ADVERTISEMENT

Better wake up

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
IU better wake up. JHS needs to gather himself. Mayer having 16 at halftime is a joke. This would be a terrible terrible loss at home. X would be a big factor today with JHS struggling mightily

IU better wake up. JHS needs to gather himself. Mayer having 16 at halftime is a joke. This would be a terrible terrible loss at home. X would be a big factor today with JHS struggling mightily
We lose this game and this season will feel a lot different

Reactions: edub72
It would be nice if JHS would kick it out to Kopp.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
It looks like they don’t handle success well. They need to be unranked & the underdog to play fired up. Maybe that’s what happens when the program has been struggling more than not for a long time.

It would be nice if JHS would kick it out to Kopp.
Why, so he could miss? I'm just going to say it for the thousandth time, we have players that need to leave, many. This is not overcoming adversity, or good job; it is called we are no good.

Last edited:
Why, so he could miss? I'm just going to say it for the thousandth time, we have players that need to leave, many. This is not overcoming adversity, or good job; it is called we are no good.
Haha Kopp put on a master class at how to play defense, hustle, space the floor, and knock down big shots today as he has done most of this year!

Man it must get tiring being so wrong about a player so often.

What are you talking about?!! Close to 50 % from three and JHS and TJD miss seeing him or passing to him on a constant regular basis. Kopp could be so much more to this team given a chance.

In early January there were plenty of reasons to be concerned... Dude, we've won 9 of 11. Tell me how many P5 teams have won 9 of their last 11... Name them, I dare you

Haha Kopp put on a master class at how to play defense, hustle, space the floor, and knock down big shots today as he has done most of this year!

Man it must get tiring being so wrong about a player so often.
Except leaving his man so Illinois has a wide open 3 opportunity in the last sec to tie.

Except leaving his man so Illinois has a wide open 3 opportunity in the last sec to tie.
The optics looked bad on that play. But he left a guy that was 0-5 and doubled a guy who was 4-11 from 3. Might have been planned and the rotation guy missed the assignment. Hard to say. But even if it was 100% Kopp doing something wrong on that play it doesn’t change the fact that at worst he is our 3rd best perimeter defender and 2nd only to Galloway in hustle plays.

The optics looked bad on that play. But he left a guy that was 0-5 and doubled a guy who was 4-11 from 3. Might have been planned and the rotation guy missed the assignment. Hard to say. But even if it was 100% Kopp doing something wrong on that play it doesn’t change the fact that at worst he is our 3rd best perimeter defender and 2nd only to Galloway in hustle plays.
Which most in his position are 2nd or 3rd best but many times he’s on one of the best scorers on the other end.

Reactions: Beorik
He seems to be a good defender overall, Mich end comes to mind. Do need to get him more shots when he is on, today 4-5 from 3. Could have found him more.

@plaxico80
Huge win today for the Hoosiers!!

IU also lost at home to Northwestern.

IU is far from a great team, but they have the pieces to be very good.

They’re pretty similar to UK actually.

Can someone keep him off our board?

@plaxico80
Huge win today for the Hoosiers!!

IU also lost at home to Northwestern.

IU is far from a great team, but they have the pieces to be very good.

They’re pretty similar to UK actually.

Can someone keep him off our board?
Nah, I’ll stay on your board girlfriend.

You know, in the thread how much IU sucks?

Yeah that one.

Should Cal still be fired, you gunt?

In early January there were plenty of reasons to be concerned... Dude, we've won 9 of 11. Tell me how many P5 teams have won 9 of their last 11... Name them, I dare you
I'm hard on our team..
But they've picked themselves off the floor and can go toe to toe with almost anyone..
I think neutral games in tournament will bode well for Indiana.
I'll put our fan base against anyone.
That game in Vegas sounded like Assembly Hall West ...

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Just watched the end shot that you are talking about.
Kopp was guarding Melendez on the wing as Mayer was bringing
the ball to that side of the floor, with TG guarding him.

Kopp went to help TG on a double team of Mayer.... who then bounce passed it
to Melendez... who took the shot.

I'm just glad it wasn't the other way around... with Melendez passing to Mayer...
cause Mayer probably would have hit the shot...whereas Melendez didn't.

On the other hand.... If Mayer would have taken the shot over TG.... I would think
that is why Kopp went to help TG. Mayer would have been the bigger threat in
making the shot.... so it worked out in the long run that Kopp left Melendez alone.

He seems to be a good defender overall, Mich end comes to mind. Do need to get him more shots when he is on, today 4-5 from 3. Could have found him more.
Kopp not getting shots is on his teammates largely. Teams keep him covered in the half court so you have to be aware of him on every possession and get it to him when he's open. Also in transition. He runs to the 3 line almost every time and the guy bringing the ball up loses track of him. For what I think of as an unselfish team, we really are awful passers. The whole goal seems to be just to get the ball to your teammate, but at this level often the difference between getting a shot off or not is a crisp pass that hits the guy in the pocket so he can get right into his shot. We do so many one handed passes out of that weave motion that put guys out of position on the catch. JHS' lazy pass today too. This was about as poor a showing as you can have and still get a win. Sleep walking through much of the game. IL came out with much more purpose and fire.

Reactions: bwcoach and DANC
Kopp not getting shots is on his teammates largely. Teams keep him covered in the half court so you have to be aware of him on every possession and get it to him when he's open. Also in transition. He runs to the 3 line almost every time and the guy bringing the ball up loses track of him. For what I think of as an unselfish team, we really are awful passers. The whole goal seems to be just to get the ball to your teammate, but at this level often the difference between getting a shot off or not is a crisp pass that hits the guy in the pocket so he can get right into his shot. We do so many one handed passes out of that weave motion that put guys out of position on the catch. JHS' lazy pass today too. This was about as poor a showing as you can have and still get a win. Sleep walking through much of the game. IL came out with much more purpose and fire.
We play like that the rest of the year and we won't win another game.

HS does not value the ball - always trying to make the flashy play. Sometimes it works, but in critical situations, he's prone to making high school mistake.

Woody needs to sit his ass down and explain it to him - then take him out for some passing drills.

Another thing that pissed me off today is our dribbling into double and triple teams on fast breaks. I saw Galloway do it at least a couple times.

Find an open teammate. Geez.

Good teams come out firing. Second time I've seen bama coming off a loss. They beat vandy by 60 at home and now Georgia by 45 (currently), point is they came out pissed and within minutes were up 20 both times. 12 of 16 today to start and a bunch were 3's. When are we gonna come out and shoot lights out like that. That's how u kill a teams swagger. One can dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT