could put small carriers out of business and cause drivers to leave the state. They want the U.S. Supreme Court to review a legal challenge to AB5, but many are complying after defeats in lower courts. It’s hard to quantify how much AB5 has contributed to the shortage of truck drivers. But there’s little doubt the law hinders efficiency and productivity.

Interestingly, there is a court battle over AB5 going on right now:

Probably half of the trucking companies in California will be at risk of closure next week due to AB5 going into effect

Probably half of the trucking companies in California will be at risk of closure next week due to AB5 going into effect
Gavin is going to save the Dems in 2024 😉.
Trump is already printing up the bumper stickers. "Make America California 2024!!!"

If you think we are better off financially now, than when Trump was in office. Calling you a Moron is to kind!

Do you think it's Biden policies or is it due to going through the disruption of a global pandemic?

I mean by that logic the last two republican administrations both took roaring economies and ran then straight into the ground, leaving with double digit unemployment.

Trump statistically had the worst job deficit since Hoover.
You’re obviously one of the 4 people still watching CNN.

You can't have it both ways- blame Trump for running the economy into the ground, yet blame the pandemic for Biden's issues.

By all statistical measurements, the economy was outstanding prior to covid. The wealth gap was shrinking.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wealth-gap-shrinks-11601420393 (sorry it's behind a paywall)

Now, Biden/dems enacted 2 specific policies to create this inflation. One is oil policy with eliminating permits among other things. That increased costs for everyone as oil prices have spiked.

The second was the stimulus plan with extension of unemployment benefits. That allowed people to stay home longer and not work, thus creating an extreme shortage of workers that affected the supply chain. Not all the problems but some of it.

And if you want to blame Bush for 08/09, you should go back and watch the videos of the admin warning the dem congress of the potential mess. Only to essentially be called racist.
Here’s one of the videos that back your last point…

Reactions: ribbont
A combination of ever-increasing costs, inflation and the specter of a recession has hit the new home market, CNBC reports. A National Association of Home Builders survey shows sentiment has fallen to 55, a 12-point drop that is the second-largest one-month decrease in its 37-year history. Many builders are stopping construction because of “production bottlenecks, rising homebuilding costs and high inflation," NAHB chairman Jerry Konterand said. The latest rating is a far cry from last July, when it hit 80.

Thanks Biden

Lol…I was hoping that would get a response from you. Brian Stelter sucks by the way. I didn’t have the heart to post it when you had Covid. Deep down I’m a softy.

Better to watch Tucker Carlson, where only serious news is spewed

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
On today's installment of Bidenflation

Reactions: DANC
On today's installment of Bidenflation

Not a good metric at all. But, nothing with Biden is good.

Joe must be doing some amazing things to bring the price of oil down! I know that many were really worried about the price of oil a few weeks ago.

* The growth of the Internet will slow drastically, as the flaw in "Metcalfe's law"--which states that the number of potential connections in a network is proportional to the square of the number of participants--becomes apparent: most people have nothing to say to each other! By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT