ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Big Deal for IU

Rotonda Jim

Benchwarmer
Sep 3, 2003
Since I don't see a baseball forum anyplace, I will put this note here. A big congrats to IU grad Tim Herrin whose debut yesterday for the Cleveland Guardians was amazing.

Guardians 6, Mariners 5 (10)

SEATTLE – José Ramírez scored on a bases-loaded error by catcher Cal Raleigh in the 10th of the major leagues’ first extra-inning game this season.

Cleveland’s Tim Herrin, a 26-yearold left-hander, struck out all four batters he faced in his major league debut, the first pitcher to accomplish that feat since the mound was moved to its current distance in 1893, according to the Elias Sport Bureau.

Former Mariner Mike Zunino hit a three-run homer and had three hits as Cleveland came from behind three times and won three of four from the Mariners.

Enyel De Los Santos (1-0) won, Penn Murfee (0-1) lost and Trevor Stephan earned his first save.

Since I don't see a baseball forum anyplace, I will put this note here. A big congrats to IU grad Tim Herrin whose debut yesterday for the Cleveland Guardians was amazing.

Guardians 6, Mariners 5 (10)

SEATTLE – José Ramírez scored on a bases-loaded error by catcher Cal Raleigh in the 10th of the major leagues’ first extra-inning game this season.

Cleveland’s Tim Herrin, a 26-yearold left-hander, struck out all four batters he faced in his major league debut, the first pitcher to accomplish that feat since the mound was moved to its current distance in 1893, according to the Elias Sport Bureau.

Former Mariner Mike Zunino hit a three-run homer and had three hits as Cleveland came from behind three times and won three of four from the Mariners.

Enyel De Los Santos (1-0) won, Penn Murfee (0-1) lost and Trevor Stephan earned his first save.

there's a baseball forum on this very site

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT