ADVERTISEMENT

Bazelak needs to be done. We have to try SOMETHING different.

Hoosiers47614

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2019
Interceptions to start both halves to get us off to the worst possible start coming out of the locker room both times, and neither can be blamed on pressure. (Granted, the second half already was started off poorly by both ST and the D, but still.)

Grounding the ball twice in a row to kill back-to-back drives when all he needed to do was throw towards somebody. Airmailing it to Coby down the sideline when he was open, and though it really didn't matter, missing a wide-open Camper by a mile on the 2pt attempt. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the line, I really have, but that was not the problem today.

The line was still bad in run blocking, but they were actually mostly solid in the passing game, and he was rarely ever hit. Plus, he's basically a statue. Taulia showed what a difference even mobility in the pocket, let alone actual running ability, at QB can do for the offense, and he provides as close to none of that as any quarterback at IU I can remember. I think even Sudfeld was better with his legs.

A bowl game is probably out of the question now (though there are still three games that it wouldn't be completely stunning for them to win left); however, there's still a few chances at wins to keep this season from turning into another complete spiral, with the best one being next Saturday. It is time for someone else under center, and my vote goes to Dexter Williams. He can't possibly be any less consistent as a passer and provides the athleticism under center that will actually open up the door for some wrinkles to help out the line and for improvisation and scrambling when the line falters.

I agree we have seen enough of Bazelak shortcomings, and they are the same thing Missouri was benching him for. I think they should give Tuttle a shot then go to Williams if he can't get the job done. This thing of sticking with Bazelak no matter what, is mind numbing. The coaches will make the move they think is best, but they should question their decisions to see if they are right or not.

Last edited:
I agree we have seen enough of Bazelak shortcomings, and they are the same thing Missouri was benching him for. I think they should give Tuttle a shot then go to Williams if he can't get the job done. This thing os sticking with Bazelak no matter what, is mind numbing. The coaches will make the move they think is best, but they should question their decisions to see if they are right or not.
at this point there is no reason to let Bazelak and his pop gun arm stay on the field to cover the asses of our Coaching Staff. Two ridiculous interceptions at the beginning of each half and the grounding calls cost Us how much yardage and opportunity. Tuttle, Williams, the walk on kid Who played for Us at the end of last year, makes no difference, We are going nowhee without a change at QB.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
at this point there is no reason to let Bazelak and his pop gun arm stay on the field to cover the asses of our Coaching Staff. Two ridiculous interceptions at the beginning of each half and the grounding calls cost Us how much yardage and opportunity. Tuttle, Williams, the walk on kid Who played for Us at the end of last year, makes no difference, We are going nowhee without a change at QB.
Mea Culpa on Bazelak. I thought he might be more like Peyton Ramsey.

He couldn’t carry Ramsey’s jock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT