ADVERTISEMENT

Benter put the hurt on a rim last night.

That makes sense. I'm sure there is different "qualities" of backboard as well. Guessing that one just had a fault and will be going back to the company.
You could tell it was old, I can't speak for the glass age but the frame and all surrounding. Again how many times is a backboard breaking an issue at almost all high schools. I wonder how much weight there is on the staunchion of those moveable style floor type.

You could tell it was old, I can't speak for the glass age but the frame and all surrounding. Again how many times is a backboard breaking an issue at almost all high schools. I wonder how much weight there is on the staunchion of those moveable style floor type.
Backboard was actually pretty new I believe. Idk if the frame is though?

If that backboard broke, it's because the rim was faulty ( or really old and not compliant with current standards). All rims now, both college and high school, are supposed to be breakaway and should collapse at the back hinge with any significant pressure. That's why breaking a backboard is unheard of these days.

Reactions: BoilerN
I've got a good picture of it but don't know how to insert it in here. Looks like the rim is fully "broken away" when the backboard lets loose.
I admit I haven't watched it. If that was the case, the backboard was probably already compromised. Any idea how old it was? My guess is that it was probably cracked where the rim bolts through it at the flange.

Reactions: BoilerN
Mason Gillis’ moms hairdresser says hello. Love your hot takes - keep ‘em coming.
This still makes no sense even if you keep saying it. Where exactly was the hot take here? I said I hope he never wins another game, not that I predict that he won’t. Your mind is going with your age, porky,

Replied to wrong post. Big Fan has inside info on Mason. According ti his sources Mason has been transferring out of Purdue since his freshman year. Hates Purdue,hates Painter. 😂
Where did I ever say he hates Purdue or Painter? There was talk of him transferring when Furst and Kaufman were signed. To his credit, he stuck it out and beat them out for the spot.

Reactions: kkott
Where did I ever say he hates Purdue or Painter? There was talk of him transferring when Furst and Kaufman were signed. To his credit, he stuck it out and beat them out for the spot.
There wasn’t talk - you had inside info. You do you better than anybody…clap clap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT