ADVERTISEMENT

Bearcats Killing UCLA

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
UCLA looks horrible. It's the first time I've watched them this year. They look undisciplined with really low BBall IQ. Down 25 with 11:54 left. This could be a 35+ loss on the road.

UCLA looks horrible. It's the first time I've watched them this year. They look undisciplined with really low BBall IQ. Down 25 with 11:54 left. This could be a 35+ loss on the road.

I've made the mistake of trying to watch them on multiple occasions already this season. This is as awful a basketball team as I've ever seen! The selfishness is off the charts!

Without a miraculous turnaround this season, and I do mean miraculous, I would have to call this the worst coached team that I've ever seen. I don't think it could be this awful without either the coaching staff, or the players, or both completely throwing in the towel on the season.

I'm a big fan of Alford, but I would be tempted to fire him before he gets back from Ohio. It would be merciful to put him and everyone involved out of their misery.

Pitiful!

Last edited:
Alford should work a tv job for a couple years until that Georgia job is open.

Stevie is an Indiana legend and I will always have fond memories of him as a player. That being said, as a coach, he needs to keep his a$$ out of Indiana when he's recruiting kids to other schools. He can coach, not coach, do television or be a dentist for all I care...I just don't want him taking good players out of the state any more. Thankfully, Archie is doing something about that as well.

Reactions: ufo33
I've made the mistake of trying to watch them on multiple occasions already this season. This is as awful a basketball team as I've ever seen! The selfishness is off the charts!

Without a miraculous turnaround this season, and I do mean miraculous, I would have to call this the worst coached team that I've ever seen. I don't think it could be this awful without either the coaching staff, or the players, or both completely throwing in the towel on the season.

I'm a big fan of Alford, but I would be tempted to fire him before he gets back from Ohio. It would be merciful to put him and everyone involved out of their misery.

Pitiful!
Must have not watched the Houston teams when Guy Lewis was the coach. May have had the best material in the history of college basketball, but he held them to their lowest possible level of performance.

Reactions: MG80 and ufo33
Stevie is an Indiana legend and I will always have fond memories of him as a player. That being said, as a coach, he needs to keep his a$$ out of Indiana when he's recruiting kids to other schools. He can coach, not coach, do television or be a dentist for all I care...I just don't want him taking good players out of the state any more. Thankfully, Archie is doing something about that as well.
Stevie? Really?

Reactions: RBB89
Must have not watched the Houston teams when Guy Lewis was the coach. May have had the best material in the history of college basketball, but he held them to their lowest possible level of performance.

Guy Lewis got a bad rap from Joe Blow hoops fans. Dude went to 5 Final Fours and had teams in back to back Title games... he's in the Hall of Fame as a coach.

Alford is a different coach when he's got blue collar players than when he's got blue chippers. His New Mexico teams and the Brunner, Horner, Haluska team at Iowa would rip most of his more talented UCLA teams to shreds. Hard to figure, but I bet he wishes he would've stayed at New Mexico. He really had something brewing there and the kids fought and scrapped for him and Noodles.

Reactions: ufo33
Guy Lewis got a bad rap from Joe Blow hoops fans. Dude went to 5 Final Fours and had teams in back to back Title games... he's in the Hall of Fame as a coach.

Alford is a different coach when he's got blue collar players than when he's got blue chippers. His New Mexico teams and the Brunner, Horner, Haluska team at Iowa would rip most of his more talented UCLA teams to shreds. Hard to figure, but I bet he wishes he would've stayed at New Mexico. He really had something brewing there and the kids fought and scrapped for him and Noodles.

I might be inclined to believe that if it weren't for his two 3 seed losses to a 14 in the NCAAT while at New Mexico. The history has simply been to flame out when his team got to those really high pressure situations.

Loved the player who wore.#12. Coach Alford...meh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT