ADVERTISEMENT

beans

What the hell are llama beans. Are they only available in Kentucky?
Lima Beans are a round green bean. They are one of the few Foods I will not eat. My Dad loved them and we had them with some meals as kids. However to me they were dry bland and had no flavor no matter how you tried to dress them up. Or maybe it was the way my Mom cooked them. I swear a Cardboard Box with salt and hot sauce would have tasted better.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Lima Beans are a round green bean. They are one of the few Foods I will not eat. My Dad loved them and we had them with some meals as kids. However to me they were dry bland and had no flavor no matter how you tried to dress them up. Or maybe it was the way my Mom cooked them. I swear a Cardboard Box with salt and hot sauce would have tasted better.
I like lima beans, but they have to be cooked correctly. My grandmother made them so they were delicious, and I was a picky eater as a kid. When I make them, I make them the way she did and they're still great. I don't think anyone would like to eat llama beans . . .

Last edited:
If dry, they aren't soaking in the pan long enough. Tastes good with just butter. Try mixing with other things like corn, carrots, etc.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I like the traction this thread has gotten....

Kudos to the OP
We've got several months to kill before college sports happen again, unfortunately. Odd humor and other things are going to have to do, for the near future. It really sucks not having March Madness and all the other sports this time of year. I'm really looking forward to the weather permanently warming up so that golf season (for me) will be in full swing - pun intended ;).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT