ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Penn State!

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
First off - I'm now fat. So if you see me eating, steal my food and make me chase you a few yards. It takes a village.

B. We played a by-God, slobber-knocking, take some, give some football game yesterday. We did not play our best. We went down 1 man, then 2, then 3. We made mistakes. We made greats. We made some stupid. And we were right there. RIGHT THERE. We PROVED we can play with anybody on any given day. So .... no more excuses. Gotta live up to it. Can't let up. BEAT PENN STATE. Don't waste this. Deal with near-success successfully.

3. It was a tale of 2 halves all around. I thought our D dominated the first half - to the point where I wanted coach to try the FG at 3:00. We gave them a short field on the stupid and held them. I had faith we could make a FG and even if we missed, hold 'em again. If we DID make, Old Uncle Mo would be HUGE. He takes and doesn't take chances at the wrong times. He needs to consult me.

D. The line play flipped at half. They shut down our RB run in the second half, and also popped us for big plays. Maybe just the natural 3rd/4th quarter wear down, but we made maybe 3-4 mistakes - and they somehow bit us on all of them.

The first big pop was a new look - they brought the WR across in motion, and Fant bit. He crossed the line of scrimmage to set the edgeoutside the tackle, and Ezekile cut inside between the tackle/guard and into the second level - he was then gone.

The wind went out of the stadium sails.
Suddenly, there was a doldrum.
Brookins and their WR got hurt on the same play.
We go 3 and out - and Nate sits. Hurt.

Cardale throws 3 straight bad passes. 3 and out.

Zander comes in - 3 and out.

Big sack by Shaw.
Big pick by Scales.
Big drive and a TD - we re-light the Big Mo fire.

Meyer goes on 4th and 1 to keep a drive alive - and BOOM - Pop No. 2.
Same play - different hole.
Brought WR across - and it looked like Simmons saw it coming - he called out to the other LB's and he went into the gap where it popped earlier - and .... Ezekiel popped through the inside center/guard gap and was gone.

We go 3 and out - but Zander sets up the keeper with a read/hand off, then 2 close-but-not-quite passes.

Big punt return
Quick score on maybe the only really good pass Jones made all day.
We look done.
Down 10.

3 and out.
Zander not moving the ball ... but he tested the speed of the corner - race to the sideline.
Is he still setting up the read/keep?

We REALLY look done.

But NOOoooooo.
FUMBLE!
And a break - Fant steps out and recovers the ball.
Can't do that.
They MISS it.
Our ball.

Drive.
Diamont get a first by run...
But our run game is not effective.
So we THROW A FLEA FLOATER FLICKER!
WOW.
They drop a sure pick.
Wow again
Another break.
But ... we settle for a FG.
(Thank God.)
Hope.
Maybe....

Down 7.
Plenty of time.

Damn! That little sumbitch did it again.
We actually stop him at the line - but Mangieri and Crawford get tangled, he pops through - and they don't call the WR hold.
The really blatant hold.
The hold ABC can't believe was not called.
The hold that BARELY kept Padmore from running down Ezekiel anyway.
Ezekile for 75 and a TD and I hate Ahia State.
HATE.
8 carries - 234 yards in the second half for Ezekiel.
195 on 3 freaking plays.

Biggest lead yet.
Down 14.
Should be 7 with Ahia State 75 yards away.

No wind.
No sail.

WRONG!
HOLLYWOOD for 80!
(Should be tied!)

Hollywood has swagger!

And the defense shows up to force a 3 and out!
DAMN - we're in this thing.

But the haymakers are over.
Three and out.

Three and out for them too.

We grind it out....
Face mask and and interference
2 great throws and WE ARE IN THEIR GRILL
1st and GOAL!

DAY UM!
O M G!

ABC says "HOLY COW!"

And ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
Bad snap.
Ahia State dodges a bullet.

We deserved to win.
Deserve has nothing to do with it.

Hate to be proud of a loss, but I am.
We made our bones in that game.

BUT...

Penn State is Penn State.
Beatable? Yes.
But only if we still get better.

Fool around and lose momentum and even Rutgers becomes a dangerous game.
MSU is strong.
Iowa is strong.
Michigan is strong.
We CANNOT go 1-4
We MUST find 2 wins in the next 5.
MUST.
Maryland and Purdue need to be GRAVY - not "must wins".

PS - if you bought a ticket and stayed home yesterday - I smite thee. I direct an epithet toward you. I shame you.

What coulda been ...

Travel report:

Its that time of yeaar where the big machines chew off the top layer of the asphalt and you drive on what used to be a road and the road noise is triple normal. I ain't complaining - I'm just sayin

That - plus an ill-advised stop at the McDonalds in Salem - cost us an extra half hour. So you fiolks on 37 aren't alone. We feel each others pain.

Twice - at the McDonald's and at the Chick-Fil-A stand - I was mismarketed.
McDonald's signs said "24 hour breakfast menu." Lie.
Chick-Fil-A sign said "Hot Chocolate - $3." Lie.

And to the guy who said Ahia State "might" make a turnover "after its 52-0" - Bite me.

Dakich - thanks for being positive.

PS - The signs that say "USE AISLE 13 FOR ROWS 39 AND HIGHER" mean that you CANNOT - as in CAN NOT - reach the upper rows of Section 14 using Aisle 14 - LEARN TO READ. And yes - we DO mind if you ask to cut through section 14 to get to Aisle 13 so you can get to your seat - BECAUSE YOU ARE THE 2000th PERSON TO DO IT.

PSSSS - For the millionth time - the video board should NOT play audio at the same time the band is playing. Do you people not know each other?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News