ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball….men and women

Who'd a thunk such a thing would ever happen?

The overtures or the rejection? Neither surprise me. Moren is a top flight coach who by all appearances is happy here, is getting all the support she could ask for, and whose nearby family is a big part of the program (unofficially). Once you get to a certain point, money is just keeping score. She's winning across the board at IU. Why change?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The overtures or the rejection? Neither surprise me. Moren is a top flight coach who by all appearances is happy here, is getting all the support she could ask for, and whose nearby family is a big part of the program (unofficially). Once you get to a certain point, money is just keeping score. She's winning across the board at IU. Why change?
Yep. I’m not surprised at all. Everything I’ve heard says that she would like to be at IU her entire career.

Holmes is going to have knee surgery to fix the problem that has plagued her career. She will be unavailable to play this WNBA season, though she still hopes to get drafted.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Holmes is going to have knee surgery to fix the problem that has plagued her career. She will be unavailable to play this WNBA season, though she still hopes to get drafted.
I knew she wasn’t fully healthy at the end. Glad she’s getting it taken care of. I actually saw a mock draft today with both she and Sara taken in the lows 20s. But that doesn’t mean she’d make the team.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
The men need a point guard as well. Others on this board say Jakai Newton is more of a combo guard. That's probably what Galloway is too. So, point guard seems to be open.

As for shooters, I'd get 7-8 student managers to rebound and 50 basketballs and lock Leal, Galloway and Mbako in the Cook center until they can hit 100 in a row from range. No Grand Theft Auto for them until they hit 100 straight.
There can be a problem with too much shooting. As players get tired their form begins to suffer so remember . . . Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect!!!

The women have 2 bigs coming in, Wiseman is 6'4 and projects more as a stretch 4. She will need some weight training. The other is 6'3 and is supposedly pretty athletic.

We did not get to see Jelks much, maybe she will be a contributor. Otherwise Lilly, who I really like but I don't see as a "star". But she has learned a lot and has a lot of Mac's footwork.

Bargasser needs Ali to tear down her shot and rebuild it starting ASAP. I think she will start at point, but we can't have people ignoring her and helping all over the floor.

I suspect we will target a shooter.

For the men, we have the nucleus if the portal is kind. I think Woodson can learn of the errors of this season. Moren wasn't a fan of 3's when she came here but quickly learned. I am not saying he will revamp the offense, but he should and he should see it.

I love MR's passion, he has to learn to control it. Hopefully that gets worked on.

Cupps desperately needs the weight room. He really looks like Opie Taylor playing against the Celtics. If he were stronger I think he can be good.
Thought I'd put this here

Picked up a transfer from Tennessee this morning. She averaged like 7 and 3 in just over 14 minutes a game.

She's got good size as well. She should help next year.

Thought I'd put this here

Picked up a transfer from Tennessee this morning. She averaged like 7 and 3 in just over 14 minutes a game.

She's got good size as well. She should help next year.
I am guessing Lilly's backup, which we need desperately. Only one year, so she won't block the 2 freshmen coming in, both bigs. It probably means we aren't in the running for Beers or the Stanford big.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I am guessing Lilly's backup, which we need desperately. Only one year, so she won't block the 2 freshmen coming in, both bigs. It probably means we aren't in the running for Beers or the Stanford big.
Beers is choosing between Connecticut and Oklahoma and one of her assistant coaches from Oregon State appears to be headed to Oklahoma to join that staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT